2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sequence Collaboration - In Class Collaboration #1, Final mix with comments
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 12:32 AM
Instructor
Hello everybody !

Welcome to Sequence collaboration final mix with comments.

I would like to say couple of things before I get to your final comments - if you don't mind smile.gif

This collaboration was first among many that will follow using specific topic as soloing device. It is not like other collabs we had before where you are free to do whatever you want, but you rather have to focus on one thing and do your best with that given thing. Having said that, the comments will focus on specific sequences rather than sound, development, intro ending and things we had in general (open) collabs. Ok, that was the first important thing smile.gif

Second thing, you guys did really well I am very pleased with your takes. You all demonstrated good and solid control of sequence trough your solos. It shows that you are ready for some new topics which makes my program move rather than stay in one place smile.gif

One thing that got me a bit shocked and surprised was number of drop outs in this collaboration. In the beginning there was 10 days to record your take and then I extended it for 2 - 3 more days after that. I figured that would be enough of time for everybody since all you had to do is think of 4 sequences and move them trough chords.
For some guys that dropped out I approve since they let me know via PM they would do so in advance. There were some special cases (like OC leaving GMC sad.gif and others that I don't want to get to , but still I think we should aim to do the work we apply for.
Having said all of these things, I have no hard feelings for guys that didn't make to record or dropped out. We had at least 5 or more collabs in February (Muris had 3 , me and emir one each, david , ramiro + student collabs) - so you guys were on a lot of pressure and all over the place. I respect that and thats why I have no hard feelings for anybody that didn't make it this time.

For future in class collaborations I would just like you to think before you apply, whether or not you can really do it, if you have time to do it and all the rest. I would appreciate you even more if you were honest with this since I count to help you all here and when you back out I feel bad inside a bit mellow.gif

Anyways, enough of introduction , let me thank you for all your takes and time you put into this collaboration !
In March I plan to do 2 in class collaborations and I hope to see you all in them.

Enjoy final mix and comments !

Pedja

Number of participants 19

First up is berko (0:00 - 0:33)

1st sequence : Very nice idea with good rhythmic variety in it. Melodic choice was excellent - strong chord tones were placed on right spots, scale runs were done nicely.
One thing about 1st sequence is I felt phrasing could have been stronger to make it 100% perfect. Other than that excellent work !
2nd sequence : Excellent ! Love this one. Great use of repetition, simple melodic idea and strong melodic choice. Phrasing works well and sounds laid back, like you are playing a bit behind the beat - works perfect with this sequence. Excellent work !
3rd sequence : I like the phrasing in this sequence since it creates double time feel. Over B and A chords note choice worked good but over C# minor there was avoid note that you landed on at the end ( A). minor 6th interval is not good resting note when you have minor triad or minor 7th chord in this case C# E G# (cool.gif. A note clashes with G# since its half step distance. Other than that great sequence!
4th sequence : Very simillar phrasing like in previous sequence and identical problem over C# minor chord. Everything else great !

Overall very cool sequence ideas and you pass this class, just work on that note choice in 3rd and 4th sequence wink.gif

Thank you Berko !

If you have any questions ask here or send me PM I will be happy to answer them all !

big harry (0:34 - 1:06)

1st sequence :
I love this sequence Harry ! Rhythmic choice was question and answer type, and you used minor pentatonic scale with great note choice to fit each chord. Perfect !
2nd sequence : Good sequence Harry. Different rhythm then previous sequence, and syncopated rhythm works well with the backing track. Melodic choice was strong, nothing to add or take, excellent.
3rd sequence : I like it, very simple but efective, 3 different notes going descending from 5th (strong chord tone). Rhythm and phrasing is a bit behind beat and sounds like you are draging the backing a bit but nothing wrong with that (we are focusing on sequences only now smile.gif. Good work !
4th sequence : Exactly the same as first one just octave higher. What was good about it was double time feel, triplet feel you put to it, that worked really well. Again here it sounded like you were playing behind the beat a bit so thats something you will work on in future I hope. Overall good work.

