Difference In Tone From Different Woods.
Ajmurrell
Sep 16 2008, 02:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

Thought you might find this video interesting if you ever wondered what a demo of side by side guitars with different woods sounded like smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUSEJR6wG74

Another site I found that talks about different tonal qualities in woods in more detail - http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Sep 16 2008, 07:40 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 16 2008, 02:15 AM
Instructor
I didn't really hear extreme difference from this video but of course the sound quality depends on wood.

I know one thing for sure. When I play a paid gig in a local pub I make the same money with a £100 and with a £1000 guitar smile.gif

I think the middle one (614) would do a good job anywhere. No point spending more money.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Sep 16 2008, 02:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
To be honest I didn't hear that big a difference either, just thought it was interesting.

I've played a couple of ovation guitars, just for the hell of it, and I didn't quite understand what you'd be paying for sound wise.

I have an old cheap fender acoustic my mother bought when she wanted to learn. Nothing I've ever played is as nice to me smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 16 2008, 12:37 PM
Instructor
Interesting video, thanks for sharing! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 16 2008, 01:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
That was cool, thanks!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 16 2008, 02:31 PM
Singing Instructor
All tree guitars sounds great,although the difference is not that huge,I am shore when studio is in question,the difference would be a bit bigger.And the character of each one of them would came out.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 16 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
I like precision A/B tests, specially on wood. It is hard to to them, unless you own a store with a lot of guitars of the same brand, so you can compare different models with the same configurations, except one has maple fretboad, other rosewood etc. Thanks for sharing the video it is interesting.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:49 PM