Reaper Questions
Phil66
Jan 13 2016, 10:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone,

What are the 4 peak meters within the master VU for?

Why does my Master UV peak (red light) when none of my channels have?

Thank you smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 13 2016, 11:19 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2016, 09:29 PM) *
Hello everyone,

What are the 4 peak meters within the master VU for?

Why does my Master UV peak (red light) when none of my channels have?

Thank you smile.gif

The 2 green ones in the middle are the left and right levels, if mono (like only guitar from 1 input) then they'll act the same.

The yellow ones on the corners are RMS, they sort of help understand the overall loudness of the track as more of a mastering thing. Not really useful for a majority of users.

if you want; click "view from upper menu, select "floating mixer master" right click on the master track then select peak only.

As for the clipping, it can clip when you power the amp,plug guitar...once clipped it keeps showing that. Also, lets say you have 2 tracks and none of them clips on the track meters...as they combine on the output (master) clipping may occur, if you use only 2-3 channels on the mixer its better to decrease the same on each channel rather than only decreasing from the master channel.

When you right click the channels meter it opens a box that quickly lets you type the gain you want to drop or add, to decrease just type for example "-2" on each channel. Much easier than using the mouse and try sliding the faders the same on each channel.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 13 2016, 11:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2016, 11:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 13 2016, 10:19 PM) *
The 2 green ones in the middle are the left and right levels, if mono (like only guitar from 1 input) then they'll act the same.

The yellow ones on the corners are RMS, they sort of help understand the overall loudness of the track as more of a mastering thing. Not really useful for a majority of users.

if you want; click "view from upper menu, select "floating mixer master" right click on the master track then select peak only.

As for the clipping, it can clip when you power the amp,plug guitar...once clipped it keeps showing that. Also, lets say you have 2 tracks and none of them clips on the track meters...as they combine on the output (master) clipping may occur, if you use only 2-3 channels on the mixer its better to decrease the same on each channel rather than only decreasing from the master channel.

When you right click the channels meter it opens a box that quickly lets you type the gain you want to drop or add, to decrease just type for example "-2" on each channel. Much easier than using the mouse and try sliding the faders the same on each channel.

Thanks Mertay,
You are a star. I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying but it has given me some clues. Thank you
Phil

P.S. check the gas what next update when you get a minute wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 13 2016, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
No problem, if you need me to openup anything I wrote let me know as besides some language barrier I type too fast sometimes biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:47 AM