Motion - The Secret To Entertainment
SirJamsalot
Dec 8 2011, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
It doesn't take much to entertain. When people go to see a concert / show, they aren't there just for the music. They're there to see the band. The band has a responsibility to entertain them. I've been being coached by Vince (stage center on guitar/vocals) about this very topic. He was saying that motion is the key to an audience's heart. If you watch him play, as well as the other guitarist, what should jump out is that you are naturally drawn to them, but not the bass player - it's because they are in constant motion, and whether you like the music or not, there's something about watching them that is just fun. Big guitar strums so the hands are in motion - body swaying to the music - they obviously love the music they are playing - band interaction - they like each other - all the basic elements of a good performance, even if it is an open mic at a dive bar. Check it out.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 8 2011, 11:28 PM
Instructor
I agree with you completely! The visual experience is perhaps more important than audio. This is a complete interaction with the audience. A lot of bands don't know that, even if they have great songs and perfect sound, the final blow is exactly what we're talking about wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 9 2011, 02:09 PM
Instructor
Yeah, this is very important, I like moving a lot on stage, it's always better for the band to have some performance, like moving in same/oposite directions at one song, or headbanging the same way. It can be great (if done with taste ofc).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 9 2011, 09:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
I can't post links in chat, so I'm sticking this link here.

vince's band: GoKart Mozart

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Dec 9 2011, 09:34 PM

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2011, 10:14 PM
Instructor
The video is great! as well as the modality of teaching and coaching. I would like to see a video of you performing at the Open Mic! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 9 2011, 11:40 PM
Instructor
That's the life of musicians - wheels and stage biggrin.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:07 PM