2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Compete Only With Yourself.
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 20 2008, 09:06 PM
Singing Instructor
Great text Daniel,and I agree all the way.So many times when I was on shows I heard singers that sing like I never could,but this just makes me want to practice more and make my self happy.My voice is my own,and ,my style is my style.I will do my best to contribute as best as I can.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 20 2008, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
This is the best topic i ever read. Thanks Daniel, you have a very good way to explain things. I just got out of a "down" period myself, so it's good to hear these words smile.gif Thanks man!

Alex

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 22 2008, 05:31 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Couldn't have said it any better, I absolutely agree with Daniel.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
GuitarsANDtattoo...
Sep 23 2008, 06:28 PM
This is a great piece of advice to be sure, just keep slogging away. Some day's you're on, some you're not so on, but it's normal. I go up and down all the time. I think its analogous to life in general.

--------------------
Practice, you must!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 24 2008, 06:57 PM
Personally I learnt to shred becuase I loved the sound of others doing it, so I kind of disagree.
However I strongly think that you should love the way to the top, not just the top.

The journey's the best part!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Sep 25 2008, 05:57 AM
Instructor
I am certainly not saying you shouldnt look to others for inspiration, if i want to learn how to play like Ynqwie, i listen to Yngwie etc...

The whole point though is never get caught in a place in your mind where you feel inadequate, striving for perfection on the guitar is a long long battle there are still things all of us can and want to learn its a matter of focus.

Thinking you are not cut out for it because someone beat you in a "Guitar battle" for example. Thats ridiculous thinking. Just because i can't play like Steve Vai, doesnt mean i can't be on the same stage as him metaphorically speaking.

As i said, there are things all of you do that makes you unique, nobody can take that from you...develop it....hone it...master it...share it. Music has enough room for anyone willing to give it enough time and effort.

Certainly your level of success may differ than someone else, but that doesnt mean your not important. Always remember that.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:17 AM