5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
What Song Would You Like Played At Your Funeral?
Hemlok
Jul 16 2007, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
What Song Would You Like Played At Your Funeral?

For me probably Jeff Buckley - Satisfied Mind.

This isn't too bad a question is it? Have you ever thought about it?

***This topic is not intended to offend anyone, if you are easily offended, or touchy about discussions about death leave now.***

- Hemlok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 16 2007, 07:53 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Jul 16 2007, 12:56 AM
SAD BUT TRUE by METALLICA the greatest band ever!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 16 2007, 12:57 AM
never thought about it...But i think mine would be:

The Call of Ktulu by Metallica

METALLICA the greatest band ever!

Amen to that!;)

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jul 16 2007, 12:58 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 16 2007, 12:58 AM
Ahhh that would have to be Gorgoroth - Begravelsesnatt. (Means Funeralnight)

Freakin good song by a freak good band.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 16 2007, 01:01 AM
Interesting replies, it seems everyone's family and friends are gonna be headbanging

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 16 2007, 07:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 01:03 AM
Swinging The Dead - DevilDriver

I cant think of anything else more thoroughly inappropriate.

Haha, or

Damageplan - F**k you.

or possibly :

Souldrainer - First Row In Hell

and even though I hate Lordi with a passion:

Lordi - The Night Of The Living Dead

laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 16 2007, 01:05 AM
I like that song Swinging the Dead, but yeah certainly inappropriate.

- Hemlok

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 16 2007, 07:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 16 2007, 01:09 AM
Probably Free Bird.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 01:10 AM
Machine Head - I'm Your God Now

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal

Panzerchrist - Weep No More

Haha, just surfing through my playlists, theres so much to choose from, ah the irony of most of them too. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 16 2007, 01:25 AM
The Dark Canuck
I want the Dark Island played on bagpipes at my funeral. ( it's a traditional bagpipe standard)

But for shear badness "Highway to Hell" maybe appropriate... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Jul 16 2007, 01:29 AM
I agree with slammer, free bird or stairway to heaven...cuz u now im a good guy...*inhales and brushes off shoulder* tongue.gif

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 16 2007, 01:32 AM
Instructor
What the hell are you guys talking about??? Funeral?? You gotta be all frikin' crazy!!!!!

First of all - NEVER think of death!

Second thing - your musical preferences will change 3458293 times by the time it comes the moment for you to leave this world!

And unfortunately we are not allowed to swear so i'll just say: shut the ***** up about funeral!!

THIS IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 16 2007, 01:36 AM
Well I'm not thinking of Death... I was just Answering the Question smile.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 16 2007, 01:53 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 16 2007, 01:32 AM) *
What the hell are you guys talking about??? Funeral?? You gotta be all frikin' crazy!!!!!

Second thing - your musical preferences will change 3458293 times by the time it comes the moment for you to leave this world!

And unfortunately we are not allowed to swear so i'll just say: shut the ***** up about funeral!!

Relax, talking about death isn't taboo, it's a well discussed topic of conversation and we're only imagining what we would or could do, we're all going to die at some point so its no big deal yes?

Sure our music preferences will obviously change, but its funny to position yourself in your head as to what you would do now, and anyway, once your dead, do you really care about what songs playing? laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
timbo81
Jul 16 2007, 01:59 AM
rubina - joe satriani

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Jul 16 2007, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 15 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Hahaha, Pavel, is there something you wanna share with the rest of us? I'm no shrink, but man, there has to be some sort of pathology worth delving in too wink.gif.

Firstly, I don't know about you, but my musical tastes will change 3458294 times, so your wrong there. tongue.gif

Secondly, ***** is one too many *. tongue.gif

Yes, I'm teasing, so if I hit a nerve, I apologize up front. Your phobia just hit my funny bone smile.gif

Boris

PS For me, it would definitely have to be Ozzy's Mr. Crowley. In my opinion the best guitar solos ever composed.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 16 2007, 02:07 AM
Instructor
First of all - i don't care about number of ********** in that word! You know what word it is! smile.gif

Second - you'll see your song preference will change until than, if not the whole style! A year ago i was sure Vai is my all time favorite! Now he is not any more!!

And third: 17-20 years old kids talking about death is totally stupid! I wonder what kind of thoughts drove to topic like this... i mean - funeral?? WTF??

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 16 2007, 02:11 AM
I would say comfortably numb by pink floyd to be on the more mellow side
or fade to black metallica

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Jul 16 2007, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 15 2007, 09:07 PM) *
First of all - i don't care about number of ********** in that word! You know what word it is! smile.gif

Second - you'll see your song preference will change until than, if not the whole style! A year ago i was sure Vai is my all time favorite! Now he is not any more!!

And third: 17-20 years old kids talking about death is totally stupid! I wonder what kind of thoughts drove to topic like this... i mean - funeral?? WTF??

Touchy? Testy? All of the above? I mean WTF is right. Its bad enough we have language police around here, whats next, thought censorship? You are more then free not to partake in the conversation, but dictating the topics, is going a bit far. TURN THE DIAL, if you don't like it.

GMC is quickly becoming a total bummer sad.gif

Boris

Still think your a great guitar player, though wink.gif

QUOTE (shredmandan @ Jul 15 2007, 09:11 PM) *
I would say comfortably numb by pink floyd to be on the more mellow side
or fade to black metallica

That would be my second choice! Great song! smile.gif

Boris

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 16 2007, 02:14 AM
Instructor
I mean come on - there are millions of topics to talk about - and you pick FUNERAL!

btw. GMC has nothing to do with this topic! So what did this have to mean: "GMC is quickly becoming a total bummer" ??

GMC is the best place in the internet! And it will stay like that! It is also the only really polite place - swear-free place!

Oh, right, i don't have a dial on my phone - buttons only! wink.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 16 2007, 02:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:50 PM