Line 6 Dt25, Tube amp modeller with real tubes!
Adrian Figallo
Oct 11 2011, 06:48 PM
Instructor
what do you think about this guys?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 11:01 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow that is really cool!!Amp emulation has come a long way since they first started coming out and sound quite authentic nowadays but If I had to choose between tubes and solid state,Tubes will be the way to go for me I think. Maybe it's just cause I'm old laugh.gif
Thumbs up man!! thanks for sharing.

Rich

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 11 2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor
but this is actually using quite some tubes to emulate, that's beauty of this thing smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 11:12 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Oct 11 2011, 10:02 PM) *
but this is actually using quite some tubes to emulate, that's beauty of this thing smile.gif

yeah thats what is so cool about it, what better way to emulate a tube sound than to use tubes.I would like to test drive one of those for sure!

+Quote Post
Bossie
Oct 11 2011, 11:19 PM
GMC:er
This is way better then my amp modeler...a vox valvetronix 100 w.
But then again mine has only one tube in the preamp... huh.gif
This looks like a great one to me ..

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 12 2011, 02:19 AM
This is what I have got! Well the dt50, but with a push/pull volume control taking it down from 50 to 25 watts if desired (what I use mostly). No more digital sound from emulating. It's like 4 amps in one, add the podhd with one data cable and they auto-sync with each other creating hundreds of high quality tones (100s not 1000s like the previous pods but much better sounding with dynamics). Very fun and easy to switch tones as they update each other.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 12 2011, 02:55 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
It's not actually a modeling unit but rather an all tube amplifier that's highly configurable for different tones. Awesome concept and sweet amp. If I had room for an amp this would be on my list to check out in comparison to the major brand all tube amps especially since it so nicely integrates with my HD500.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 12 2011, 04:23 AM
If your got the podhd, it's an nice infestment... Rather than buying a collection of high end amps and effects. However, it does weight a ton, my dt50 weights about 60kg! Not the best to cart around.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Oct 12 2011, 04:58 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 11 2011, 08:23 PM) *
If your got the podhd, it's an nice infestment... Rather than buying a collection of high end amps and effects. However, it does weight a ton, my dt50 weights about 60kg! Not the best to cart around.

I'll bet it's not the most portable for sure. Do you have a 4x12 cab as well?
Maybe someday when the budget permits . cool.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 12 2011, 08:09 AM
Mine is the DT50 2x12 Combo, so two speakers built-in. Four amps in one - got great Classic American Clean, Britsh Crunch, Class A Chime, and my fav Modern Hi Gain, just using the amp by itself. By itself, it's a pretty good tube amp. The PodHD however makes it complete with effects/amps.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Oct 12 2011, 08:09 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 12 2011, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Looks interesting on-paper (or better to say on-youtube) biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 12 2011, 06:15 PM
Instructor
here is a super long but useful video about it, i'm loving it!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 12 2011, 08:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like my line 6 spider valve. It is all tube with a modeler in it also. Has taken me a long time to figure it out though, still not there all the way.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 12 2011, 08:59 PM
Instructor
Sounds very interesting smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2011, 09:08 PM
Instructor
I like those tones! It sounds nice.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:58 PM