Harry you did great, passed the class and displayed some nice sequence ideas here. I loved your 1st sequence, everything about it was perfect ! Your last sequence was same idea as 3rd sequence; I would have liked to see entirely different sequence there wink.gif Other than that, great job Harry !

Thank you for your take Harry !

Canis (1:06 - 1:37)

1st sequence :
Very nice idea here Canis. Arpeggio based idea with muting in the lower register . Strong melodic choice was applied and phrasing was very strong as well. Great work !
2nd sequence : This sequence is development of the 1st sequence ( I will treat it like that at least smile.gif. I like that you used trills but melodic choice was not correct over some of the chords. I get your vibe, Hendrix used to do that thril hamer on from minor to major 3rd so I won't hold it against you. Good work smile.gif
3rd sequence : I like tapping idea with strong chord tones, works well and sounds different (with interval tap wink.gif. Also I like how you went higher up for this sequence as it changed the mood of the whole solo. Good work Canis !
4th sequence : Sounds almost identical as previous sequence but I will consider it as development since you changed rhythm and added some things. Good work !

Overall Canis you passed the class , your sequences worked over chord progression. I think your guitar was not in tune 100 % with this backing track so thats something I would pay attention to in future as it influences the sound of the whole solo.

Thank you for your take Canis !

coloneldrew (1:38 - 2:09)

1st sequence : Great idea and almost perfect execution ! Melodic choice was perfect as was rhythmic but from technical point some bending was a bit out of pitch. Since we are discussing sequences this was excellent. You took liberty not to do sequence on the very last chord which was fine. Velvet Roger asked me that same thing and I said it would be ok to do so you are all set smile.gif
2nd sequence : Excellent sequence , I love this one. Fast scale run finishing with slower rhythm and strong melodic choice. Execution was perfect in this one. Well done Drew !
3rd sequence : Another excellent sequence with question answer type of phrasing and strong melodic choice. Excellent work Drew !
4th sequence : Very nice sequence, comonly used in a lot of solos. We could even go further and say that its a very comon lick , but regardless you did excelent job with it and provided ending in higher range. Excellent work !

Overall this was very well done Drew, you definitely pass this class smile.gif I hope to see you in some future classes as well man.

Thank you for your take Drew !

Dexxter (2:10 - 2:41)

1st sequence :
Excellent sequence ! I love phrasing in this one slow vs fast and syncopated vs straight rhythms. Melodic choice was also very good altough you started your descending ideas on tension rather than chord note , it still sounded good ! Excellent work Dexxter !
2nd sequence : Good sequence, strong sounding since you used exclusively chord tones. Phrasing was again slow vs fast which made it work even better. Good work !
3rd sequence : Simple and melodic sequence. Nothing spectacular but shows that you can do sequences with very simple ideas as well. Good work !
4th sequence : I like this sequence better then previous one since its also simple but uses more melodic variety. Good work !

Overall Dexxter you passed this class ! There is nothing I can hold against you here, everything I asked for you did which was great man. I look forward having you in some future classes !

Thank you for your take Dexxter !

Emir Hot (2:42 - 3:13)

1st sequence :
Excellent work with both chord tones and scale passages. Constant rhythm applied, strong phrasing as well. Well done Emir !
2nd sequence : Very strong sequence thanks to arpeggio based idea. Works really well with constant rhythm. Excellent Emir !
3rd sequence : Beautifull idea and very well executed with muting technique. Great stuff Emir !
4th sequence : I love this idea the most, yes its a cliche but most important thing here is it goes ascending while chords descend and it creates different effect then all previous sequences. Very well done Emir.

One thing I would like to mention is rhythm - perhaps different rhythmic choice would work as well but you pulled it all off with constant rhythm. Point is I don't want students to aim to play constant lines but to have rests create question and answer with rhythm not just with melodies.

Overall I think its safe to say that you failed this class and should take it again smile.gif))
No man, you are good to go, I hope you will join us in some future classes !

Thank you for your take Emir !

