Waking Up To Metal Music, Is scary xD
thefireball
Jan 14 2012, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie
(I wake up to music on my iHome - alarm clock mode)

I don't know why, but when I wake up to metal music it sounds like a bunch of noise. Sometimes it's hard to know what's going on. I'll hear screaming and such. I usually now like to wake up to pop or electronic music. I remember being a little freaked out by a Demon Hunter song I put on to wake up to. And there's nothing worse than accidentally forgetting to set the alarm volume to 15 instead of 40 (max). The music gradually crescendos, but with it on 40 it just keeps getting louder and louder and LOUDER!! laugh.gif That's REALLY freaky with metal music in the morning!! ohmy.gif

Thoughts?

--Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 14 2012, 09:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Exactly. biggrin.gif I tried Metallica's Battery (the part when first short solo jumps in) as my alarm clock and it sounded like an earthquake in the morning. I think I'd feel better if someone punched me instead. mellow.gif

Now it's Maiden's Brave New World and it's alright, since the intro is mellow. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Jan 14 2012, 09:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 14 2012, 09:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
I love metal - but I think I'd rather wake up to the Braveheart movie sound track than Demon Hunter. Just seems like an easier transition back to the living, if you know what I mean? LOL.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 14 2012, 09:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
About 6 or so years ago I used to wake up with my stereo. It just started playing the last CD you listened too, and it started to play this VERY LOUDLY.

Pooped myself.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 14 2012, 10:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I still think this tune by Heaven Shall Burn is great, the intro wakes you up softly, but when youre not fast enough...well, just listen.

At the moment I use this awesome song by Pillar to wake up, the chorus is really motivational to me.
(Couldn't find it one youtube...)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6199366/pill...ver_starts_now/

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 02:37 PM
Instructor
I'm featuring ACDC for my alarm, and it's sounding pretty cool smile.gif Makes me feel jump and rock biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 15 2012, 03:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Great posts, guys!

@Brett, I can see why that would scare anybody.

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 15 2012, 03:28 PM
Learning Roadie
I used to wake up to the radio everyday until I woke up to this..... mellow.gif

Let's just say, I felt weird for the rest of the day.... blink.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 15 2012, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru

I wake up to this one and it woeks fine for me

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jan 15 2012, 09:35 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jan 15 2012, 02:28 PM) *
I used to wake up to the radio everyday until I woke up to this..... mellow.gif

Let's just say, I felt weird for the rest of the day.... blink.gif

Oh man! That must have been awful!My wife likes disco and I have to get away when she starts playing it or I will get sick. I either wake up to a Christian station or a three year old. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2012, 10:01 PM
Instructor
hahah great topic!! I wake up with Soothsayer by Buckethead and something weird usually happens. When the song starts I feel like heaven in my dream... then when the distortion starts I start to feel that I'm playing the song... but then the shredding became faster and faster.. and that's when I feel wierd because I think.. Am I playing this fast licks?? that's so fast... mmm I'm not the guy playing this.. ohh no.. it's my cel phone.. hahhaha this happenede many times!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 15 2012, 10:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Has anybody ever felt as though they could speed up or slow down the song when they are first waking up? It's like you can imagine the song is slower or faster, and actually sounds that way...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:36 AM