3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Announcement: Gmc Community Section
rokchik
May 31 2008, 04:06 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Gmc'ers,

Here it goes folks, my first official announcement since becoming a mod smile.gif To be honest I'm a little choked up, just give me a minute... bites fist... alright I'm good now, just feeling a bit warm and fuzzy inside.

Anyways, I'm not sure if everyone has seen it, but there is a GMC Community section on the main page here. So what is this section you may ask? Well, as our forum is growing so fast, and there is such a vast array of cool things going on, this section is now where GMC content is going to be PUBLISHED. Yes that's right published smile.gif With over 200,000 posts now made on the forum, how awesome is that btw?, there is a lot of things to read through and well some really great stuff may be missed.

As the moderating team is always reading through the forum, we will now be looking out for content that may deserve a bit more focus. Whether it's a popular thread, an awesome wiki, an entertaining practice agenda, one of the amazing SI lessons, pretty much anything that shows just how great the people here are and just how wonderful our content is... as you can see this is not going to be an easy job as there is just so much cool stuff.

Each week a different moderator will be publishing content onto the main page. And to all members, please feel free to PM the Moderator of that week or add the suggestion to this thread if you see something you think should be added to the main page. We will be announcing the Mod of the Week here as well, so I'll announce now that I, rokchik, will the mod for this week smile.gif As stated please add to this thread any suggestions or PM me if you like. We are hoping to publish new articles at the beginning of each day so the section will be updated often. So keep an eye out to the main page GMC'ers as there will be some cool things showcased, and well it may be something you wrote smile.gif

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 31 2008, 04:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sounds like a cool idea. Looking forward to it. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 31 2008, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice! I had noticed that section these past days, it's cool wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
skennington
May 31 2008, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
That will be cool.gif And nice intro Rok!

+Quote Post
Nick325
May 31 2008, 04:29 PM
GMC:er
Cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2008, 06:17 PM
Instructor
Great idea, lots of great info on GMC that can easily be piled up and hidden.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 31 2008, 08:12 PM
The Dark Canuck
Glad you like the idea guys smile.gif

Just an update as well, today's new additions to the main page are Andrew's new blog entry - Acoustic Treatment Planning and also David Wallimann's Smooth Jazz collaboration which included Ballistic 31, Chast, Eddiecat, Hammerin Hank, Iluha, Itsme, Leedbreak, Organised Confusion, Siggum, Skennington, Smells, Tjchep, Zizi Top, and Coffeeman. It's a great collaboration and some great chops shown by our GMC members... not that there was any doubt smile.gif

Congrats guys smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Gus
May 31 2008, 10:08 PM
Nice!

I am impressed how GMC improves every day smile.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 31 2008, 10:36 PM
GMC Founder
This is really exciting Rok - I have always felt that we have so much cool content which never really gets the deserved attention!

Can't wait to see what content you will pick! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
May 31 2008, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This sounds very cool

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 1 2008, 11:12 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Everyone,

Today's content has been published on the main page. The new articles featured are Fran's excellent wiki article on the Cure and Hammerin Hank's great SI lesson "Student Want to be Teach". Check them out if you haven't already as they are really great.

Congrats guys smile.gif and great work.

rok

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 1 2008, 11:14 AM
GMC Founder
Great selection Rok! biggrin.gif (And awesome work by the article/lesson writers!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 1 2008, 11:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Very cool rok lovin it lovin it lovin it lovin it like that!! laugh.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 1 2008, 12:33 PM
Singing Instructor
This is really great idea,great work guys.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 2 2008, 12:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great job Rok , and cool selection of articles ! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 2 2008, 01:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hey! Thanks guys wink.gif I'm proud of my article in the mainpage!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 2 2008, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Great idea, improving every day, that's the reason why this site is the best tongue.gif
Great work as well !!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 2 2008, 01:21 PM
Good stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 2 2008, 01:28 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 2 2008, 09:13 AM) *
Hey! Thanks guys wink.gif I'm proud of my article in the mainpage!

smile.gif it is a really good article Fran.

Today's updates are now on the main page. For today we have The All Instructors Collaboration consisting of well all Instructors smile.gif and is a great showcase of talent from the best instructors around. Also a composition from The Uncreator called In the Sea of Sand, as to be expected from Brett it is pretty epic wink.gif

Amazing stuff everyone and congrats smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 3 2008, 01:12 PM
The Dark Canuck
Today's topics are now published on the main page For today we have an excellent theory lesson done by DeepRoots on Cadences and also a thread by singing instructor Nemanja Filipovic asking who you think is the "Best Singing Professional Guitarist"

Congrats guys smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:15 PM