Guitar injury, A gmc project against guitar injuries
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 24 2006, 02:09 PM
GMC Founder
Guitar injury project

Here is something I decided to put together - after countless of emails from people asking what they should do after a practice related injury.

If you know anyone who has had a guitar injury - please make sure they check out this page. Click here to tell a friend a bout this topic.

--Kris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Red Tie
Oct 24 2006, 02:56 PM
GMC:er
Good idea! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Shred Cat
Oct 24 2006, 09:28 PM
Very good idea, I just sent an e-mail. smile.gif

+Quote Post
psychoguitarist_...
Oct 26 2006, 11:38 AM
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
Injury??? Is that even possible while playin guitar??? It probably is when u bend a string so much that it breaks into 2 and one part of it damages ur eye laugh.gif anywayz....... i'll try to NOT injure myself b'coz the last thing i want is a broken hand or finger mellow.gif

--------------------
R.I.P (RoCk In PeAcE) \m/

IPB Image

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Oct 26 2006, 03:19 PM
It is a little humerous, but, yes, one can get fairly serious hand injuries, pulled muscles and stuff, carpal tunnel. I'm going to send Kris the story of when I pulled the fuse out of a Marshall stack....without unplugging it! Let me tell you something....the resulting ZAP was quite memerable! My free arm shot out and blew up the bass player next me. biggrin.gif 30 years ago and he still wont let me forget it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Doofs
Nov 3 2006, 02:59 PM
lol I got an injury that stopped me playing guitar for about 6 months...

And I got it through teaching my partners son how to start playing guitar.... Not good news? Well it isn't as bad as it sounds... I'll explain...

I was teaching Aaron how to play, he has a natural affinity with guitar but no head for scales, or routine practise, he just wants to play songs - so I thought I'd teach him the pentatonic minor scale and set him away with some riffs he could play OVER his favourite songs, nothing difficult, 5 - 12 note riffs.

Anyway, he grasped the first one quickly, and I clicked on the cd with the backing track so he could play it... his brother, Mitch, jealous of the attention, grabbed the CD from the tray and ran outta the house. Mitch is the lil scrapper of the family, and likes nothing better than rolling around on the floor with you in mock wrestling/fighting while you try to retrieve something you cherish.

Highly amused, I ran after him, after carefully replacing my fender in its stand and switching off the amp... He was outside, leaning on the gate... made like he was gonna run so I picked up pace, reached out with my left hand for the gate and grabbed the outer edge....

You know that side of a gate that nestles nicely against the edge of the fence?

Well at that point he grabbed the gate and pulled as hard as he could, I'd already made an attempt to open it but was running too fast to change direction or stop after he'd pulled the gate back, the gate was suddenly where I DIDN'T want it to be... the CD was thrown in the air, Mitch giggling and heading away from me... my bodyweight hit the gate... the gate closed, my hand trapped firmly in a space that was about 1cm wide.... my hand folded at a VERY dodgy angle and blood gushing down the gleaming white gate.

Broke 3 bones in my hand...

I did, however, between roaring in agony as I tried to get the gate back open, catch the all important CD and hand it to Aaron, who ran inside to go back to practising that riff... Oblivious to my pain lol.

About 6 months between then and picking up a guitar, terrified I wouldn't be able to fret again... Now I get pain after a few hours that lasts a few days, but I'm still able to play! My runs are much slower now though sad.gif I'm hoping I can fix that with dedicated practise.

--------------------
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:02 AM