Head To A Normal Amp
Mataal
Dec 27 2015, 10:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey, I've a Roland Cube 40 amplifier which is enough to play at home but for gigs I need a head since the cabinets are always in there.
I know I can connect headphone to the head to ear but would be nice to hear some sound at home at least to play until getting the sound I want, is it possible to connect both?

I'm thinking on this head: https://www.thomann.de/pt/randall_rg_1503_head.htm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2015, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi friend, that's a very nice combo amp. I've been checking specs and it seems that it includes and aux in input. Maybe you could try connecting the rec or headphones output of the other amp (head amp) to it. However be sure that your amp head can be turned on and used without being connected to a cabinet.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2015, 10:35 AM
Instructor
This particular Randall model is fully solid state so you can use it without a cabinet connection as well...like mentioned headphone out only. There is one problem though. There is no information about the type of singal you get from both headphones and line out - if it's without a cabinet simulation, you'll need to use additional device to simulate sound of caibnet. Otherwise the tone will be more than harsh.

There is one more solution. You can connect the head to a PC audio input or interface input (if you have one) and play at home through DAW monitor option with cabinet impulse responses loaded on the guitar track. This way your PC will act like a cabinet simulation.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:57 AM