Ladies Board Moderator, Maria is now temporary moderator
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 21 2007, 11:31 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

As you probably already know - the gmc ladies board is an initative to get more lady activity in our community.

Assigning me or Andrew as a moderator here doesn't feel very right - so instead Maria (who already works with the administrative side of gmc) will be taking care of the moderation for a while.

If we can get some more activity on the board - we will pick a member instead. In fact we have already got one lady member who has already shown great qualities - rokchik!

If you are a lady reading this and haven't yet started participating in the forum - please join! If you ask a question here we will make sure you get as quick help as possible!

Kris smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 22 2007, 07:25 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 21 2007, 07:31 AM) *
Hey there,

As you probably already know - the gmc ladies board is an initative to get more lady activity in our community.

Assigning me or Andrew as a moderator here doesn't feel very right - so instead Maria (who already works with the administrative side of gmc) will be taking care of the moderation for a while.

If we can get some more activity on the board - we will pick a member instead. In fact we have already got one lady member who has already shown great qualities - rokchik!

If you are a lady reading this and haven't yet started participating in the forum - please join! If you ask a question here we will make sure you get as quick help as possible!

Kris smile.gif

This is a great idea Kris and again welcome Maria.

I've said it a million times I'm sure but this forum is just amazing. The info on here has helped me so much and I hope more of our female members take advange. It would be nice to have more girls to chat with. tongue.gif But they guys here are great too and have helped me soooo much.

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Maria
Jul 23 2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Thank you rokchik, and thank you Kris! It is an honor! smile.gif

I am really looking forward to seeing some more gals in here! You are so right rokchik, there is so much info hiding in the forum, and a lot of people just waiting to help and discuss. But for newcomers it might be difficult to know where to start (afterall there are more than 30 000 articles!). I guess I am just trying to say that no topic or question is too simple... tongue.gif

Even though I am very familiar with GMC, I am also new to the forum, and actually I feel a bit confused where to start. So I am just starting right here with the ladies board!

Maria

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 24 2007, 12:41 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Maria @ Jul 23 2007, 07:22 PM) *
Thank you rokchik, and thank you Kris! It is an honor! smile.gif

I am really looking forward to seeing some more gals in here! You are so right rokchik, there is so much info hiding in the forum, and a lot of people just waiting to help and discuss. But for newcomers it might be difficult to know where to start (afterall there are more than 30 000 articles!). I guess I am just trying to say that no topic or question is too simple... tongue.gif

Even though I am very familiar with GMC, I am also new to the forum, and actually I feel a bit confused where to start. So I am just starting right here with the ladies board!

Maria

So true Maria. When I first joined I didn't have a clue where to start. I began with the beginners section for my actual playing but I had so many questions and I had no friends that played.

I was hesitant about the forum because generally they can be very unfriendly enviroments, very sexists and kinda creepy at times. Plus I really didn't know a lot about guitar gear or techniques etc. However I kinda cruised around a bit, found some answers to a few questions I had, was kinda intimidated by some topics as didn't have a clue what was being discussed(mostly the theory and Technique stuff) but I also saw some topics I could actually contribute too. I figured I'd jump in and start contributing and before I knew it I had 100 posts and everyone was super supportive. Even with the most mundain of questions people were jumping in to help out and were so nice about it. If the question had been asked before, links were given instead of jabs about stupid newbie questions. Just a great place to hang out really.(I can now contribute...a bit....to the stuff that initially I never had a clue about.)

I've met some great people on this forum and have learned so much. Kris and Co. have made some great improvements to the forum and have arranged it in a style that should be easy to use. My advice to anyone reading this would be to just cruise around the forum and see what's on here. You will probably find the answers to any questions you may have. If not post it, everyone is more than happy to help. Plus there is some really good off topic stuff aswell if you don't feel like getting to technical. tongue.gif

rok

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:46 PM