3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Aarrggghh!, My Wife will kill me ...
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 23 2007, 08:25 PM
Moderation Policy Director
It wasn't my fault - I was listening to Tender Surrender by Steve Vai ... all of a sudden this red mist covered my senses, and when I regained consciousness I saw this in my browser window:

Attached Image

Damn you Pavel! My wife will never forgive me - how could you make me want a Jem so bad that I risked my marriage????

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 23 2007, 08:53 PM
GMC:er
LOL!!

you spent $51.99 on guitar straps... I would kill you too. tongue.gif

LOL just kidding.

Congrats man!!

You're getting a JEM!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2007, 08:58 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Oh boy, you're in trouble now!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 23 2007, 08:58 PM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jun 23 2007, 03:53 PM) *
LOL!!
you spent $51.99 on guitar straps... I would kill you too. tongue.gif

LOL just kidding.

Congrats man!!

You're getting a JEM!!!

It just didn't seem right to put some plastic strap on the worlds most beautiful guitar ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jun 23 2007, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 23 2007, 03:58 PM) *
It just didn't seem right to put some plastic strap on the worlds most beautiful guitar ...

Yeah if you dropped it, that would really suck. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ibanex
Jun 23 2007, 09:54 PM
You want a Ibanez Steve Vai Signature JEM because of Pavel biggrin.gif., not because of STEVE VAI.
I wished I had enough money to get one too, my favorite guitar too, among many others. Check this site out: http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitars1.html

Hey Andrew can you sed us pictures of your guitar and tell us if its really THAT good tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 23 2007, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (Ibanex @ Jun 23 2007, 04:54 PM) *
You want a Ibanez Steve Vai Signature JEM because of Pavel biggrin.gif., not because of STEVE VAI.
I wished I had enough money to get one too, my favorite guitar too, among many others. Check this site out: http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitars1.html

Hey Andrew can you sed us pictures of your guitar and tell us if its really THAT good tongue.gif.

Well, Steve Vai had a little to do with it, but it was mostly Pavel cool.gif

Pictures will be forthcoming ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 23 2007, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 23 2007, 10:55 PM) *
it was mostly Pavel cool.gif

WOW! I am honored! cool.gif Thanks a lot! biggrin.gif

Congrats Andrew! You're getting THE REAL SHRED-MACHINE!! Let us know how it feels to play that baby when you get it! (i mean - i know how it feels i just want to hear your opinion)

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ibanex
Jun 23 2007, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 23 2007, 09:55 PM) *
Well, Steve Vai had a little to do with it, but it was mostly Pavel cool.gif

Pictures will be forthcoming ...

I'm dying to see them.
Looking forward.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 23 2007, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jun 23 2007, 05:05 PM) *
WOW! I am honored! cool.gif Thanks a lot! biggrin.gif

Congrats Andrew! You're getting THE REAL SHRED-MACHINE!! Let us know how it feels to play that baby when you get it! (i mean - i know how it feels i just want to hear your opinion)

I'll let you know - I'm really excited! And yes it was pretty much you that got me wanting one of these smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 23 2007, 11:16 PM
OMG. Do you have a passport? And do you have enough money for a ticket to Sweden?

Gratz anyway. May your last hours be happy biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jun 23 2007, 11:16 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 23 2007, 11:52 PM
LOL! laugh.gif Awesome!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 24 2007, 12:13 AM
HAHAHA wow lucky u smile.gif ive played it, it was a life changing experience, but i dun wanna spend that kinda money on 1 hahahah smile.gif But congratulations, my idea to you, is spend another 50 on flowers +a ticket to a show and summore on a nice dinner... than maybe she'll forgive you smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 24 2007, 12:16 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 24 2007, 01:13 AM) *
my idea to you, is spend another 50 on flowers +a ticket to a show and summore on a nice dinner... than maybe she'll forgive you smile.gif

laugh.gif That's a great idea! And it's jus a ticket (one), she goes by herself to see the show while you get some time, free, at home playing your new JEM laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 24 2007, 12:33 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 23 2007, 07:16 PM) *
laugh.gif That's a great idea! And it's jus a ticket (one), she goes by herself to see the show while you get some time, free, at home playing your new JEM laugh.gif

Perfect laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My stratagy will be to calm her down with Coach Handbags ... that usually works smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 24 2007, 12:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think you did the right thing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 24 2007, 12:34 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 23 2007, 06:16 PM) *
OMG. Do you have a passport?

Yes!

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jun 23 2007, 06:16 PM) *
And do you have enough money for a ticket to Sweden?

Not any more ... Ibanez have it all blink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 24 2007, 05:48 AM
laugh.gif congratulations! please show us pics when the guitar arrives! smile.gif biggrin.gif

hmm, id also like to know who exactly managed to make it to step 4 while u were unconsious. lol! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 24 2007, 05:49 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jun 24 2007, 07:57 AM
nice...your wife.....my parents....you out did me but i bought this today....http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Showmaster-FMT-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=511943.....got the natural finish fitted w\ a SD Dimebucker and Sh-10...its my money but my parents know as well as i do that i cant afford it WOO!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jun 24 2007, 08:13 AM
i hate you

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:55 AM