holoshreder
Feb 7 2008, 10:38 PM
GMC:er
like the GMC senior member

i think we should have a vote to find the teacher of the month

or something like that lol

but for me with out taking credit to any other teacher

the best teacher in my opinion is David Walliman

fantastic knowledge of extended chords , metall stuff , progressive metal stuff etc

you ROCK DAVID

[edit] exactly but kris is already a hero lol YEAH YOU ROCK TO KRIS!! Andrew Cockburn ALSO YOU ROCK!!!!!

[edit3] smile.gif ok guys your right the best teacher is gmc and i thnik you guys miss interpreted what i ment i was in no way saying that david is better than any other teacher but he is the one that fits the best in my style

i love you all biggrin.gif rock on

[edit 4 final] ok i realy want to make this very clear smile.gif i have in no way ment to ofend anyone in this site i respect all the hardwork that every one not just teachers put into running this comunnity and i want to apologise to anyone that might feel ofended by this thread thanks guys smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by holoshreder: Feb 8 2008, 11:10 AM

--------------------
MEN! BANG YOUR HEAD...MEN! WAKE THE DEAD!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Feb 7 2008, 10:46 PM
well every teacher offers you something different to add to your style so its more of your choice. i think there all awsome.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 7 2008, 10:47 PM
Dunno if its fair to encourage favouritism at all on GMC.

But I'm sure David will appreciate the compliment tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Feb 7 2008, 10:52 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well.. here at GMC, you can make your decision, which style you want to nail.. and to include it in your own style. So EVERY SINGLE instructor here is extremely important. Well I am not really into some instructors - i wont name them, so I wont offend them:) They dont deserve it, because I am pretty sure that there is a bunch of students, who love him/them.

But to pick my most favourite in style - hmm.. this is harder, than I thought:D

Ill think about it and send a reply, when I come to it:D

EDIT: Ah, got it. Well, as I said, every instructor deserves global honor. But "my" primary teachers are

Marcus Lavendell (gotta love his neoclassical series.. he is just what I want to be!!:P... Things, that you play.. are really close to my dreams:D hats off man;) )

Kristopher Dahl (without him.. i wouldnt be here:D Also.. we all started on his lessons, didnt we? And thanks to him.. I can improvise pretty much - I somehow lost my doubts about myself and just started to practice practice practice... thank you:) )

Gabriel Leopardi - his analysing of others style is.. amazing, thanks to him, I can see the mind proces in creating of music - altough he usually plays softer music, than I do love.. he helps me in improvisation and creating a HUUUGE

Pavel Denisjuk - he is huge inspiration, as gabriel:) and his shredding ability is a goal for me:D

Al Christie - opened my eyes to Flamenco... which I really adore now:)

Andrew Cockburn - THEORYYYY!! biggrin.gif anything more to say? I totally fallen in love with theory lessons - so now, I practice at home, and when at school, I am counting scales, writing scale formulas and memorizing fretboard:D All-day practice routine:)

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Feb 7 2008, 11:02 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 7 2008, 11:30 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i cant pick...i could write a page on each instructor....each one is as helpfull as the next

i wuv you guys wub.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 7 2008, 11:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (holoshreder @ Feb 7 2008, 04:38 PM) *
like the GMC senior member

i think we should have a vote to find the teacher of the month

or something like that lol

but for me with out taking credit to any other teacher

the best teacher in my opinion is David Walliman

fantastic knowledge of extended chords , metall stuff , progressive metal stuff etc

you ROCK DAVID

[edit] exactly but kris is already a hero lol YEAH YOU ROCK TO KRIS!! Andrew Cockburn ALSO YOU ROCK!!!!!

I'm honored dude. Thanks :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 8 2008, 12:12 AM
Instructor
I just hope Jakub's statement doesn't have anything to do with
a discussion we had in HOT topic not so long ago... sad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 8 2008, 12:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 7 2008, 06:12 PM) *
I just hope Jakub's statement doesn't have anything to do with
a discussion we had in HOT topic not so long ago... sad.gif

I missed that episode..
Any reruns?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 8 2008, 12:44 AM
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Feb 7 2008, 05:33 PM) *
I missed that episode..
Any reruns?

yeah, i dont understand what Muris is talking about.. what happened?