Enfrocer (3:14 - 3:45)

1st sequence :
Beatufill idea with pedal point application ! Strong rhythm and phrasing applied as well as very strong melodic choice. Excellent work Enforcer ! (Can) smile.gif
2nd sequence : Another great idea Can. Here I liked how you had question and asnwer type rhythm ( slow vs fast) as well as strong melodic choice. Excellent work Can.
3rd sequence : I like this idea a lot ! It moves up while the chords move down, and your melodic choice was excellent here. Well done Can.
4th sequence : This sequence is just awesome in my opinion. It was first time you used constant rhythm and you used it really well. Went up trough scale and came down responding with pedal point idea and interval skiping (diatonic thirds). Excellent work Can.

Overall excellent work Can you passed this class without any problems. I never doubted your take since in previous collabs you used a lot of repetition and sequence so I could tell you have a very firm grasp of that technique by now.

Thank you for your take Can and I hope to see you in future classes !

Fsgdjv (3:46 - 4:17)

1st sequence :
Simple and melodic opening sequence, works well with chords. I think you could have picked stronger melodic notes as your last note in the phrase is tension , chord tone would have worked even stronger. Other than that, good work !
2nd sequence : This sequence I like much more then previous one ! It is also 3 notes, different melodic shape, strong rhythm and excellent melodic choice. Well done man !
3rd sequence : I like how you moved up in some case here melody as chords were going down. Very strong melodic choice, but from technicall stand point when you release your bends notes don't sound as strong as they should here. Apart from that excellent work !
4th sequence : One of the best sequences and a great choice to do it as ending if I may add ! Minor pentatonic along with scale passages, typical sequence application used in a lot of solos for last 40 years or so. Excellent work !

Overall Fsgdjv you passed the class without any problems. I hope to see you in some future classes as well man !

Thank you for your take Fsgdjv!

GrannyKiller (4:17 - 4:49)

1st sequence :
Very solid sequence, starting with strong chord tone. Great rhythm choice , question and answer phrasing applied. Well done !
2nd sequence : This sequence is development from previous sequence. I like what you did with it altough idea of this class was to do 4 entirely different sequences ! Great work regardless smile.gif
3rd sequence : Beautiful sequence ! I loved string skipping which created low register melody communicating with higher register melody instantly creating question and answer phrasing. Excellent work !
4th sequence : Pentatonic based sequence worked almost perfect here. As with Canis I will mention that this sort of exact sequence is something that guys like Hendrix did. Be careful with A chord, it should have D# rather then D note when you bend into E note, since we are in C# natural minor or relative E major key. Other than that little thing it was very well done.

First I must say thank you for submitting your take GrannyKiller. I have never seen you on forums before and if I am not wrong this is your first collaboration - correct me if I am wrong please. Either way you did great man, submitted your take last minute and passed class without any problems.
I hope you will join us in future classes as well !

Thank you for your take GrannyKiller !

JamesT (4:50 - 5:21)

1st sequence :
I like this sequence a lot ! Idea behind it is very simple, scale run starting from root of the chord, but what made it sound great was rhythmic choice and strong phrasing. Excellent work Jim !
2nd sequence : This sequence is also very good and strong. What I liked here was question and answer type melodies. Low register question , higher register answer. Strong melodic notes applied - well done !
3rd sequence : This sequence is very typical and is quite oftenly used by a lot of guitar players. What I liked here was that unlike first two sequences this one exclusively used one rhythm and it was triplets which created odd vs even type phrasing against backing track. Great work !
4th sequence : Final sequence sounds very strong thanks to strong chord tones and arpeggio soloing. Constant rhythm applied and strong phrasing. Great work Jim!

First of all I would like to thank you for recording your take once more and submiting it with last sequence updated. That really made a difference in my ears when I listen and compare two takes.
It is safe to say that you passed this without any problems Jim. I hope to see you in future classes as well.

