Riff Works Experiences
Giacinto
Apr 26 2009, 01:23 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,
do you have any experiences with Riff Works?
I got the line 6 demo and i quite liked it and decided to buy it. Unfortunately I am a bit confused, because there
are two different versions (Standart and Line 6 v.2) and I am not sure which to buy.
I have line 6 hardware (pod x3) but I guess Riff Works Standart also works with the x3 except it offers more promising
possibilities that the line 6 version doesnt have and you can also use Gearbox or Pod Farm as a VST plug-in..

Do you know about any major differences that speak against the Standart version which costs just 20 $ more and can be sold in a store ( i dont like the idea of buying the line 6 version online - and thats the only possibility you have! )..

thanks for some advice! laugh.gif huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Giacinto: Apr 26 2009, 01:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Crazyfret
Apr 27 2009, 11:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Giacinto

I work with Riffworks Standard. I think the Line 6 one is a lite version that probably doesn't have all the features as the standard, (I need to check, but I think the standard version comes with more backing drums).

Its a relatively good package to get down some ideas you have on your guitar. If there is a fault with it is that you can't import mp3's in which makes for playing in collabs a bit tricky, and why I also purchased a non commercial copy of Reaper.

If you click on this link it will take you to a page where you can buy a download version of Riffworks Standard.Riffworks Standard Download

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Apr 27 2009, 11:49 AM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Giacinto
Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM
GMC:er
oh thanks man! and standart works without problems with "all" devices, so i won't get any problems with my POD?

cheers

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Apr 27 2009, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Giacinto @ Apr 27 2009, 04:04 PM) *
oh thanks man! and standart works without problems with "all" devices, so i won't get any problems with my POD?

cheers

Riffworks works fine with your Pod. I record with my Podxt without any probs

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:30 PM