20 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2011, 06:58 AM
GMC:er
DOKUGAN: I"ve tabbed out the Ascension Paradox lick. Here is the Guitar Pro File (It's guitar pro6 which I must say is worth every penny for the upgrade from 5) I you can upgrade to 6 you can open these files and hear it. I'm hoping you and Christian can both get guitar pro 6 so we can all be on the same page.

Here is the GP file in a zip.
Attached File  Ascension_Paradox.gpx.zip ( 13.31K ) Number of downloads: 101

And here is the exported tab from GP.
Attached Image

CHRISTIAN: If you would, go ahead and post your drum try just so we can hear it and I can get a vibe for what you were trying to do. I"ll give it a shot as well.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 4 2011, 10:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great! I will get into recording this weekend smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 4 2011, 10:11 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 10 2011, 06:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys. Finally got back to my guitar smile.gif I'll make the recordings as soon as i can. Christian can you send me your licks tab if you tabbed out? And one more question guys, any luck with drums yet? smile.gif

Dogukan.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2011, 07:43 PM
Glad to hear it! That was quick! Is your brother doing ok? I'm going to try to make a reaper file that uses amp modeling that comes with reaper so we can all record without distortion/fx, and just use software if possible for our demo work. That way, it will be easier for us to get better overal all tone consistently.

DOKUGAN: When you record, do a pass with any distortion/fx, direct recording if possible, just the guitar itself. I'll use that as the basis for adding the fx in reaper. I think it's possible, but I"ve never done it this way.

Todd
QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 10 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Hey guys. Finally got back to my guitar smile.gif I'll make the recordings as soon as i can. Christian can you send me your licks tab if you tabbed out? And one more question guys, any luck with drums yet? smile.gif

Dogukan.

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 11 2011, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yep he is doing fine smile.gif I will make the recording as you say, hope that works well smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2011, 10:40 PM
Great to hear he is doing better smile.gif I hope this new "direct recording" workflow works out. It could be a real blessing if we can just send clean recordings and make all of our tone choices inside reaper. That way we can collaborate on how the guitars sound!

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 11 2011, 10:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 11 2011, 09:40 PM) *
Great to hear he is doing better smile.gif I hope this new "direct recording" workflow works out. It could be a real blessing if we can just send clean recordings and make all of our tone choices inside reaper. That way we can collaborate on how the guitars sound!

Todd

Yeah exactly smile.gif Sounds really really great smile.gif By the way Christian said me that he talked with you about drums Todd. Did you take a look at it yet?

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 11 2011, 10:51 PM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2011, 08:38 AM
DIG THIS! SOFTWARE GUITAR EMULATION TEMPLATE USING FREE SOFTWARE ONLY!

I"ve created a project file in reaper with an fx chain the sounds like a large high gain amp. The good news is that it's only using what is built in to reaper and a free plugin set that you will need to down load at this link before opening the project.

These are free distortion/amp modeling plugins for PC and Mac. Handy eh?

Here are the Free PC Guitar Plugins
http://www.auraplug.com/index.php?option=c...ory&catid=8

Here are the Free Mac Guitar Plugins
http://www.auraplug.com/index.php?option=c...ory&catid=7

PREVIEW SOUND FILE
*Dry recording using only reaper and above plugin for tone.

DRY ORIGINAL RECORDING
Attached File  01_110412_0318.mp3 ( 669.57K ) Number of downloads: 112

WITH FX
Attached File  DirectTemplate.mp3 ( 591.76K ) Number of downloads: 107

PROJECT FILE ZIP
Attached File  DirectRecordingReaperProject.zip ( 5.51MB ) Number of downloads: 87

Now we can collaborate on the tone! Make changes in software and just send project files. Let's try one tune where we record everything dry and do all our fx in software if at all possible. I think it will really help our work flow.

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 12 2011, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 12 2011, 11:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow! It's great Todd smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 12 2011, 03:40 PM
DOKUGAN: Glad you like it! GIve it a shot and let me know how it goes for you! Post some test if you can. I Hope this works for you and Christian.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 12 2011, 02:38 AM) *
DIG THIS! SOFTWARE GUITAR EMULATION TEMPLATE USING FREE SOFTWARE ONLY!

I"ve created a project file in reaper with an fx chain the sounds like a large high gain amp. The good news is that it's only using what is built in to reaper and a free plugin set that you will need to down load at this link before opening the project.

These are free distortion/amp modeling plugins for PC and Mac. Handy eh?

