Jeroen On Fire Shreds Back To The 80's, El Torro in action
Jeroen
Apr 30 2014, 05:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Got the inspiration from the back to the 80's collab. I couldn't resist making the backing track longer and turn it into some Shredding back to the 80's

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 2 2014, 01:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool to see you improvising over the full track! smile.gif You definitely have the 80s vibe going.
My suggestion would be to check the tuning and intonation of the guitar and bends as some parts sound just slightly off in tuning.

Second part of the solo needs a bit more connection between the licks. Try to connect different sections more smoothly by varying rhythm phrasing and to avoid to drastic changes from lick to lick - this will help get away from "exercise sounding" phrasing. Overall - the take is really energetic and you have a very cool attitude when playing this which is most important in leads performance.

Looking forward to your new videos.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2014, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Hey bro! just sent you an extensive reply in the Practice schedule thread wink.gif Nice going here, but please check out the other one for a bit of insight on direction and the stuff that you could do to make an even shinier take!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2014, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Jeroen! I'm impressed of how productive and creative you are. You are all the time recording music, videos, covers, I find your inputs at collabs, my workouts, and also new videos at the practice room very often. You have a lot of energy and a lot to say. I can notice that this solo reflect it very well: It's pure energy. I'm sure that Cosmin will help you with the technique issues to polish this track, but be sure that the most important is there. Great job! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 2 2014, 09:46 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 3 2014, 06:23 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 2 2014, 10:45 PM) *
Hi Jeroen! I'm impressed of how productive and creative you are. You are all the time recording music, videos, covers, I find your inputs at collabs, my workouts, and also new videos at the practice room very often. You have a lot of energy and a lot to say. I can notice that this solo reflect it very well: It's pure energy. I'm sure that Cosmin will help you with the technique issues to polish this track, but be sure that the most important is there. Great job! smile.gif

Hi Gab, I'm enjoying music very much and I want to participate here at GMC as much as possible to learn many new things and improve my techniques. Thank you for compliments!

Thanks Bogdan, I'm working with Cosmin to improve my playing in many ways. Enjoying GMC so much. Thank you GMC FOR BEING SUCH AN AWESOME GUITAR COMMUNITY! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jeroen: May 3 2014, 07:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2014, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Hey again Jeroen! We are all glad you like it here and as Gabi said - You can be sure I am and will be helping out smile.gif Now for a little booster - get practicing! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 4 2014, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Good attitude man and nice tone
Just try playing behind the beat sometimes and don't rush the notes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 5 2014, 08:18 AM
QUOTE (Marius Pop @ May 4 2014, 03:48 PM) *
Good attitude man and nice tone
Just try playing behind the beat sometimes and don't rush the notes smile.gif

Thanks Marius, timing is one of the things I'm working on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2014, 10:31 AM
Instructor
So, if we would sum things up, I would say that the three main aspects which you could focus your practice on, would be:

- timing/ rhythm elements
- articulation - bending/ vibrato
- alternate picking

I think that these three - if honed nicely - would turn any player into a great player smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 6 2014, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 6 2014, 11:31 AM) *
So, if we would sum things up, I would say that the three main aspects which you could focus your practice on, would be:

- timing/ rhythm elements
- articulation - bending/ vibrato
- alternate picking

I think that these three - if honed nicely - would turn any player into a great player smile.gif

Exactly right Sensei! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
And how is practice going? I know you are working on alternate picking with Ben's lesson, but for the others? What do you have in the workshop? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 7 2014, 06:41 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 7 2014, 10:34 AM) *
And how is practice going? I know you are working on alternate picking with Ben's lesson, but for the others? What do you have in the workshop? smile.gif

Winter tune is in my practice routine and some string bending with vibrato practice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2014, 08:20 AM
Instructor
You know, if you don't have the time to pull videos for each, all the time, you can simply send audio recordings and I will check them out wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 PM