Show Us Your Guitars!
SixStringSamurai
Jun 5 2013, 08:38 AM
GMC:er
I thought it'd be cool if all us gear heads have one thread to show off your prized possessions and drool over the cool stuff others have.

I've owned a LOT of guitars over the years... from this sort of guitar

to this

and this!

I don't know if I'm growing old or what, but I find myself gravitating towards smaller, more traditional guitars these days.

My main guitar right now is this Peavey Wolfgang Std:

I also have an '03 LP Classic which is the LP that I will never sell - I foolishly actually sold it off a few years ago, then was lucky enough to find it back 3 owners later... it's not going anywhere ever again!

The rest of the collection is constantly in flux but I'll share a few later on - now, let's see yours!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Wow...that PRS looks GORGEOUS!

I am finding the same thing about myself, I want a guitar that looks classy and plays mean as hell, or smooth and sweet smile.gif Here are my current axes. From left to right:

PRS Paul Allender, Ibanez JEM 777SK, PRS Mike Mushok, Yamaha fg 365 s

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 5 2013, 09:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 5 2013, 07:38 AM) *

What model prs is this? The goldtop finish is gorgeous. I was hoping to get a lp goldtop but man this guitar is nice.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2013, 09:47 AM
These types of threads are always fun when they come up smile.gif That WASHBURN is a classic!! Before Dimebag went over to Dean, Washburn was really making some killer guitars. Look at that finish!! Is that an original Bill Lawrence 500xl in the bridge? Is this one still in your collection?

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 5 2013, 09:49 AM

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 5 2013, 10:01 AM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 5 2013, 08:38 AM) *
What model prs is this? The goldtop finish is gorgeous. I was hoping to get a lp goldtop but man this guitar is nice.

It's a PRS Singlecut Trem, 20th Anniversary model smile.gif I wrote about it a little here: http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2012/06/18/p...-that-glitters/ (and there are more pics)

Killer guitar, played well and looked amazing, but the SC Trem models are thinner bodied and don't sound quite like a real Les Paul, so I ended up selling it.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 5 2013, 08:47 AM) *
These types of threads are always fun when they come up smile.gif That WASHBURN is a classic!! Before Dimebag went over to Dean, Washburn was really making some killer guitars. Look at that finish!! Is that an original Bill Lawrence 500xl in the bridge? Is this one still in your collection?

Attached Image

Unfortunately, this one was sold too! It came stock with a Dimebucker in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

Yeah, Washburn had some great Dime guitars! One of my "bucket list" guitars is a Washburn USA Stealth.

Hey, is that a Minarik I spy on your guitar rack? Cool stuff, I always wondered whether they were any good or not, but they never had them in NZ back in the day, and they seem to have faded from view a bit now - are they still in production?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 5 2013, 08:01 AM) *
Wow...that PRS looks GORGEOUS!

I am finding the same thing about myself, I want a guitar that looks classy and plays mean as hell, or smooth and sweet smile.gif Here are my current axes. From left to right:

PRS Paul Allender, Ibanez JEM 777SK, PRS Mike Mushok, Yamaha fg 365 s

Man, that 777 is awesome! I like how it has aged gracefully from its original "Shocking Pink" colour.

This post has been edited by SixStringSamurai: Jun 5 2013, 10:00 AM

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 5 2013, 05:58 PM
Not the whole collection, but just a few!!!
Attached Image
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 5 2013, 06:12 PM
Here's a few ...

[attachment=32176:DSC00214.JPG]

[attachment=32177:pic_036_r.JPG]

+Quote Post
Amp360
Jun 5 2013, 06:57 PM
Here are some things I really like:

'64 Fender Jaguar:

1955 Fender Stratocaster and 56 Tweed Fender Deluxe amp:

1973 Fender Stratocaster and 1973 Fender Telecaster Custom:

1963 Fender Custom Telecaster with 1965 Fender Tremolux amp:

1964 Gibson ES-330:

1967 Gretsch Naschville :

1965 Epiphone Olympic in rare Pelham Blue:

1959 Martin 00-21:

Fender Custom Shop Robbie Robertson Stratocaster and 1950 Fender Broadcaster with 1949(L) and 1956 ® Fender Deluxe amps:

