Do You Think This Amp Is Worth $20?
Praetorian
Jun 6 2008, 11:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
It is pretty close to me, and I was thinking about picking it up. What do you think of it?

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/651740771.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
ItsMe
Jun 6 2008, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
I have one of this amps for 16 years now. Didn't use it in a while but it is a real good practice workhorse. Good clean sounds and some pretty ok gain. The reverb sounds good too. But it's not a stereo amp. For practicing really ok but not really suited for rocking a club.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 7 2008, 01:19 AM
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Jun 6 2008, 06:41 PM) *
I have one of this amps for 16 years now. Didn't use it in a while but it is a real good practice workhorse. Good clean sounds and some pretty ok gain. The reverb sounds good too. But it's not a stereo amp. For practicing really ok but not really suited for rocking a club.

I definitely won't be performing with it! I am just looking for something small and something that can get a good sound without being cranked up too loud. I need it to play in my house, and not bother my wife and 3 little ones!

One more thing...what makes an amp a "stereo" amp? I don't know what that means.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 7 2008, 02:32 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 7 2008, 02:19 AM) *
I definitely won't be performing with it! I am just looking for something small and something that can get a good sound without being cranked up too loud. I need it to play in my house, and not bother my wife and 3 little ones!

One more thing...what makes an amp a "stereo" amp? I don't know what that means.

Well, if an amp has two speakers it's stereo.

My Vox has two 12" speakers, so that makes it a stereo amp.
they also sell a cheaper one with one 12" speaker, which makes that a mono amp if you will smile.gif

Hope this helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jun 7 2008, 02:36 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 6 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Well, if an amp has two speakers it's stereo.

My Vox has two 12" speakers, so that makes it a stereo amp.
they also sell a cheaper one with one 12" speaker, which makes that a mono amp if you will smile.gif

Hope this helps smile.gif

Actually it wouldn't really be considered stereo unless you could send and independent left and right signal to the left and right speakers respectively. so you can have like effects like delay that ping pong back and forth between left and right. 2x12 is usually just mono with 2 speakers instead of one. just my 2 cents.. wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 7 2008, 02:41 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jun 7 2008, 03:36 AM) *
Actually it wouldn't really be considered stereo unless you could send and independent left and right signal to the left and right speakers respectively. so you can have like effects like delay that ping pong back and forth between left and right. 2x12 is usually just mono with 2 speakers instead of one. just my 2 cents.. wink.gif

Yikes, you're right, I forgot about that biggrin.gif
Thanks mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 7 2008, 03:20 PM
Instructor
I think that post expired out unsure.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 7 2008, 09:19 PM
Here is the original ad...

Crate Practice Amp - $20 (Saratoga Springs )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-04-22, 10:40AM EDT

This is a cool sterio practice amp. I have had it for a while, but really have no use for it now that I'm moving. I works fine and sounds good.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 7 2008, 09:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well if you can try it , 20$ is very cheap if it does the job smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 AM