New Guitar!!!!, Means new question :p
RIP Dime
Dec 2 2006, 05:14 AM
GMC:er
First of all, great guitar!!!! It's a Dean Vendetta 4.0F, I love Dean guitars!!! It's got a neck-thru construction, Maple/Walnut neck, Mahogany wings(body), licensed Floyd rose trem, 24 frets, Grover tuners, and Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups. And the thing plays awesome, the seemless neck joint means playing on the high frets is no problem, the neck is thin and fast, with smooth sustain, and mahogany body means thick, articulate tone.
Witch leads to the question, yes a floating trem question wacko.gif , I got the intonation good, the trem is level with the body, but the gauge I usually use is 10's to 52's, now that's kinda much for a floating trem, so I was thinking I should go thin and use 9-42 or 9.5-44. So my question is this: Is it easier on the trem if I use smaller strings? Like, is the trem more stable?
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:26 AM