1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard:

Kramer Tom Anderson USA built Elliot Easton model:

1957 Gretsch 6120 with matching amp:

PRS Artist model with solid rosewood neck:

PRS Singlecut Artist with Humbuckers:

PRS Singlecut Artist with P-90s:

Rickenbacker 330 with Rickenbacker M-5 amp:

1962 Gibson SG Jr in Polaris White with Fuchs amp:

Reissue Grestch Coutry Gentleman with Marshall Plexi:

Fender Custom Shop Avril Lavinge model with chrome finish and Martin D-41:

1960 Fender Bandmaster with 1959 Fender Jazzmaster:

This post has been edited by Amp360: Jun 5 2013, 07:04 PM

--------------------
company contact
www.sparkletune.com
https://www.facebook.com/sparkletune
https://twitter.com/sparkletune1

my personal blog:
www.tanpants.net

thank you to john at GMC for inviting me to join this forum

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Jun 5 2013, 07:40 PM
Wow great guitars!!!

Pic of me with my 8 string Ibanez.

Strat, Hey I was testing my pedals for a project! don`t hold that against me!

Les Paul-

This post has been edited by Britishampfan: Jun 5 2013, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 5 2013, 08:24 PM
Holy crap Amp360 - those all belong to you?!!?!? That's an insane collection of vintage gear!! That's one place my gear journey has yet to take me... I can't really afford vintage gear, perhaps one day when I'm older and significantly richer!!

Britishampfan - how are you finding the 8? My hands are tiny, I've never been able to play anything more than a 7, and even then I think my brain just isn't wired for extended range guitars, hahaha.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Jun 5 2013, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 5 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Holy crap Amp360 - those all belong to you?!!?!? That's an insane collection of vintage gear!! That's one place my gear journey has yet to take me... I can't really afford vintage gear, perhaps one day when I'm older and significantly richer!!

Britishampfan - how are you finding the 8? My hands are tiny, I've never been able to play anything more than a 7, and even then I think my brain just isn't wired for extended range guitars, hahaha.

Well it takes some getting used to that is for sure, the neck is great and easy to play, it`s a shred guitar and a great lead guitar I like it for heavy crushing sounds it`s tuned to low F.

I think I am going to low E I have some bigger strings for it the whole trick is getting that low string tension right.

I am getting some new pickups for it, I want Bareknuckle Aftermaths, but I might settle for some D`actvators, the stock pickups are mud.

Still getting it set up for me yet.

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 5 2013, 09:58 PM
Haha yeah one of my good friends had the same model and the same complaint. Stock pickups were instantly chucked out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Britishampfan
Jun 5 2013, 10:07 PM
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 5 2013, 08:58 PM) *
Haha yeah one of my good friends had the same model and the same complaint. Stock pickups were instantly chucked out.

Surprisingly enough I can get a good sound out of it with enough EQ, ha ha

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2013, 10:29 PM
Good Eye! It's a MINARIK LOTUS CUSTOM that I put EMGs in with the PA2 Boost switch. The gain was almost uncontrollable. It was a beautiful guitar smile.gif I was Endorsed by Minarik for a while when I was playing their guitars. I was always impressed with them. I had a MINARIK INFERNO as well which was fun but really too heavy to actually play standing up smile.gif

The lotus played better than most of the real Les Pauls I've tried due to the slim neck profile but then again, thats just preference smile.gif The neck on the lotus is smaller than my Ibanez and the reach was great. I ended up selling them both when I started craving my first 8 string smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 5 2013, 05:01 AM) *
Unfortunately, this one was sold too! It came stock with a Dimebucker in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

Yeah, Washburn had some great Dime guitars! One of my "bucket list" guitars is a Washburn USA Stealth.

Hey, is that a Minarik I spy on your guitar rack? Cool stuff, I always wondered whether they were any good or not, but they never had them in NZ back in the day, and they seem to have faded from view a bit now - are they still in production?

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 6 2013, 08:31 AM
Here's another fun one I used to have... Jackson USA Phil Collen PC1.

Beautiful wood all through this guitar...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 6 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor
I am not a Jackson fan, but this is remarkably beautiful!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:14 AM