> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Feb 25 2015, 02:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cheers Gab,

Out for a meal with wife tonight so time will be spent practicing. I'll investigate at the weekend, I have the RX100 MKI (First edition)

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2015, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Ok! Have a great time, and then check the camera's manual. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2015, 10:44 PM
Thanks Gab,

A good time was had by all smile.gif too much wine though blink.gif

Ok, I've learnt a couple more bars of the Rock/Pop solo. I think I'll wait until I've got all of the notes under my fingers before I put another video of it up, (Only the last three bars to do and they're not very easy smile.gif ), Then I'll post a video and we can work on polishing it for the REC zone. Is this ok with you?

Tomorrow I'll work on the power chord shifting and maybe the rock pop solo too.

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2015, 03:06 PM
Instructor
hehehe good wine? Which ones? smile.gif

The plan sounds good, I'll wait for the videos.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2015, 03:09 PM
A nice Pinot Noir, I did steal some of my wife's Pinot Grigio when she wasn't looking too smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2015, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Cool! If you ever have the possibility of trying some Argentinian wines, go for it! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 28 2015, 10:46 PM
Will do, thanks.

Ok, been in London most of today, just got back, had a go at the rock pop solo, the last two bars (I dont count the very last one as it's just a double stop smile.gif ) are proving a little tricky, I should get them down tomorrow night though. Broke my first ever string last night, I was playing the high E bending section at around bar 14, it broke at the ball end. Never broken a string playing before laugh.gif Then I discovered I had no spares mad.gif Having to swap to my strat.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2015, 04:36 PM
Instructor
So congrats on your first broken string! biggrin.gif It's good to see you working hard and focused. Please take your time to work on the licks that are giving more problems, try to find out what's exactly the tricky part and if it's necessary create variations of the licks and use them as alternative exercises.

I'll wait for your new video with the strat! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 1 2015, 09:44 PM
Sorry Gab,

I know I said I would get something to you tonight but I had to do some "end of month" production figures for work. February always throws me out of sync with 28 days rolleyes.gif

Tomorrow hopefully.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 1 2015, 10:14 PM
This is the killer lick for me at the moment. I think it is the sequence that feels unnatural, that's all. Don't worry, it won't beat me I just can't seem to get the note sequence in my head and my fingers want to go somewhere else laugh.gif

-------5------5---8p-7p-5---5-------|
-----5---5-8----5---------8---8p-5--|
--7b-------------------------------7h-|
----------------------------------------|

And I'm sure the next bar will be just as demanding.

|-------------------------5--------------|
|-----------------------5---8p-5--------|
|--5s-4----------5--7b-----------7b---|
|-------5---5h-7------------------------|
|---------7-------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------|

One other problem is I get so tied up with this, it has that "one more try" element to it and I end up running out of time and not practising the power chord lesson rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2015, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Well, this kind of licks are classics for blues and rock so it would be good to practice them. The tricky part is that they use not many notes on each string and this requires a good control of crossing strings. This exercises are cool to detect which type of licks give problems and work on it: LINK.

About the practice time, try to be more organized with it, if it's possible respect the blocks or practice. However, sometimes some flexibility based on motivation is acceptable so don't feel bad about it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2015, 10:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 2 2015, 01:28 PM) *
if it's possible respect the blocks or practice. However, sometimes some flexibility based on motivation is acceptable so don't feel bad about it. wink.gif

Thanks Gab,

Please explain the bit above, I don't really know what you mean unsure.gif Sorry

OK for some reason I'm still struggling to remember those two bars that I put the tab for. Don't know why but they just aren't getting into my head. I've recorded the piece up to that point for you to listen to, I wanted to get something to you. I notice that my bends aren't very accurate, I don't notice it when playing as much as I do when listening. What can I do to improve this? Also I find the bends on the high E string quite tricky, it may be the neck on this crappy Chinese strat, the neck on the Peavey tele is one of the best I've played and it is only a budget guitar. I'm thinking about getting this in the next couple of weeks, what do you think? The humbuckers are coil tapped so it should still get some of that Strat tone. http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_gui...=14121915441458

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rock-pop-solo-02032015

Tomorrow I will give this a rest and go back to the powerchord lesson. I did the same tonight, I just keep trying to get this lesson right and keep having "just one last go" rolleyes.gif Then the time is gone blink.gif I think I need to set an alarm after half time to make me switch lessons laugh.gif

Thanks Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2015, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I was meaning that if possible you should follow the schedule of practice to cover both lessons each days. But then, I said that sometimes this can be less strict, and be based mostly on your motivation. Does it make sense?

About your take, it's true, the main thing to improve is your bending technique. I've learnt this exercise from an old Joe Satriani video, but here Ben explains it even clearly:

I think that it's the best exercise to improve the pitch of your bending technique. Practice this diary and your bending will become better and better.

About the guitar, nice choice! I love that combination of colours. If you like Strats, this is a good one, but I recommend you to check the one that you'll buy before buying it. Try it, play it and see how it feels in you hand. It's fundamental.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 3 2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks Gab,

Apart from the bends how do you think the rest is coming along?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2015, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Apart from the bends I think that the lesson is evolving really good. There are little moments with timing problems and appears mostly when you play 16th notes. And off course, always having in mind to improve dynamics and vibrato. Bu honestly them main issue appears with bends, you even loss a bit timing when they are coming...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 3 2015, 10:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 3 2015, 01:26 PM) *
Hi Phil, I was meaning that if possible you should follow the schedule of practice to cover both lessons each days. But then, I said that sometimes this can be less strict, and be based mostly on your motivation. Does it make sense?

Thanks Gab.

Yes it makes perfect sense.

I've only had chance to have a go at Ben's bending lesson tonight sad.gif I'll use that as a warm up each day I think. I picked up some new strings today and spent 2 hours talking with the shop owner and two other blokes, ooops rolleyes.gif , it was all interesting though.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Cool! Please keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2015, 09:48 PM
Midweek meal with wife tonight, much wine cool.gif

Gave that bending lesson a good try, I will definitely use that for ten minutes every day picking a different string/note and do semi tone and whole tone bends. It really does seem to help and I've only tried it once. I find it useful to have a tuner running. I don't use it to get to pitch but I do use it to check if I am correct when I think I am at pitch. Sometimes sharp, sometimes flat, sometimes very very close.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 5 2015, 09:31 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2015, 02:07 PM
Instructor
That's a cool trick to check the pitch of your bending in real time, good idea! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 6 2015, 10:38 PM
Hello Gab,

15 minutes string bending exercise.
30 minutes playing the power chord lesson along at 50% with GP6
30 minutes on the rock pop solo.

I am really struggling to remember everything for some reason. What I do remember I've forgotten by the next day. I'm hoping it will suddenly lock into place, I think it's because I have so much going on at work lately blink.gif My brain needs a defrag unsure.gif

For some strange reason I was -20 to -30 cents on the high E string but as I worked across the neck, the thicker the strings were the more accurate my bends were, then, when I went back to the high E I was -20 to -30 cents out again. My method is this. Play the note three times then look at the tuner (if I'm not sure of the note) close my eyes, play the note again, move down a fret and bend until I think it is correct then open eyes and check tuner. I repeat this two frets down also.

I think this is a good way of ear training and also to gradually learn the notes on the neck.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

Gab,

I am away form home this weekend. I need a travel guitar rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:08 PM