2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What's The Name Of Your Guitar?
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2014, 09:04 AM
Instructor
I posted an article yesterday, dealing with 14 famous guitars that have names: http://www.guitar-muse.com/14-famous-guita...ey-are-now-5037

Darius sparked an interesting thought and I came up with this thread about.... how do you call your guitar? Did you give it a name? Share your story tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2014, 10:55 AM
Instructor
hahaha interesting thread! my guitars never had a name... just "the Gibson", "the Fernandez", "the acoustic". biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2014, 11:27 AM
Instructor
My baritone is called 'The Burrito' simply because burrito resembles the word baritone biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2014, 11:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 21 2014, 07:27 AM) *
My baritone is called 'The Burrito' simply because burrito resembles the word baritone biggrin.gif

When you say "Burrito", this is what comes to my mind:

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 21 2014, 02:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
my guitars have no names , but are all referred to as her, my wife might say the other women huh.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 21 2014, 03:06 PM
GMC:er
Hah, mine are called (by myself and my friends) the black, the red and the sunburst laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 21 2014, 03:11 PM
Instructor
I have only one guitar that actually have a name. It's my "Bloody
Mary". It's my childish dream come true and half made it come true with my own hands. It was a regular copy of LP. Now...You can see it on my Metalcore 1 and 2 lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 21 2014, 04:18 PM
Learning Tone Master

My guitar has 2 name: "black boy" and "black beast" biggrin.gif Of course the second name doesn't fit with my style of playing but it fit when my fingers bleed after millions of bends tongue.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 21 2014, 05:41 PM
I've never consciously named a guitar but a couple have acquired names. Though not from me directly.

This is 'the Avocado'. So named by the guy that fixes my stuff ...
Attached Image

A Raven haired ex-girlfriend named this one 'the blonde' ...
Attached Image

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 21 2014, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2014, 09:51 AM
Instructor
It sounds like a gang of bandits... Bloody Mary, The Burrito, Black Boy, Avocado and The Blonde biggrin.gif Ken - the Blonde has some years on it, right?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 22 2014, 12:03 PM
Instructor
ha ha biggrin.gif good one. Never thought of this but yes it sound like a gang biggrin.gif Monica - beast doesn't fit Your style for sure. Maybe just "black nasty boy" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 22 2014, 03:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 22 2014, 11:03 AM) *
Monica - beast doesn't fit Your style for sure. Maybe just "black nasty boy" biggrin.gif

Hahaha laugh.gif ....... "black nasty boy"......I like it biggrin.gif I will borrow this name wink.gif

Yesterday everything was like usual and today my "Black Boy" it's in a gang? laugh.gif He deserve the new name: "black nasty boy" laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 22 2014, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Exactly - just to fit the gang smile.gif))

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 22 2014, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 22 2014, 12:51 AM) *
Ken - the Blonde has some years on it, right?

That's relative. It's 'probably' from 1978. A Hagstrom D,Aquisto. I picked it up in the mid 90s.
She's prettier than she sounds. The 'Avocado' on the other hand is not much to look at but is a great sounding and playing axe.
All gang members have their roles.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2014, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 22 2014, 04:35 PM) *
That's relative. It's 'probably' from 1978. A Hagstrom D,Aquisto. I picked it up in the mid 90s.
She's prettier than she sounds. The 'Avocado' on the other hand is not much to look at but is a great sounding and playing axe.
All gang members have their roles.

'78 is 6 years before I was even born so, it's old alright biggrin.gif How old is the Avocado?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 23 2014, 09:24 AM
Instructor
So Your 84' too Cosm ?smile.gif We both have "The 30" party this year ?biggrin.gif Maybe we should make a speciall collab then tongue.gif Which month ?smile.gif I'm from April smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 23 2014, 08:24 AM) *
So Your 84' too Cosm ?smile.gif We both have "The 30" party this year ?biggrin.gif Maybe we should make a speciall collab then tongue.gif Which month ?smile.gif I'm from April smile.gif

July th 12th biggrin.gif yeah D-man, we will change the first number tongue.gif Old dudes... laugh.gif We could make one, why not? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 23 2014, 10:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Hardly old sad.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 23 2014, 01:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Diego

Düsy

LPJunior

and finally Ovi smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 23 2014, 02:29 PM
My G&L Asat is known as 'Bitch', my San Dimas mahogany bodied copy is called 'Mr Brown' and my pink Strat (built for a GMC Comp) is 'The Pink Plankster'. See it HERE.
I forgot... My Bass is called 'Little Miss Attitude'!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jan 23 2014, 06:39 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:25 AM