Serj Tankian, SOAD goes solo...
fire
Aug 18 2008, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
hey - what do you think about his solo album "elect the dead" ?

discuss!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 18 2008, 05:37 PM
GMC Founder
I think it's a good one - even fantastic considering he's done everything by himself. There are some strong tunes on it for sure.

However, I do think System's arrangements were more powerful and elaborate though! But that's just the way it should be - let's hope he goes go back to system after this!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 18 2008, 10:11 PM
Singing Instructor
I expected more from my voice and face look a like smile.gif.I tough that he would go a bit more far a way from SOAD,and do some thing a bit different.Songs are not bad,but as Kris sad,SOAD sounds better.:)IMO

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
erik
Aug 23 2008, 11:39 AM
bleh.. I saw him live and I didn't like it. First of all, his voice sounds horrible when he tries to sing that extremely high pitched voice. Secondly the songs sound like a band of 13 year-olds trying to make SOAD songs. It sounds just like SOAD, only it's much worse.

I didn't really like SOAD that much either, but this is just plain horrible.

+Quote Post
jabond23
Aug 27 2008, 05:25 PM
I think Serj has done pretty well for himself, especially considering he plays almost all the instruments. And when it comes to SOAD i think he most of the say when it came to writing the songs because once the guitarist, daron i think his name is, starting contributing more it kinda went downhill. i didn't like hearing him sing songs by himself. it kinda reminds me of how scrappy doo ruined scooby doo back in the day, lol. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:37 AM