4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Waiting For A Date
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 01:20 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Aarggh @ Feb 14 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Lately I've been wanting to find a woman to love and settle down and have a family. It all started when I turned 25 (or shortly thereafter). I've had one serious relationship and that ended 3.5 years ago. It actually ended way before that but we still tried. Anyways I want to have a family and be a daddy. I'm working my way through University so I will have some sort of degree. I hope to get my Masters at least. Need top pull my grades up for that....

So I met this woman at the pub. She is friends with a lot of people I know. So many that we were both shocked we hadn't met before. So anyways I was spending the night flirting with one of her friends but I couldn't get her off my mind and I didn't know if she was there with anyone or not. So the night goes on and her and her friends get ready to leave and she's a bit tardy and as she's going I call out to her "Hey" and she turned and looked back and me and she was so beautiful I couldn't say anything and we just looked at each other for what felt like eternity but in actuality was probably about a minute or two. I vowed I would get her to go on a date with me no matter what it took. I guess what it's taking is patience. I saw her once more after that - same pub. She was having a get together with her ex co-workers and friends (she called it "A Night About Me"), she came up and gave me a great big hug. I was kinda nervous about joining a table of a bunch of people I don't know. I can get quite shy. So I put on my best smile, walked up, and realized I knew someone sitting there. So I sat down and chatted with her. Then when the girl who's party it was (the girl I came to see) saw me she ran up smiling and gave me a great big hug and I blushed and she had her hand in the small of my back and I blushed some more. So after that night I got a hold of her through Facebook and said I wanted to call her some time but I'd need her number. So she gave me her number and I called and we set up the date that she missed. Then she got a hold of me and apologized profusely and said that we were still going to do something only we just might have to do it at her house, assuming I forgave her for missing the date. So I said "Of course I forgive you. It's not every day that I meet a beautiful woman." Anyway this is more of a background to my story of being stood up on a date.

Cool. Well best of look man. I'm not saying having a girlfriend is bad. But I'm alright for a while yet biggrin.gif I wanted to get uni out of the way first. Especially now I'm doing my Doctorate in Systems Engineering after graduating with a Masters in Engineering.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 14 2008, 01:21 AM
Learning Roadie
But hey man... you go to her place next biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 14 2008, 01:25 AM
You should turn up late on the next one, apart from the fact that it would equal out the score a bit, you're a man! You have plenty other things to do! Like buy/play guitar! wink.gif

Nah, but its a bit of an old trick that one tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Aarggh
Feb 14 2008, 01:27 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 13 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Cool. Well best of look man. I'm not saying having a girlfriend is bad. But I'm alright for a while yet biggrin.gif I wanted to get uni out of the way first. Especially now I'm doing my Doctorate in Systems Engineering after graduating with a Masters in Engineering.

That's awesome you are getting your doctorate. I entered post-secondary late but I found my path and I love it. ANother problem is working and going to school I can only take so many courses and I do not want to graduate owing the government $50,000 without a foresee-able career. Which is also why I want my Masters degree - so I can be a step ahead of everyone with a B.A.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 01:31 AM
QUOTE (Aarggh @ Feb 14 2008, 12:27 AM) *
That's awesome you are getting your doctorate. I entered post-secondary late but I found my path and I love it. ANother problem is working and going to school I can only take so many courses and I do not want to graduate owing the government $50,000 without a foresee-able career. Which is also why I want my Masters degree - so I can be a step ahead of everyone with a B.A.

It's a good attitude to have. I owe in dollars 36000 but after completing my masters for my doctorate I'm being sponsored by BAE Systems so I get about 48000 dollars a year now. You should really get your Masters as it can help you provide for a family in the future and also have a happy life smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 14 2008, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 13 2008, 05:49 PM) *
Yeah buddy, same story here smile.gif

Fretdancer69: i don't know if it's smile.gif or sad.gif I think each of the situations has it's pros and cons smile.gif

yeah i know, the pros is that i can dedicate more time and money to music and guitar. But the cons is that i've been wanting one for a while, actually its been a while since i had one... sad.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 14 2008, 02:15 AM
Instructor
hmmmm, I don't think a women would be mad if you don't have any money. That would be terrible...although there are cases... laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 14 2008, 01:15 AM) *
hmmmm, I don't think a women would be mad if you don't have any money. That would be terrible...although there are cases... laugh.gif

Women are mad if you have money and if you haven't got any money biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Feb 14 2008, 09:02 AM
I want a girlfriend too, but my wife always objects when I bring it up sad.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 09:07 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 13 2008, 11:19 PM) *
She is over here right now, and she says when you can play every lesson on GMC flawlessly, she will marry you smile.gif

That could take too long sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Feb 14 2008, 09:41 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Feb 14 2008, 09:02 AM) *

LOL laugh.gif ... Reminds me of the 70's ... hippi collective ... we were all brothers and sisters in peace and love and harmony ... do what you love ... those were the days man cool.gif

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 09:52 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well its valentines today!! I hope everyone gets a card..... I know I wont be hey wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 14 2008, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 14 2008, 09:52 AM) *
I know I wont be hey wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Second that laugh.gif laugh.gif Not expecting a card from anyone biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 11:12 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 14 2008, 09:50 AM) *
Second that laugh.gif laugh.gif Not expecting a card from anyone biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Its ok, us non daters/single people get more guitar playing done wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 14 2008, 12:11 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 14 2008, 12:12 PM) *
Its ok, us non daters/single people get more guitar playing done wink.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

Yeah we do smile.gif I think I'm just gonna go to the nearest pub and drink my troubles away biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 14 2008, 12:35 PM
Instructor

Man, I feel your pain laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 14 2008, 01:12 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Feb 14 2008, 11:11 AM) *
Yeah we do smile.gif I think I'm just gonna go to the nearest pub and drink my troubles away biggrin.gif

Do what I do and PLAY your troubles away! biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 14 2008, 02:53 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 14 2008, 02:17 AM) *
Women are mad if you have money and if you haven't got any money biggrin.gif

laugh.gif yep, pretty much so.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 14 2008, 02:53 PM

blink.gif unsure.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 14 2008, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (Aarggh @ Feb 13 2008, 11:50 PM) *
Well she didn't show up

I wouldn't be too worried. Next date is at her house, if she's a no show for that, well... then you have to nag nag nag wink.gif

Hope it works out :-)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:35 AM