Thank you for your take JamesT !

lcdds (5:22 - 5:53)

1st sequence :
Strong sounding sequence, simple melodic idea with bends leading into root of the chords. Great work Monte !
2nd sequence : Beautiful sequence ! I like it a lot simply because you used 7ths of the chords as resting point for your melody. That made your sequence stick out a bit and it was done with care so it worked well. Excellent work.
3rd sequence : Double time time sequence with descending scale run. Sounds very strong since you started with chord tones. Great work.
4th sequence : Great sequence, I enjoyed the fact you used 7th chords rather than just triad here. If I am not mistaken you also used your favorite technique (tapping) smile.gif Excellent work over all.

Monte, it was worth waiting for your take smile.gif
Excellent work, you pass the class without any problems. I hope to see you in some future classes as well man.

Thank you for your take lcdds !

Marc_Maiden (5:53 - 6:26)

1st sequence :
Sounds very similar to my 1st sequence so I have to say great work here smile.gif
2nd sequence : You developed previous sequence and did complety different sequence in the 2nd voice in harmony. Excellent work altough that was not necessary at all smile.gif
3rd sequence : I like this sequence since its contrasting in regards to first two slower sequences (rhytmicly speaking). Very strong melodic choice and solid phrasing. Great job Marc.
4th sequence : Here you just harmonized the sequence so 2nd voice is doing exactly same idea. I would have prefer if you created counter sequence like you did in the 2nd sequence.

Overall Marc you passed the class but it sems like you really wanted to get those harmonies out man smile.gif I appreciate it, there will be in class collabs with harmonizing given melody and I think you will do great in that. For sequence collab you have passed but I feel you could have just done 4 different sequences or like you did harmony with 2nd voice doing different sequence (that was awesome!).
I hope to see you in future in class collaborations man.

Thank you for your take Marc_Maiden !

Oxac (6:26- 6:58)

1st 4 bars -
Nice sequence using diatonic 3rds as well as pedal point !
2nd 4 bars - Very strong melodic choice for sequence using diatonic 5ths.
3rd 4 bars - Satriani like legato 3 note sequenced idea - great work !
last 4 bars - Excellent arpeggio idea and soloing !

Overall Oxac you were among the first one to submit your take but it wasn't exactly what I asked for. I wanted 4 sequences trough whole solo, you recorded some sequences within solo. I still accepted this take because it has very strong melodic choices in sequences and besides that I know you can play and use sequence. You still pass this class because I know you can pull sequences as I heard in your previous solos wink.gif
Good job on solo and sequences in it, I hope to see you in future in class collaborations, and please if you have questions ask in the thread, read first post and listen to my solo - answers are already there !

Thank you for your take Oxac ! (when can I get some keyboard solo from you ? wink.gif

Paiva (6:58 - 7:29)

1st sequence :
Great work with this one Paiva ! I love phrasing and note choice here, very strong and melodic, almost riff like sounding.
2nd sequence : I like the melodic idea but execution is not perfect so it made it sound weaker then it should. Some bends are out of tune and you should work on that. Other than that, melodic choice was great in this sequence , great job Paiva !
3rd sequence : Pentatonic based idea that moves trough chords with interesting melodic choice (both chord tones and tensions). That was great, phrasing here was even weaker than in the first one so it made it sound weak overall. Sequence is definitely there and we are grading on that right now so you get A for sequence smile.gif
4th sequence : Very strong sequence and melodic idea since you used strong chord tones and arpeggio lines. Excellent work , same thing with phrasing as in previous one.

Overall Paiva you pulled it off and passed the class since all sequences were moved properly trough harmony. On the side note, your phrasing was a bit weak in the whole solo and I suggest you work on it for some future in class collaborations (we will soon have one that focuses on phrasing wink.gif.

One more thing , congratulations on winning the competition on Portuguese forum ! smile.gif

Thank you for your take Paiva and hope to see you in my next collaboration as well !

Sami (7:30 - 8:01)

1st sequence -
Simple but at the same time very strong melodic sequence. You choose root and diatonic 3rds as two melodic notes, and they worked great over harmony. Great work Sami.
2nd sequence - I like this sequence a lot ! It sound like you builded on the previous sequence and extended it. Sounds very strong in both rhythm and melody area. Well done Sami !
3rd seqeunce - Nice ! Love this one. You used interval skips and managed to keep it interesting with strong melodic choice. Well done Sami !
4th seqeunce - Strong chord tones and arpeggio lines works well with harmony. I am just curious why your arpeggio over B chord sounds a bit odd , other than that great work.

