2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Meeting Famous People?
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 02:06 AM
GMC:er
Well I dont know how many famous people any of you have come into contact with, but tonight dad called the house when he was in Albany out of town, and said that he was having dinner with Rachael Ray's Father, I thought that was kinda funny biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Have any of you ever met, had dinner with, or done anything with someone famous ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jun 12 2008, 02:34 AM
My friends dad owns a filming company, and he got to play golf with Samual L. Jackson. And my other friend's dad went to school with michael Jackson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Jun 11 2008, 05:34 PM) *
My friends dad owns a filming company, and he got to play golf with Samual L. Jackson. And my other friend's dad went to school with michael Jackson.

Id love to golf with S.L.J smile.gif

Michael Jackson on the other hand laugh.gif dry.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 12 2008, 02:50 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 11 2008, 09:06 PM) *
Well I dont know how many famous people any of you have come into contact with, but tonight dad called the house when he was in Albany out of town, and said that he was having dinner with Rachael Ray's Father, I thought that was kinda funny biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Have any of you ever met, had dinner with, or done anything with someone famous ?

Not that level of famous. Not that much contact either.

I'm not far outside of DC, so politicians are relatively easy to come by. My wife met George W in the mid 90s when he was still Texas Gov. Nothing too big deal...handshake and pleasantries exchanged.

If anyone's seen that movie Breach or remembers Robert Hanssen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen), I used to live by the park where they were doing the dead drops before he got caught.

I need to get out more. I should probably be able to say more but I can't.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 03:01 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 11 2008, 05:50 PM) *
Not that level of famous. Not that much contact either.

I'm not far outside of DC, so politicians are relatively easy to come by. My wife met George W in the mid 90s when he was still Texas Gov. Nothing too big deal...handshake and pleasantries exchanged.

If anyone's seen that movie Breach or remembers Robert Hanssen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen), I used to live by the park where they were doing the dead drops before he got caught.

I need to get out more. I should probably be able to say more but I can't.

The movie Breach is Killer, cool scott smile.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 12 2008, 07:11 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well I've met some polish pop singers while on winter sport holiday, in fact I said to the lady that she can't sing biggrin.gif ( small children can be evil ). My father met a lot of famous people, he studied with Putin in Moscow, and he was leading a security guards when the former pope was first time in Poland, so they traveled together quite a bit. Alas nothing to be to proud of I suppose wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 12 2008, 10:05 AM
Singing Instructor
Well I met,and speak with my idol smile.gif,he is Serbian pop star,but my friend one time so Max Cavallera in the park here in Belgrade,and he almost fainted.smile.gif he was a big Sepultura fan.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 12 2008, 10:14 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`ve met guitarist Paul Samson (unfortunatly dead now) who`s band Samson was quite big in the 80`s at the height of the NWOBHM after a gig and had a beer and a chat with him, that was cool, I`ve met Bernie Torme on 3 occasions (Replaced Randy Rhoads initially) more known for playing in the Ian Gillan band, and this Saturday will get to meet Muris biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 12 2008, 10:21 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jun 12 2008, 11:14 AM) *
, and this Saturday will get to meet Muris biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 12 2008, 10:57 AM
I met ChaotH of uneXpect. I didn't even know I was talking to the bassist when I realized the godly hands and how he actually looked. I was just a school girl praising the dude for his monster-like bass skills.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 12 2008, 11:07 AM
I haven't met any famous people except Mikael Åkerfeldt, Mattias IA Eklundh and Chris Hrasky (the drummer from Explosions in the Sky). And I kind of tried to not embarass myself when I've met them, and I basically never knew what to say. (Except to IA Eklundh, he's a super funny guy and you just can't not enjoy yourself when you're talking to him).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 12:30 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 12 2008, 02:07 AM) *
I haven't met any famous people except Mikael Åkerfeldt, Mattias IA Eklundh and Chris Hrasky (the drummer from Explosions in the Sky). And I kind of tried to not embarass myself when I've met them, and I basically never knew what to say. (Except to IA Eklundh, he's a super funny guy and you just can't not enjoy yourself when you're talking to him).

Thats sick you met Mattias.
Were you at a clinic ?

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Jun 12 2008, 12:30 PM

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 12 2008, 12:36 PM
I've met all of the Pixies, Megadeth, Testament (inc. Alex Skolnick biggrin.gif), The Offspring, cKy and loads more.

I've had drinks and played pool with the members of cKy.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 12:39 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 12 2008, 03:36 AM) *
I've met all of the Pixies, Megadeth, Testament (inc. Alex Skolnick biggrin.gif), The Offspring, cKy and loads more.

I've had drinks and played pool with the members of cKy.

So like who specifically from cKy ?

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 12 2008, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 12 2008, 12:39 PM) *
So like who specifically from cKy ?

I met Deron Miller, Jess Margera, Vern Zaborowski, Chad Ginsburg and I've met and seen them loads of times. I have also met Bam Margera, Brandon DiCamillo and many of the other cKy friends.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 12 2008, 12:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I haven't met any of these people but I have seen them around my home town:

Richard Gere and his wife (in CVS)
Harry Connick Junior (in a grocery store)

My wife has also seen David Letterman and Paul Simon

And last year at the Steve Vai concert in the Botgata, New Jersey I saw Gene Simmons, and his wife

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 12 2008, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 12 2008, 01:30 PM) *
Thats sick you met Mattias.
Were you at a clinic ?

Nope, I met him on the Melloboat while I was talking to Mikael Åkerfeldt (talk about jackpot in meeting cool people there). When Mike left we talked a bit more (and took a picture, obviously). Really, the guy is hillarious and just super nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 12 2008, 01:32 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 12 2008, 04:46 PM) *
New Jersey I saw Gene Simmons, and his wife

Gense Simmons doesn't have a wife, only a "Girlfriend" my friend wink.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 01:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've met all of the band members of Mardo and I've met all of the band members of King's X.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 12 2008, 02:41 PM
I've been thinking about this and I got a couple others...

Depens on your level of interest in Singer/songwriters or the current evolution in the digital music age for independent musicians in the US. I met Samantha Murphy in October when she was in DC. She spent a lot of time out here in 2007 but wasn't able to get out to things except that one night. Got to chat with her a bit after her set. Felt bad for not buying her CD but I already had it.

I also remembered that being in the DC suburbs, Washington Redskins are relatively common to come across.

I met Charlie Casserly (former GM of the Redskins, former GM of the Houston Texans) back in the mid 90's when he was doing the judging for the Washington DC Rose of Tralee.

George Starke was an offensive lineman for the Redskins 1973-1984. Was the Head Hog when they were calling their line The Hogs in the 80's. He had a BBQ joint in Rockville, MD in the early 90's when I worked up there....not sure of it's still around. Had great food and I used to get carryout there frequently and sometimes he'd be there workin the counter. Nice guy. No attitude at all, which is more than can be said for a lot of Redskins from that era.

Also in the early 90's I used to work at a car rental place. Dexter Manley (Redskins defensive end, 1981-1989) would rent from us every once in a while. Once, I had to drive him back in this tiny little car. Kinda weird being stuffed into a little car with a guy that big (and I was 6' and 190 at the time). He wasn't up for chatting that day though.

I could add a few others if electronic communications count (email, that kinda thing) but I don't think it does.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:41 PM