> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Mudbone's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2014, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Mudbone!! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army! Here we will work together on everything needed to help you to become a better musician and to keep you motivated.

At first it would be cool that your share with me all the things that you think I need to know from you to be connected. You can talk about non musical stuff too.

Some specific things that I would like to know:

Name:
Influences:
Diary practice:
Audio or video recording possibility:
Main goals as musician:
Main goals in life:

How many hours per day can you dedicate to guitar?
What do you know about theory?

and please also post some videos of you playing.

Let's start rocking!! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 1 2014, 12:11 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Name: Mudbone (you already know my real name, because we're friends on facebook wink.gif )
k

Playing since: It's hard to give a an actual length of time, because I've been playing on and off for many years. The first time I started playing was when I was 19. I only played for a few months, then gave up. Then did the same thing again around the age of 24. When I was 29 I started playing regularly. I have put in about 1600 hours of practice since, (yes, I keep track lol). A lot of it wasn't efficient practicing though, so a lot of those hours weren't quality practice. I have gotten better at utilizing my time recently.

Influences: Black Sabbath, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, SRV, David Gilmour, Boston, Southern Rock, Surf Rock, etc.. There's plenty more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Diary Practice: Not quite sure what this is, but I assume its asking if I keep a practice log, which I do.

Audio or video recording capability: At this minute, no. But I should be able to within the next week. I may need some help getting that set up.

Main goals as a musician: To write riffs so monstrous that they cause the Earth to split and summon the demons of hell! But also to write music that is a combination of all the things I like. I would like to be a proficient lead player, but along the lines of Kirk Hammett, Tony Iommi, Slash, David Gilmour, Dick Dale etc...

Life goals: This is a broad question lol I would like to become proficient enough in a creative field where I can quit my day job, not necessarily music. I know, its a pretty lofty goal. But you'll never know what you can achieve until you try.

How many hours per day can you dedicate towards guitar: Usually, at least an hour. Sometimes I can do more. On some occasions I have to skip it entirely, but that's not too frequent.

What do you know about theory: I've taken a few theory classes, but it's been a few years. I know how chords are constructed. I know all the notes of G Major, E minor. I know where all the E's are on the fretboard. I know the pentatonic boxes, but I'm not very proficient with them.

I'm working on the Ratt Style lesson at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to post a video by the end of the week biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mudbone: Apr 1 2014, 12:14 AM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2014, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Cool! Thanks for all this information! I think that we will work great together. We have similar tastes in music and similar goals. At first I would need to see your playing abilities and then we can start creating weekly routines to be sure what to practice each day and that this practice is connected with your goals. Ratt lesson is great for rhythm, could you also choose another lesson that includes soloing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 2 2014, 03:47 AM
For lead work, I will try one of these, or both:

Guns N Roses: Don't Cry Solo

Metallica for beginners

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2014, 06:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Apr 1 2014, 11:47 PM) *
For lead work, I will try one of these, or both:

Guns N Roses: Don't Cry Solo

Metallica for beginners

Good choices! Let's go for them! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 5 2014, 04:51 PM
Ok, so I would like some advice on how to record my RECs. What free editing software is there to use? The equipment I'll be using is the camera on a Galaxy S3, and a Zoom H2 recorder pressed up against the speaker cab. Thanks Gabriel biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2014, 06:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Apr 5 2014, 12:51 PM) *
Ok, so I would like some advice on how to record my RECs. What free editing software is there to use? The equipment I'll be using is the camera on a Galaxy S3, and a Zoom H2 recorder pressed up against the speaker cab. Thanks Gabriel biggrin.gif

Hello mate! You can record audio directly to your computer using Reaper, a multitrack software which has a free version (http://www.reaper.fm/) and then use a video editor to replace the camera audio by the one recorded with Reaper. I use Premiere or Vegas for this but these are not free software. I've never used a free one but the thing that you need to do is very simple so I'm sure that you will find one.

Here you will find a good list, and let me say that Windows movie maker is the most used among them:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/app...ownload-1136264

Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 9 2014, 05:47 AM
I just posted a REC take of Ratt Style. you can view it here. Looking forward to your feedback biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2014, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Done! Check it out! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 9 2014, 11:55 PM
I'd like to thank you and the other guys for your feedback. Even though I received a passing grade, I do believe a 10 is achievable, so I'll try it again in the next couple of weeks. I'll take a quick break from it so it can saturate in my brain wink.gif In the meantime, I'm going to post the Don't Cry solo sometime in the next week biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2014, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Excellent mate! While you work on these two lessons I was thinking that maybe you could add this program to your diary practice:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50470

The Profressor shared a very complete Blues Theory Course that will cover all the important aspects. Based on your influences and musical taste, having good blues knowledge will definitely help you. Mastering all those concepts (if you aren't used to them) can take around 2 months, so divide your time and take it easy.

Then we can work on some blues lessons to make it more complete. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 11 2014, 01:06 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2014, 11:04 AM) *
Excellent mate! While you work on these two lessons I was thinking that maybe you could add this program to your diary practice:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50470

The Profressor shared a very complete Blues Theory Course that will cover all the important aspects. Based on your influences and musical taste, having good blues knowledge will definitely help you. Mastering all those concepts (if you aren't used to them) can take around 2 months, so divide your time and take it easy.

Then we can work on some blues lessons to make it more complete. What do you think?

I'm familiar with a lot of this information, but I must admit my knowledge of arpeggios and 7th chords is very limited. Are there any lessons that apply some of these concepts? I learn much quicker when I see a concept applied in practice.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2014, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Apr 10 2014, 09:06 PM) *
I'm familiar with a lot of this information, but I must admit my knowledge of arpeggios and 7th chords is very limited. Are there any lessons that apply some of these concepts? I learn much quicker when I see a concept applied in practice.

Arpeggios are usually combined with Pentatonic and Mixolydian in a blues situation. We don't have lessons that only use dominant arpeggios, but we have lessons that uses arpeggios for soloing, or off course blues lessons that includes them.

A good exercise to train this would be to use the backing tracks that you will find in that blues concepts link. You can follow the blues progressions with Arpeggios in different parts of the neck as the first step. Then you can start combining them with Blues Scale.

Once you feel comfortable with this, I recommend you to learn major, minor, 7th and m7th arpeggios because arpeggios are great to follow the chords when you are soloing.

Arpeggios lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...arpeggio-boxes/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Sweep-...-7th-Arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Creati...ggios-Phrasing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...with-arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Major-...ggios-Exercise/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Minor-...ggios-Exercise/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 13 2014, 04:58 PM
Would this be a good place to start with arpeggios?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Arpegg...rkshop-Level-1/

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2014, 05:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Apr 13 2014, 12:58 PM) *
Would this be a good place to start with arpeggios?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Arpegg...rkshop-Level-1/

Definitely! Good find! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 25 2014, 03:38 AM
Hey Gabe, I'd just like to post a quick update to let you know I haven't forgotten this! biggrin.gif I'm in the process of moving to new place, and am about to go on an overseas trip, so time is a bit tight. I'm still managing to get in at least half an hour of practice a day.

I'm currently working on the arpeggios workshop, the Don't Cry solo, Ratt Style, and Alice in Chains "Don't Follow." I'll keep you posted with updates biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2014, 06:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks a lot for your update. We use to have those moments when changes doesn't allow us to practice as much as we would like but don't worry about it. Enjoy every aspect of life and remember that life experiences gives us things to say... you'll get back to guitar with a lot of inspiration.

Check this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=51864

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:14 AM