Sami it is safe to say that you did very well and passed class. You didn't go for technical sequences but I like that you did the work and each sequence was very well executed.

Hope to see you in future in class collabs buddy.

Thank you for your take Sami !

Tolek (8:02 - 8:34)

1st sequence :
Very strong sequence, add 9 arpeggio ideas always work wonders. Excellent work Tolek.
2nd sequence : I like the idea but execution is not so great. Sound has a lot of gain and low eq's so its very hard to hear what you are actually playing there. I will say good work as it is obvious that you did sequence here wink.gif
3rd sequence : Excellent sequence idea. String skipping and imediate question and answer phrasing , low vs high register. Strong melodic choice - great work Tolek.
4th sequence : Interesting ! Monte did bends into Roots you did bends into Diatonic 3rds. Both work great. Great work Tolek !

Overall Tolek you passed this class without any problems. Melodic choice was strong in all examples and sequence was there definitely. One thing that I would look for is that 2nd sequence and the execution of it. Send me a PM if you don't feel discussing it here man.
As you know you are signed up for life, so I will auto sign you for two collaborations I plan to do this month smile.gif

Thank you for your take Tolek !

Velvet Roger (8:34 - 9:06)

1st sequence :
Excellent work with opening sequence. Interval skips with strong melodic choice and phrasing. Excellent work Roger !
2nd sequence : Great development of opening sequence. Just one little thing , on first chord try to avoid using minor 6th as it clashes with perfect 5th. This is especially the case if you end on weak/avoid note or play longer rhythm with it. Otherwise great job !
3rd sequence : Beautiful sequence with interval runs of diatonic 3rds. I like how you used slides in this ones to make simple melodic idea stick out more. Great work Roger !
4th sequence : Another cool slide idea but this time more of a glissando effect. Strong melodic approach and interesting execution. Excellent work Roger.

Overall Roger it is safe to say you nailed this class. I have nothing to add or take except that minor 6th advice over minor chords (avoid note good only as passing note !).
You are signed up for life like Tolek and Enforcer , so I will see you in my next in class collaboration smile.gif By the way, your sound was great here I love how it fit the backing !

Thank you for your take Roger !

wrk (9:06 - 9:38)

1st sequence :
As strong as it gets, arpeggios of each chord. Well done Andy.
2nd sequence : Wonderful development. You created question and answer type phrasing with 2nd idea. Excellent work.
3rd sequence : Very similar sequence phrasing wise, but melodic choice was strong so it worked again.
4th sequence : I love this sequence better than previous one. It ends on strong chord tones and phrasing defines it very well. Excellent work.

Andy you pass the class without any problems. You and Roger were doing great with development of your sequences. Marc also did great job to some extent with his harmony parts doing different sequence vs original one.
Overall great work Andy I hope you will be in next class as well.

Thank you for your take wrk !

Pedja Simovic (9:38 - 10:10)

Feel free to grade my take - I am just submitting you link with lesson on collaboration solo. Feel free to check out spoken video as I go more in depth regarding each of the sequences.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/sequen...aboration_solo/

Guys its been pleasure running this class, getting your takes and grading them. You all passed which makes me really happy and am very excited to see how you will handle my future classes in this month !

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or via PM.

It was great having you in this class and I hope to see you all in next one (which will be in couple of days !!!).

Until then have fun and see you around forums !

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Mar 3 2009, 03:55 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sequence_collaboration_final_mix.mp3 ( 9.31MB ) Number of downloads: 328

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 3 2009, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Pedja, great work on the comments!

One thing: the final mix is 1/2 beat late!! I'm listening to it right now and it seems that this happened only with mine and Harry's! Later on it gets back to sync

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by berko: Mar 3 2009, 12:39 AM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 12:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 3 2009, 12:38 AM) *
Pedja, great work on the comments!

