Its Official Guys!, Your pod xt's are redundant =(
Owen
Oct 7 2007, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
http://www.line6.com/podx3/index.html

Pod X3?

They've also just released a live version laugh.gif

Looks pretty sweet, I've seen a few mentionings in the chat logs but nowhere else!

Discuss! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 7 2007, 07:54 PM
Instructor
I’m drooling smile.gif

Gotta have one!! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Oct 7 2007, 08:14 PM
hey dudes,
can someone explain what exactly the pod xt does?
what is for example the difference to the digitech distortion factory ?
just some more effects or what?

cheers laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 7 2007, 08:25 PM
Yhea they were released on the 3rd... I have been trying to figure out how to get my hands on one for about 2 weeks now lol

on a side note if anyone knows a good music store which ships internationally that would be great if they could post a link smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 7 2007, 08:52 PM
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Oct 7 2007, 08:14 PM) *
hey dudes,
can someone explain what exactly the pod xt does?
what is for example the difference to the digitech distortion factory ?
just some more effects or what?

cheers laugh.gif

Its basically a multi-fx unit which means that it can add any number of effects together at once. For example - delay, reverb, distortion etc etc - its perhaps the best known example of this (the Pod series).

It also models the sounds of amplifiers and their specific characteristics so you can emulate vintage or modern sounds that you otherwise couldnt not afford.

This Digitech Distortion Factory isnt multi-fx as it is just a singular distortion processing unit.

Hope this helps cool.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 7 2007, 09:47 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Oct 7 2007, 03:52 PM) *
Its basically a multi-fx unit which means that it can add any number of effects together at once. For example - delay, reverb, distortion etc etc - its perhaps the best known example of this (the Pod series).

It also models the sounds of amplifiers and their specific characteristics so you can emulate vintage or modern sounds that you otherwise couldnt not afford.

This Digitech Distortion Factory isnt multi-fx as it is just a singular distortion processing unit.

Hope this helps cool.gif

Critically it is also an audio interface to your computer so you can record high quality.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2007, 03:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
What I find irritating with Line6 is that you buy their product and then have to pay for add ons, web access and a whole bunch of things (I only said that, add ons and web access is the only ones I can think of right now)
I have their Guitarport and trying to upgrade the software is like first you have to get a membership, see a bunch of pop up windows, sumbit a couple credit card numbers and have size 9 in shoes.

There's too much business with Line6, which of course is why they can afford commercial, get plenty more customers and take another spin.
Maybe it's the same business with Difitech GNX, Zoom, Korg etc, I don't know. Maybe someone can vouce for these companies?

It's just that if I buy a product I will appreciate software upgrades, new amps, sounds and a lollipop for FREE cool.gif
Can someone let me in on how they did it with GNX and the others? Do they release extra sounds and amps for no $$$?

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Oct 8 2007, 03:41 AM
I have the PodXT live board, and have not regretted it. I believe MickeM has a point although. Line6 does concern themselves with software upgrades and add-ons, however, this is something I appreciate! I haven't had experience with Guitarport, but from a POD owners perspective, all of these addons are optional, and if you choose not to get them, it certainly does not cripple the POD at all. I haven't a single model pack yet (except the FX pack that comes with the PODXT live) because I feel as if I have no need for the additional amp models.

As for the Pod X3, I don't plan on getting one. While the XLR and 2 instruments at once is awesome, I'm content with my XT smile.gif

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post
lefty01
Oct 8 2007, 03:51 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 7 2007, 08:35 PM) *
What I find irritating with Line6 is that you buy their product and then have to pay for add ons, web access and a whole bunch of things (I only said that, add ons and web access is the only ones I can think of right now)
I have their Guitarport and trying to upgrade the software is like first you have to get a membership, see a bunch of pop up windows, sumbit a couple credit card numbers and have size 9 in shoes.

There's too much business with Line6, which of course is why they can afford commercial, get plenty more customers and take another spin.
Maybe it's the same business with Difitech GNX, Zoom, Korg etc, I don't know. Maybe someone can vouce for these companies?

It's just that if I buy a product I will appreciate software upgrades, new amps, sounds and a lollipop for FREE cool.gif
Can someone let me in on how they did it with GNX and the others? Do they release extra sounds and amps for no $$$?

Do yourself a huge favor..get the Korg Pandora. Don't beleive me??? Ask Muris:)

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Oct 8 2007, 06:02 AM
aw, i had a topic on this like two weeks ago sad.gif

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:31 AM