Quick Licks #86 : Alternate Picking/back And Forth Blues Lick
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2019, 09:14 PM
GMC:er
Let's take a traditional blues like and freaking SHRED it. Instead of playing it in the traditional way, let's break it up a pinch and use a back and forth approach on it. In short, let's make it a bit more interesting and a bit more shreddy!!! smile.gif Try to keep a good palm mute. Try to use a pointy, thick pick, and try to sit in classical position instead of side saddle. It may not be possible. Some folks HATE pointy thick picks and HATE to play in classical position. This is all well and good smile.gif Play it ever how you can manage. You don't have to pick every note, only pick the ones that you feel you need to strike, this will allow you to roughly double your speed on this lick as you will be picking about half as much. Once you play it, then try to use the bits I'm on about to see if they can double/triple/quadruple the rate you are comfy playing it smile.gif Just as a test. So! To wit!!!!

Attached File  86.gp5 ( 1.7K ) Number of downloads: 11453

Attached Image

This is QUICK LICKS so somebody dive in and play QUICKLY!!!! smile.gif This is built to shred. If you wanna shred a lick, this is the lick to shred. It's quick, it's simple, it's begging to be shredded!!!!!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 29 2019, 09:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Phil66
Jan 13 2020, 09:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cheers buddy, thing is I prefer the TH-U to the Helix, the UI suits me better and easier to reamp wink.gif so I'm reluctant to go back to the Helix full time, I was even thinking of selling it laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Todd Simpson   Quick Licks #86 : Alternate Picking/back And Forth Blues Lick   Jun 29 2019, 09:14 PM
- - onetabmat   RE: Quick Licks #86 : Alternate Picking/back And Forth Blues Lick   Jul 23 2019, 12:21 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   NAILED IT!! You've made huge gains in ...   Jul 24 2019, 02:56 AM
nnn
- - Phil66   Take 1 Sarge https://youtu.be/zVStgiTVwkw   Jan 5 2020, 10:07 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Well played! The only issue I see is that this...   Jan 8 2020, 07:09 AM
nnn
- - Phil66   Thanks Todd, Yeah, I know the sync is slightly of...   Jan 8 2020, 09:02 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Can you tell the web cam software to pull the audi...   Jan 9 2020, 03:49 AM
nnn
- - Phil66   If I pull direct from the Scarlett I think it will...   Jan 9 2020, 05:25 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   Just as a simple experiment, open the settings for...   Jan 9 2020, 09:53 PM
nnn
- - Phil66   I'll try that at the weekend buddy. I'm su...   Jan 9 2020, 10:13 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Glad it's working! The synch issue is stil...   Jan 13 2020, 12:14 AM
nnn
- - Phil66   I didn't think the sync was as bad on that tak...   Jan 13 2020, 09:31 AM
|- - Todd Simpson   it;s workable And it's better than the previo...   Jan 13 2020, 08:19 PM
nnn
|- - Todd Simpson   To be honest, unless you plan on doing a lot of li...   Jan 17 2020, 05:59 PM
nnn
- - Phil66   Thanks for the advice buddy, I can also use TH-U ...   Jan 17 2020, 06:03 PM
|- - Todd Simpson   Yup! You can run it directly in to an amp on a...   Jan 17 2020, 11:01 PM
nnn
- - Phil66   When I tried the Helix through my amps, I found it...   Jan 18 2020, 06:50 AM
- - Todd Simpson   True! At low volume, gives it much more charac...   Jan 18 2020, 08:23 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:31 AM