Bbe Products
fkalich
Apr 22 2010, 05:31 AM
GMC:er
Anyone had any of these? This electronics company has been around awhile, Japanese I think. Recently it has moved into effects, and from what I have seen, they are pretty generally well received.

Two have interested me, and I am buying them. I have never been happy with my Crybaby Wah. I always found it a bit harsh. I have been impressed with youtube demos comparing the BBE wah to others such as the Crybaby. As you see, Guitar Player picked it as top Wah last year.

http://www.bbesound.com/news/articles/GuitarPlayer-Wah.pdf

The other BBE effect I am purchasing is the BBE Sonic Stomp Maximizer. Most sell this for $100, and the Wah for $150, but Amazon and some others have them cheaper. I guess they are trying to get some market penetration and allowing this. However the only dealer undercutting prices that is authorized by BBE is Amazon. So only with Amazon can you count on the 5 year warranty (which unlike Boss, covers both parts and labor). I guess Amazon just gets away with a lot that others do not, because of it's weight. If you read reviews on Amazon, you get the idea about the Maximizer. I have listened to a number of youtube demos, and really, you just make your tone sound better. Guys just find the right settings and leave it on all the time. One described it as on a stereo, when you press the bass boost button on your stereo. Based on youtube demos, I think that is a good analogy. Here are the Amazon Reviews. I don't think you beat Amazon for good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AKSUP...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Anyway, I am off to order these two. It got me off my butt to put my Crybaby with Fed Fasel, my Boss PS-5, and my modified Valve Junior with Attenuator on sale on Ebay. I am acting like my own wife.."honey, you don't buy anything new, till you sale something".

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 22 2010, 05:34 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:30 PM