Referral System, can it be easier?
jdriver
Apr 21 2009, 03:34 AM
GMC:er
I was wondering if maybe on the normal signup page, there could be a box for our referral code, instead of having to give/tell people the long link it currently is now.

You could just tell people about the site and say "enter this code (a1b2c3yourcodehere)" and get a discount.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 21 2009, 03:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Seems reasonable to me. The easier the sign process is the better for all. You don't want customers to get frustrated trying to enter in their friend’s referral information they where given. They may change their mind. Most people make purchases for 3 reasons, because they want it, it's a good deal and on an impulse. Satisfy the impulse and everyone wins.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
seagull
Apr 21 2009, 05:00 AM
Well, actually, I think it's working fine as it is...I've gotten 10 referrals so far, and I haven't put much effort in telling people about it. Seems to me that people understand it. Of course, there will be users who question a specific link and get the idea that the only one benefitting from it is the one they got the link from. But if people are serious about joining, and wanna save $10 on their sign up, I doubt that a "complicated" link is gonna stop them.

Ultimately, they will realize the awesomeness of this site, give hell about discounts and just join. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jdriver
Apr 23 2009, 06:27 AM
I was speaking more about talking to people in person. I've had several of my co-workers get interested when I show them the site, but when I say "write down this link and get a discount," they write down the gmc.net part and leave off the rest.

It should be easy to have it both ways I would think.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 23 2009, 12:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jdriver @ Apr 23 2009, 07:27 AM) *
I was speaking more about talking to people in person. I've had several of my co-workers get interested when I show them the site, but when I say "write down this link and get a discount," they write down the gmc.net part and leave off the rest.

I agree with you Jeff.
There should be some option where new members can type in something like referred by member, and then they put members real name or forum nick name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
seagull
Apr 27 2009, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (jdriver @ Apr 23 2009, 06:27 AM) *

Well thats true, would be convenient. However, GMC is an online tuition resource, and usually people will get the link from the digital world I guess, so copy/paste should be doable? smile.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 23 2009, 07:32 AM) *
I agree with you Jeff.
There should be some option where new members can type in something like referred by member, and then they put members real name or forum nick name.

Yeah, I agree. That would be cool!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
LPR9
Jul 15 2009, 07:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
hi guys,
is my referral code is working ?
some of my friends told me the 10$ discount didn't show up at paypal phase...
help !

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2009, 09:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jdriver @ Apr 21 2009, 04:34 AM) *
I was wondering if maybe on the normal signup page, there could be a box for our referral code, instead of having to give/tell people the long link it currently is now.

You could just tell people about the site and say "enter this code (a1b2c3yourcodehere)" and get a discount.

We have been thinking about this way of doing it - but decided not to go for it.

Some people have had good success with the referral program - and I believe the way they have promoted it is the following:

* Let your friend now about gmc and show them your favorite lessons/instructors. Let them know that if they like they site they shouldn't sign up straight away - instead they should get back to you and you will give them a discount.

This method is not good for spreading out lots of referral codes to everyone - instead it should encourage you to get personal with potential new members. This was what we wanted to achieve when we designed the referrals feature.

QUOTE (LPR9 @ Jul 15 2009, 08:40 PM) *
hi guys,
is my referral code is working ?
some of my friends told me the 10$ discount didn't show up at paypal phase...
help !

Yes the referral link is still working - if you want to verify this visit your own referral link and you will see that the discount is there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 16 2009, 10:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Apr 23 2009, 01:32 PM) *
I agree with you Jeff.

I agree with Pedja, these two options wouldn't hurt, it would be more convenient in different situations possibly.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 18 2009, 11:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
If anyone is still active on this thread, could you please educate me on the $10 discount thing ? I would like to able to somehow advertise for this site among my guitarist-friends, and I would like to know how to give them the $10 discount smile.gif They will be more likely to keep using GMC as a resource to improve their playing if they actually try, so the $10 seems to be a very financially intelligent way to get new members... smile.gif

If anyone is still active on this thread, could you please educate me on the $10 discount thing ? I would like to able to somehow advertise for this site among my guitarist-friends, and I would like to know how to give them the $10 discount smile.gif They will be more likely to keep using GMC as a resource to improve their playing if they actually try, so the $10 seems to be a very financially intelligent way to get new members... smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 19 2009, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Jul 19 2009, 12:19 AM) *

You go down to the bottom of the page and there you will find the members page... There you have a link to the referall page

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jul 23 2009, 09:35 PM
For what it's worth, on the sign up page for Ultimate Guitar, there is a box to enter a username of who told you about the site. That seems the easiest option of all.

I don't even care about any personal benefit to me for the referral, I would just like to round up few locals, and a discount is always appealing. As far as I can tell, I am the only person in my entire state that is a member. And I am not in a position to evangelize as Kris is suggesting.

Just a thought.

--------------------
For some understanding.
Was there ever?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:56 PM