One thing: the final mix is 1/2 beat late!! I'm listening to it right now and it seems that this happened only with mine and Harry's! Later on it gets back to sync

Ups , if thats the case my bad and sincere apologies ! I spent a lot of time syncing everybodys take, that took a lot of work actually... I can post your actual takes in future collabs - we will talk about it. Let me get to rest of comments now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 3 2009, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 3 2009, 12:44 AM) *
Ups , if thats the case my bad and sincere apologies ! I spent a lot of time syncing everybodys take, that took a lot of work actually... I can post your actual takes in future collabs - we will talk about it. Let me get to rest of comments now smile.gif

no worries, i understand it's a big job! looking forward to the other comments!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 3 2009, 01:38 AM
Instructor
Good that I failed. Your video is next to be recorded in my collab smile.gif hahaha just kidding

Great work man, this was really fun. I actually realized I could have done more rhytmical variations but next time I will improve smile.gif

cheers

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 01:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 3 2009, 01:38 AM) *
Good that I failed. Your video is next to be recorded in my collab smile.gif hahaha just kidding

Great work man, this was really fun. I actually realized I could have done more rhytmical variations but next time I will improve smile.gif

cheers

I knew you were waiting to get me Emir laugh.gif

I enjoyed it a lot, you are monster player, thats your style I don't mean to change it, but for those guys that don't want to shred its good to show some pacing in solos and rhythmic variety thats all.

When can I expect my video for your collab ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Mar 3 2009, 02:43 AM
Thank you man! I just have to remind you that I have a "admit forever for all collabs" card of yours biggrin.gif

I really had to think and formulate some interesting ideas, to be honest I like these kind of collabs that makes me thing and pushes me "musically". (Generally all the collabs push me technically due to my lacks on these areas)

I am looking forward to your next collabs Pedja, and great work here!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 03:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Mar 3 2009, 02:43 AM) *
Thank you man! I just have to remind you that I have a "admit forever for all collabs" card of yours biggrin.gif

I really had to think and formulate some interesting ideas, to be honest I like these kind of collabs that makes me thing and pushes me "musically". (Generally all the collabs push me technically due to my lacks on these areas)

I am looking forward to your next collabs Pedja, and great work here!

Glad you enjoyed comments Can !

I wrote it down on piece of paper thats on my computer desk. You, Velvet Roger and Tolek are in for life. Perhaps there wil be more in future , but you guys are always around and do great work, I appreciate it a lot !

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 3 2009, 03:23 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
4th sequence : Great sequence, I enjoyed the fact you used 7th chords rather than just triad here. If I am not mistaken you also used your favorite technique (tapping) Excellent work over all.

Thanks Pedja!! Actually these were two note per string 7th chords ala Steve Vai. I wanted to phrase them in Quintuplet and 16th triplet phrasings but I started the collab so late that I didn't have time to work them up to tempo so I just phrased them as straight 16th notes. Good news is that I came up with a cool lick to work on for the next one. smile.gif Look forward to your next class Pedja. I've organized my practice routine to be able to do these collabs. I love the classroom type format. I don't know if you have been following my MTP threads but I am trying to implement a similar classroom approach with my mentorees. Thanks for the idea and the kind comments. smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 03:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 3 2009, 03:23 AM) *
Thanks Pedja!! Actually these were two note per string 7th chords ala Steve Vai. I wanted to phrase them in Quintuplet and 16th triplet phrasings but I started the collab so late that I didn't have time to work them up to tempo so I just phrased them as straight 16th notes. Good news is that I came up with a cool lick to work on for the next one. smile.gif Look forward to your next class Pedja. I've organized my practice routine to be able to do these collabs. I love the classroom type format. I don't know if you have been following my MTP threads but I am trying to implement a similar classroom approach with my mentorees. Thanks for the idea and the kind comments. smile.gif smile.gif

You welcome Monte !

I just finished writing all comments and was about to send you PM about that... You did great with MTP, I did not see anything wrong in terms of theory or anything at all. Very well organized, easy to read and follow, just make sure you provide them enough assignments to learn all those things !

