> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mossroller's Technique Training, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Mossroller's! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread! smile.gif

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

I'll will post here what you sent me via PM. Please post some videos of you playing.

"Some other things that I'm doing or want to do:
-for warm-up, Alex Feather's Hands Workout.
-lesson (level 2), Slow Blues in A-minor by Laszlo Boross.
-Ben's Lazy Rock Collaboration (came up with a little something, but running out of time). I don't know if it's any good
or if I can even play it at full speed.
-I would like to start learning some songs in full
-at some point learning improvisation

So maybe I am ready to join Gab's Army. Ok, if you accept me in your army, i'll give it my best shot.

Here is a little about me that I wrote in one of Ben's forum posts:
Since I'm in the 40's club, I guess I'm old school rock. My favorite band growing up was Deep Purple. And I liked
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, etc...
And being raised mostly in Mississippi, I also enjoyed Southern Rock and of course The Blues.
I did live in Spain during the mid 80's for a while, and had some good friends in Punk bands. From them I learned to appreciate and enjoy the Dead Kennedys, Ramones, etc... Nowadays I like a diverse range of music from Opeth to Them Crooked Vultures to some of the old geezers new stuff like the latest from Robin trower.

Since I was young, I always wanted to play guitar. I pretty much always had a guitar around, but never could devote much time to it. About 13 years ago, I started taking lessons for 6 months and then lost my job and had to quite because of the lack of funds. So here I am now ready to finally pursue this life-long dream of mine. It's a life-style change and I'm going for it. Also would like to say this site has really impressed me with the positive, friendly, and inspirational vibe that it has."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 1 2012, 07:15 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gabriel,
Here is the video of the one and only REC I've done:

These next 2 videos are from Ben's Bushido Course:

Within the next couple days, I'll record the Slow Blues In A Minor lesson and upload it here first.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 2 2012, 02:33 AM
Ok this is the lesson I started on for my next REC:
Slow Blues In A Minor by Lazlo Boross (link to lesson)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I checked every video, so now I have a good idea about your playing and the things that we should work. I noted that your timing is good, but that your technique could be taken to a new level just with some diary practice. A good technique routine is what you need to have. This routine could be a mix of exercises and musical lessons. At the same time we could choose one song to work learn. I can guide you with it and give you exercises to be able to master the tricky parts.

These lessons could be played perfectly if you improve your bending, and make your vibrato technique more consistent. I also noticed that your alternate picking technique starts to give you problem when you play faster parts.

How is your diary routine? How many hours do you play? Every day?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 3 2012, 03:58 PM
Hello Gab,

How is your diary routine?

I start off with a little warm-up/stretching.
Then I've been working on a Bushido Task (starting today this one: String Bending )
After that I try to work on something for the REC or work on learning a song.
Depending on available time in a day, I'll then come back and work on one of the three things above (usually Bushido though,
since it has a deadline).

How many hours do you play?

Currently I have some extra free time available so I try to get at least 4 hours of guitar related practice in.

Every day?

Yes (with some rare exceptions)

At the same time we could choose one song to work learn.

The only song I ever learned all the way through was Smoke On The Water (I know, very cliche)
but I could only play the solo at 80% speed. So maybe now i can learn to play it properly and up to speed?
But I'll leave that judgment up to you. I'm in no hurry, as long as I'm playing everyday and improving.

Thanks once again for mentoring and have a good day.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2012, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Ok, as you are already working on lessons for the Bushido Program, let's start this week with this exercises to improve your techniquein order to get more precision and speed when you are playing.

LESSON #1 – WARMING UP & ENDURANCE

LESSON #3 – RIGHT HAND / ALTERNATE PICKING

Let's work on this ones and please post a video playing the exercises in some days to let me give you some feedback.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 6 2012, 05:48 AM
Sounds great. I'll start practicing those first thing tomorrow morning.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2012, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MossRoller @ May 6 2012, 01:48 AM) *
Sounds great. I'll start practicing those first thing tomorrow morning.

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 10 2012, 03:45 PM
Hello Gab,
I've been practicing everyday.
This video will be from ITC1 Warm-up Exercise 1.
I start with this exercise, beginning at 80 bpm and currently going up to 115 bpm (where it starts getting too sloppy).
I do every set of 4 strings (not including string skipping).
This take was done at 105 bpm.

More videos to come soon.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2012, 09:05 PM
Instructor
Good take man! It sounds very good and the timing is perfect. I'll wait for the next videos! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 11 2012, 08:47 PM
OK, on to ITC#1 7 exercises for endurance.
I knew from the Bushido tasks that legato is very difficult for me.
These will be great exercises to have in my daily warm-up.

I assume you want me to loop the pattern on the same string.
Sometimes I would change the string after every 2 measures.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't hurt your ears!
This take was at 80 bpm.

And a video showing current status on ITC3 will be posted in a day or two.
Have a good day.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2012, 09:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Mossroller! You are on the right track on these ones. I have just two comments. The first one is that you should avoid using your pick, you should get all the notes rings just using your left hand. The second comments is to concentrate on getting the same volume for each note. I'll wait for the next videos!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
May 15 2012, 01:45 AM
ITC#3 Exercises. Both exercises on the one video.

Wasted Years Intro @ 105 bpm. I start to lose timing when I go faster.

Currently using A Minor scale at the 5th fret and using the 3 patterns @ 85 bpm.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
You are on the right track man! Your timing is good and your right hand motion is perfect! I wonder if you are using the palm of your right hand to mute the strings and that's why it sounds like Al Di Meola. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Jun 6 2012, 12:11 AM
Hello Gab,
I'm still here and have been practicing those lessons you gave me on a daily basis.

I also recorded your second John Frusciante Lesson and was wondering whether to post
it in this thread first or go ahead and post it in the REC Forum.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2012, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MossRoller @ Jun 5 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Hello Gab,
I'm still here and have been practicing those lessons you gave me on a daily basis.

I also recorded your second John Frusciante Lesson and was wondering whether to post
it in this thread first or go ahead and post it in the REC Forum.

Cool man! You can post it in both places at the same time.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Jun 7 2012, 11:47 PM
Ok here's my Frusciante Lesson 2 take.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2012, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! The take is very good! The first problem that I note is that your guitar is a bit out of tune. Besides that there are some bends that are a bit insecure (but maybe it's because of the tuning issue). Your timing and vibrato are really good! I'll grade this take at the REC with a 8. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Dec 16 2012, 02:20 AM
Hi, I'm back with some extra time again.

I still warm-up daily with a couple of your exercises.
I've been working on your Open Chords Rock Rhythm lesson.

This is a take at 90% speed. And was wondering if it's heading in the right direction.
If you have any suggestions on the tone, I'd like to hear about that also.
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 16 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's great to see you back and working! The lesson is going very well, there is nothing to fix on this one regarding your playing. The only thing that I could comment is that your guitar is a bit out of tune, so remember to check out it. I think that the tone is good for this style, you would just add a bit of presence or treble but nothing very serious.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:41 AM