My New Strat
ChrisVdS
Apr 5 2009, 04:28 PM
GMC:er
So as i told in another topic my dad gave me his Fender Stratocaster for my birthday yesterday and now i have taken some pics of it so you can all see what it looks like and what i changed wink.gif

This is how it looked before:

So as you see the white pickguard is not very white anymore the knobs changed color and if you notice the new pickguard is missing 2 holes for the pots so i had to drill those myself.

New pickguard, knobs, pickup covers installed

Tremelo cover was also faded so i changed it to a matching pearloid trem cover, the neckplate is also swapped to one with the fender logo on it.

Future plans new neck & bridge from the 2008 - 2009 american standard series, new jack cover and a Holy diver & irish tour HSS set from BKP.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
TreyDeschamp
Apr 5 2009, 04:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Dude that is a really nice looking guitar you did a great job of fixing it off just if it was minor things. I bet your dad isnt too happy about letting that go now is he tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 5 2009, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Nice looking guitar congratz

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Artemus
Apr 5 2009, 04:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
She's a beaut! Good job smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 5 2009, 04:38 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Apr 5 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Dude that is a really nice looking guitar you did a great job of fixing it off just if it was minor things. I bet your dad isnt too happy about letting that go now is he tongue.gif

He knows i will never sell it, it's hardly used i just don't get it how the hardware could have aged like that with never seeing the light of day. I'm happy myself with the way the minor changes but the bridge and neck replacement are for a luthier i dont want to do th whole intonation thing laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
SensE
Apr 5 2009, 05:55 PM
Very nice looking, indeed. Congratualtions. An old fender always played like a dream.

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM
biggrin.gif Wicked, nice pearloid^^ Shall I post pictures of mine too..?biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 5 2009, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Apr 5 2009, 05:42 PM) *
V nice biggrin.gif personnaly i would have kept all the vintage parts on though... rolleyes.gif

Yeah same here, I think it looks cool when it yellows.

Congrats man, very nice guitar.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 5 2009, 06:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice job mate, make sure you keep all those original bits safe though!!

+Quote Post
berko
Apr 5 2009, 06:47 PM
Wow the vintage style looked nice but the pearloid covers look even better! biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 5 2009, 07:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thats Blasfemi. it looked soooo vintage, How could u? sad.gif but looks damn good (as strats do)

This post has been edited by Frederik: Apr 5 2009, 07:30 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 5 2009, 08:18 PM
Instructor
I think it looks cool man! smile.gif Changing the hardware may seem like a good thing to do. It doesn't cost that much, and you can do it one piece at a time. The hardware can corrode even if kept in closet, because of the moisture in the air. But that vintage hardware sure adds a nice vibe to the guitar, specially the vintage bridge saddles. cool.gif

PS whats that amp on the right, looks very vintage? smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 5 2009, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (Frederik @ Apr 5 2009, 08:30 PM) *
Thats Blasfemi. it looked soooo vintage, How could u? sad.gif but looks damn good (as strats do)

How can i, i will tell you i do not like how the glossy vintage finish feels on the neck it feels sticky, the vintage frets are just to small for me and the corroded parts will get replacement with new upgraded parts from fender so it will be an improved guitar.

Ofcourse i will keep all the parts in the long run i will get a warmoth replacement body and put the whole thing together with the old parts.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 5 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Its your choise tongue.gif i guees i would have to do the same if it didnt play right

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Apr 5 2009, 08:35 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 5 2009, 09:18 PM) *
I think it looks cool man! smile.gif Changing the hardware may seem like a good thing to do. It doesn't cost that much, and you can do it one piece at a time. The hardware can corrode even if kept in closet, because of the moisture in the air. But that vintage hardware sure adds a nice vibe to the guitar, specially the vintage bridge saddles. cool.gif

PS whats that amp on the right, looks very vintage? smile.gif

The amp is very old it's a Hohner Orgaphon it was built somewhere between 1965 and 1972 it's in bad shape on the outside but it still works it's a full tube amp with 2 10 inch speakers producing 60 watts if i had 4 guitars i would try and see if you can really use 4 guitars at the same time because it has 4 input jacks.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 6 2009, 09:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Apr 5 2009, 08:35 PM) *
The amp is very old it's a Hohner Orgaphon it was built somewhere between 1965 and 1972 it's in bad shape on the outside but it still works it's a full tube amp with 2 10 inch speakers producing 60 watts if i had 4 guitars i would try and see if you can really use 4 guitars at the same time because it has 4 input jacks.

Those four inputs are for different channels on the pre-amp mate, in effect before you could switch channels with an amp they would give you different inputs for different voicings, you see this a lot more now on vintage re-issue fender amps and such, i wouldnt try plugging four guitars in mate, i think you might do some damage if you do!!

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Apr 6 2009, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Beautiful new strtat! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Apr 6 2009, 02:48 PM
Very cool Strat, looks modern now ! And I love that ancient amp! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Apr 6 2009, 02:54 PM
Instructor
The strat looks great, congrats smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 6 2009, 03:05 PM
Learning Roadie
That amp is really cool. And congrats on having yourself a nice strat smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:38 AM