Solo Rules ?, Talking about little theorie
Exitus
May 21 2008, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
Hello all wink.gif

I can play the most of Intermediate solos.
And I can improvising too.
The thing is.. I dont know what i do there.
I just try to feel witch note I must use. huh.gif

Sure I can play guitar solos, alternate/sweep picking and this kind of things.(slow but clear)
But i learned all step by step from your videos and dont know what I really do there.
Its good to play this lessons but i want to know WHY this notes, scales and chords ....

Question: What is the RULE of a solo? How to play harmonic solo to the chords?

What are good notes and what bad notes?

First I thougt: Just play notes from the scale and on every chord-change be at the basic tone.
( So if the chord is start to G, just play some notes from the scale and end with the the G note...)

But all what I play is boring. Just notes up and down...
What must I do to play a real solo? How to work it out? With note(s) on a chord?

I give an example.

The chords: C | G/B | Am | F | 4/4

With scale here to play and why? With notes sounds good on that chords`?

BACKTRACK
(How to upload audiofiles here? laugh.gif )

Thank you very much for your help.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 21 2008, 03:36 PM
Instructor
i think you need to study more about theory cause i see you are playing and you dont know what
you are playing you should start to learn the scales like Majors/minors/pentatonics and others

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 21 2008, 03:44 PM
Check Out Nick Kellie's lessons on the site. His lessons will help you greatly I'm sure smile.gif Use these in conjunction with Andrew's Theory lessons on the forum and you'll know everything there is to know smile.gif Half solid practice/half learning theory

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Exitus
May 21 2008, 04:30 PM
Hey thx for your help.

I find Andrew's Theory lessons now and that is what im looking for.
I thought there is a simply rule for melodic and scales.

But now I have to work hard now.
I try5 to learn all that stuff. So stay tuned

thx

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 21 2008, 10:19 PM
Instructor
Also be aware that simple exercises up and down the scale are not enough. Various combinations of patterns must be went through to be able to make a some fine soloing.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:19 PM