Here are the Free PC Guitar Plugins
http://www.auraplug.com/index.php?option=c...ory&catid=8

Here are the Free Mac Guitar Plugins
http://www.auraplug.com/index.php?option=c...ory&catid=7

PREVIEW SOUND FILE
*Dry recording using only reaper and above plugin for tone.

DRY ORIGINAL RECORDING
Attached File  01_110412_0318.mp3 ( 669.57K ) Number of downloads: 112

WITH FX
Attached File  DirectTemplate.mp3 ( 591.76K ) Number of downloads: 107

PROJECT FILE ZIP
Attached File  DirectRecordingReaperProject.zip ( 5.51MB ) Number of downloads: 87

Now we can collaborate on the tone! Make changes in software and just send project files. Let's try one tune where we record everything dry and do all our fx in software if at all possible. I think it will really help our work flow.

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 13 2011, 02:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
I will get into recording tomorrow, then i will upload here smile.gif But Christian didn't send me his licks tab and now he's gone for some trip. Since you've recorded Christian's lick also(Ascension Paradox 1) can you tab that one out Todd? I'd be appreciated smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 14 2011, 06:33 AM
I started to tab it out and it was kinda clumsy in tab so I thought I"d just record it and get the ball rolling smile.gif Here is a REAPER project with our new "Direct Recording" workflow. The guitar is recorded dry and all fx/gain is added in reaper. I"ve added a drum loop and Christians riff. Open this and see if you can record the other riff. The ball is in your court! Hit me if you have questions.

Attached File  AscensionChristianWithDrums.zip ( 2.38MB ) Number of downloads: 97

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 13 2011, 08:56 AM) *
I will get into recording tomorrow, then i will upload here smile.gif But Christian didn't send me his licks tab and now he's gone for some trip. Since you've recorded Christian's lick also(Ascension Paradox 1) can you tab that one out Todd? I'd be appreciated smile.gif

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 14 2011, 11:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks Todd it's great smile.gif I will record the other riffs and post the project soon smile.gif

Dogukan,

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2011, 05:33 AM) *
I started to tab it out and it was kinda clumsy in tab so I thought I"d just record it and get the ball rolling smile.gif Here is a REAPER project with our new "Direct Recording" workflow. The guitar is recorded dry and all fx/gain is added in reaper. I"ve added a drum loop and Christians riff. Open this and see if you can record the other riff. The ball is in your court! Hit me if you have questions.

Attached File  AscensionChristianWithDrums.zip ( 2.38MB ) Number of downloads: 97

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 14 2011, 12:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd, one question. I have downloaded to vst plugin and scanned with reaper. But when i try to open the latest project file you have sent i have this error:

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.
Track 1: AU: AuraPlug: California Sun
Track 2: AU: AuraPlug: California Sun

But when i looked my fx folder, i have seen this plugin already here as:

VST: California Sun (Auraplug)

Still couldn't hear the file properly. Can you help me with that?

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 14 2011, 12:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Todd, one question. I have downloaded to vst plugin and scanned with reaper. But when i try to open the latest project file you have sent i have this error:

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2011, 01:18 AM
Yeah, you need to download the PC version of the CALIFORNIA SUN plugin. Here is the direct link to that plugin.

http
://www.auraplug.com/index.php?option=c...d=8&cid=28

AU is the apple version of the plugin. Your not using a mac, so you'll just use the PC version, get it? To add FX to a track.

Click the green FX button on the track

Pop up window comes up. Poke around get to know whats in the menus, that's what I did wink.gif

Select the plugin you want.

That's all there is to it smile.gif

Will the track play despite the error? Does it sound wrong?

Todd

QUOTE (quadrium @ Apr 14 2011, 06:06 AM) *

Dogukan,

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2011, 10:05 AM
Here is a rough draft of a new set of licks I'm working on for maybe adding to one of our future tunes. No bass guitar in there yet, just temp guitar and temp drums. I'm digging it so far wink.gif
Attached File  NewRIff.mp3 ( 629.25K ) Number of downloads: 109

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 15 2011, 12:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
Done it thank you smile.gif And your lick is awesome! smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2011, 04:24 AM
Glad REAPER is working! smile.gif Thanks for checking out the lick! The sound is rough but I wanted to get it down before it fell out of my head.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2011, 08:26 PM
I wanted to invite other GMC folks to join us in our Collaboration project if they are so inclined and wanted to know what you guys think? Anyone that can run REAPER can download the project file and contribute in theory. The more the merrier wink.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 14 2011, 12:33 AM) *

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:56 AM