I am very excited about future in class collabs - will try to post one on Wednesday probably.

Thank you Monte and glad you found time in your routine for collabs !

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 3 2009, 06:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 3 2009, 03:59 AM) *
You welcome Monte !

I just finished writing all comments and was about to send you PM about that... You did great with MTP, I did not see anything wrong in terms of theory or anything at all. Very well organized, easy to read and follow, just make sure you provide them enough assignments to learn all those things !

I am very excited about future in class collabs - will try to post one on Wednesday probably.

Thank you Monte and glad you found time in your routine for collabs !

Thanks Pedja. Feel free to stop by my MTP threads and correct or clarify anything I am trying to get them to learn. My goal is to get these guys to think and understand what they are doing so they can create there own licks. If I just teach them a bunch of licks then at the end of the day that is all they got, a bunc of licks, I want them to make their own licks. smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
JamesT
Mar 3 2009, 07:01 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks Pedja. Had a great time doing this one. Learned a lot. Looking forward to the next one. smile.gif

Jim.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 3 2009, 07:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot Pedja for your comments! smile.gif

Will certainly be present for the next collabs!

Roger

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 3 2009, 06:13 AM) *
Thanks Pedja. Feel free to stop by my MTP threads and correct or clarify anything I am trying to get them to learn. My goal is to get these guys to think and understand what they are doing so they can create there own licks. If I just teach them a bunch of licks then at the end of the day that is all they got, a bunc of licks, I want them to make their own licks. smile.gif smile.gif

Will do Monte I promise. So far you are doing great, perhaps some lick wouldn't hurt them for analysis purpose !

QUOTE (JamesT @ Mar 3 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Thanks Pedja. Had a great time doing this one. Learned a lot. Looking forward to the next one. smile.gif

Jim.

Great Jim, glad to hear that !

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Mar 3 2009, 07:51 AM) *
Thanks a lot Pedja for your comments! smile.gif

Will certainly be present for the next collabs!

Roger

You welcome Roger, I look forward to next one as well.
Quick question about your sound - was that one of the effects you sent me recently ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 3 2009, 08:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 3 2009, 08:17 AM) *
You welcome Roger, I look forward to next one as well.
Quick question about your sound - was that one of the effects you sent me recently ?

Not sure, am at work now. Will check this evening (I thought it was a new one) and I will post the .l6t file tonight in this thread smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 10:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Mar 3 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Not sure, am at work now. Will check this evening (I thought it was a new one) and I will post the .l6t file tonight in this thread smile.gif

Awesome man, look forward to it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 3 2009, 10:21 AM
4th sequence : Pentatonic based sequence worked almost perfect here. As with Canis I will mention that this sort of exact sequence is something that guys like Hendrix did. Be careful with A chord, it should have D# rather then D note when you bend into E note, since we are in C# natural minor or relative E major key. Other than that little thing it was very well done.

Thanx! Actually I thought about it quite a lot...at first, it was the D# note, but it was kinda hard to pull off, so I settled with the D, and it sounded pretty cool to me at the time. biggrin.gif I believe Blackmore used to do stuff like this as well...Thanks for the tips biggrin.gif

First I must say thank you for submitting your take GrannyKiller. I have never seen you on forums before and if I am not wrong this is your first collaboration - correct me if I am wrong please. Either way you did great man, submitted your take last minute and passed class without any problems.
I hope you will join us in future classes as well !

Nah man, you're right, it is my first collab. biggrin.gif When I joined GMC, I hadn't been quite sociable, didn't care much for the forum, collabs, people, etc. I haven't even responded to people who wished me a happy birthday. sad.gif
I'm really sorry for that now, and wish to change that, as I've recently come to realize GMC is such a wonderful place...and that participating in collabs and the forum really makes me feel better and active, like I'm really doing something, you know? Every minute I spend here, I learn something.
GMC's not like some other places where people think that, you know, like if you listen to Michael Angelo Batio, you're a lower being...and if you don't play a Fender or Gibson, well, you're not entitled to your own existence...