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 8 2008, 12:45 AM
David laugh.gif haha.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 8 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
Teacher of the Month is no fair competition because it would ALWAYS be Mr.GuitarTube tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 8 2008, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 7 2008, 03:47 PM) *
Dunno if its fair to encourage favouritism at all on GMC.

But I'm sure David will appreciate the compliment tongue.gif

agree. no need for that. Kris can tell which lessons are most in demand by hits. And that does not mean they are "better". Also things change, what is most attractive to you now may be different than 6 months from now. And it may switch back about that. I have not seen much here that is not a good lesson, I think we can leave it at that. Just not necessary to rate them, and not very nice I don't think. As I said, everyone can know what are the lessons de jour, by looking at how many are doing it.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 8 2008, 12:58 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I strongly disagree on the idea of appionting the "best" instructor since it means in the end that there's a bunch that could end up feeling inadequate and we don't want that. It's certainly not the case, every instructor here is professional.

It's not like we're anonymously judging the hockey team but we're in their locker room judging them right in front of them. Well, someone might say it's for fun but if there's a pattern forming where a few instructors get all the positive I'm sure the reminder of our instructors are mature enough to applaude aswell but mind that it will rank then in order of popularity.

This was IMO a very bad subject for a thread. I'd rather see it stopped for now.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 8 2008, 12:59 AM
Singing Instructor
I think too that this site is a colectiv(some thing like a whole school)....and I woud never put some one out from the list..bicouse only if you take the whole thing(try to learn from every instructor on board) that you can be better and more complite musician.......

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 8 2008, 12:59 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 7 2008, 11:56 PM) *
agree. no need for that. Kris can tell which lessons are most in demand by hits. And that does not mean they are "better". Also things change, what is most attractive to you now may be different than 6 months from now. And it may switch back about that. I have not seen much here that is not a good lesson, I think we can leave it at that. Just not necessary to rate them, and not very nice I don't think. As I said, everyone can know what are the lessons de jour, by looking at how many are doing it.

+1

All the instructors bring their own flavour to GMC, that what makes this place so great, all the instructors provide excellent lessons, and are all awesome in their own different ways.

Edit: +1 MickeM, I agree also a "bad subject" for a thread

This post has been edited by Smells: Feb 8 2008, 01:02 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 8 2008, 01:01 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The best teacher is GMC. Thats it.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 8 2008, 01:02 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 7 2008, 05:58 PM) *
I strongly disagree on the idea of appionting the "best" instructor since it means in the end that there's a bunch that could end up feeling inadequate and we don't want that. It's certainly not the case, every instructor here is professional.

It's not like we're anonymously judging the hockey team but we're in their locker room judging them right in front of them. Well, someone might say it's for fun but if there's a pattern forming where a few instructors get all the positive I'm sure the reminder of our instructors are mature enough to applaude aswell but mind that it will rank then in order of popularity.

This was IMO a very bad subject for a thread. I'd rather see it stopped for now.

Often we think alike, also Owen. But I won't tell anybody.

A better idea for be for each teacher, to vote on their own personal "best" lesson by us the fans. But not comparing them to other teachers. Not hurtful, and would give them some feedback.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 8 2008, 01:07 AM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 8 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Amen.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 8 2008, 01:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 8 2008, 01:01 AM) *

+1 for this and MickeM post as well.

It's ok to say I like this instructor or instructors
but saying things like
"I'm not into some instructors but I'm not gonna tell the names(to avoid offending)"...dunno,just sounds wrong.

However,if you don't like some of us or our methods,
PLEASE say a word about it,we will do our best to improve things,
just like we always do! smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 8 2008, 01:15 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 8 2008, 01:02 AM) *
Often we think alike, also Owen. But I won't tell anybody.

I'm flattered to share such sharp intellects wink.gif You know fkalich, I've noticed the exact same thing lately.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:38 PM