Distortion Pedals For Bass, ideas?
FretDancer69
Jul 26 2007, 08:03 AM
GMC:er
Hello, me and my band are currently working on some Metallica covers wich include The Call of Ktulu and Orion. Both highly known for great bass leads and fills.

My bass player is getting a brand new bass soon, and we would like to have a similar sound to Cliff Burton's (R.I.P) which is mostly Distortion + Wah.

So i was wondering if the pedals used for Bass are the same for guitar, or there special Bass Distortion Pedals? And if so, could you guys recommend some good pedals that are not too expensive?

Id also like some good wah pedal suggestions for bass that are not very expensive.

Thanks alot. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 26 2007, 08:04 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 26 2007, 09:40 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
There are certain bass pedals aswell as bass multieffects.

The cheapest and most platic ones come from Behringer. The effects inside the cleap plastic covers are good, and they should be; I guess some/many/all are rip off's of "real" pedals.

That should be the most cost effective pedals. They are just not very solid.

I've got an EQ pedal from Behringer and it's a hassle everytime it's time for a battery change. They used Digitechs solution to open the cover but even the knobs you press to open are plastic and don't have any smoothness to them so that bothers me every time. But for the money spent, sure, I could put up with it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 26 2007, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 27 2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks, can you guys name some in particular? please. thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 28 2007, 12:09 AM
The Big Muff offcourse... tongue.gif

Now you have several versions of the Muff on the market as we speak, but the one would (I think) be perfect for you is the russian (Sovtek) version. This is the effect that Cliff Burton (R.I.P.) used while recording 'Pulling Teeth'. The Big Muff was originally intended as a guitareffect, but specially the russian makes a great bass effect as well. Now there is one downside, which is that the model I refer to is no longer in production. On the other side however, you can get it cheap on ebay with a little searching.

I hope that helped a bit... I'm not a bassplayer myself, but I know a friend of mine is, and he recommended this pedal to me.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Mer-V: Jul 28 2007, 12:11 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 28 2007, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (Mer-V @ Jul 27 2007, 05:09 PM) *
The Big Muff offcourse... tongue.gif

Now you have several versions of the Muff on the market as we speak, but the one would (I think) be perfect for you is the russian (Sovtek) version. This is the effect that Cliff Burton (R.I.P.) used while recording 'Pulling Teeth'. The Big Muff was originally intended as a guitareffect, but specially the russian makes a great bass effect as well. Now there is one downside, which is that the model I refer to is no longer in production. On the other side however, you can get it cheap on ebay with a little searching.

I hope that helped a bit... I'm not a bassplayer myself, but I know a friend of mine is, and he recommended this pedal to me.

Cheers.

thanks alot man, ill search for it on ebay.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:17 PM