Anyway, I found this collab to be extremely useful, and really made me focus on this aspect of playing. And my improvisation has also had much benefit from this collab. Great to hear I passed. biggrin.gif

And I'm definitely in for future collabs...can't wait for your next one. smile.gif The only problem I have concerning collabs is that I don't have a video camera and can only record and submit audio takes, so many collabs are off limits for me...

--------------------
A kick in the butt is only another step forward...

.:G.E.A.R:.

Guitars: B.C.Rich Assasin QX6 // Jolana Galaxis (modded by me) // Melodija Menges nylon-acoustic // Vintage EJM-96 Bass

Amps: Marshall AVT50X combo // Roland MicroCube // some cr***y old Newport with a 12" speaker

Effects: Boss GT-10

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 3 2009, 10:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrannyKiller @ Mar 3 2009, 10:21 AM) *
Thanx! Actually I thought about it quite a lot...at first, it was the D# note, but it was kinda hard to pull off, so I settled with the D, and it sounded pretty cool to me at the time. biggrin.gif I believe Blackmore used to do stuff like this as well...Thanks for the tips biggrin.gif

Nah man, you're right, it is my first collab. biggrin.gif When I joined GMC, I hadn't been quite sociable, didn't care much for the forum, collabs, people, etc. I haven't even responded to people who wished me a happy birthday. sad.gif
I'm really sorry for that now, and wish to change that, as I've recently come to realize GMC is such a wonderful place...and that participating in collabs and the forum really makes me feel better and active, like I'm really doing something, you know? Every minute I spend here, I learn something.
GMC's not like some other places where people think that, you know, like if you listen to Michael Angelo Batio, you're a lower being...and if you don't play a Fender or Gibson, well, you're not entitled to your own existence...

Anyway, I found this collab to be extremely useful, and really made me focus on this aspect of playing. And my improvisation has also had much benefit from this collab. Great to hear I passed. biggrin.gif

And I'm definitely in for future collabs...can't wait for your next one. smile.gif The only problem I have concerning collabs is that I don't have a video camera and can only record and submit audio takes, so many collabs are off limits for me...

You welcome regarding the tips smile.gif
I am glad you found this collab useful, I plan to make many more with different topics. Some will be very tricky while some will be easier but for time being you did well.

Great to hear you will be around the forums more ! I agree with you, GMC is place to be, if you connect this with hard work I don't see any limit really towards how far you can go.
Regarding video collabs, I believe only Ivan does them and that started recently so you are all set (all the others require audio recording wink.gif

Thanks for participating, hope to see you in next one as well !

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Mar 3 2009, 10:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you Pedja for your comments and this nice class room style collab.

You can not believe how much this sequence approach to build and transpose licks helped me already. I have applied the same concept on other chord progressions and it's a great and fun way to discover possible note choices over each chord. The concept is easy and kind of obvious when approaching a new progression, but to actually do it with the purpose to upload a take is a really rewarding experience. To focus on one thing only helps a lot to be more conscious of what to do. I hope you will continue like this with many more collabs. Of course i will subscribe to your next class smile.gif

Thank you !!

EDIT : ... btw, i would like to click the auto sign up button as well ... if possible!!

This post has been edited by wrk: Mar 3 2009, 10:44 AM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Mar 3 2009, 10:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Mar 3 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Thank you Pedja for your comments and this nice class room style collab.

You can not believe how much this sequence approach to build and transpose licks helped me already. I have applied the same concept on other chord progressions and it's a great and fun way to discover possible note choices over each chord. The concept is easy and kind of obvious when approaching a new progression, but to actually do it with the purpose to upload a take is a really rewarding experience. To focus on one thing only helps a lot to be more conscious of what to do. I hope you will continue like this with many more collabs. Of course i will subscribe to your next class smile.gif

Thank you !!

EDIT : ... btw, i would like to click the auto sign up button as well ... if possible!!

I also observed the same thing Andy, such a specific collab really makes you think about things smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:50 PM