8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Pod Xt/x3 Q&a, Come here to ask about your POD XT/X3 related queries
Paul Coutts
Apr 21 2008, 12:21 PM
GMC:er
hahaha, so true...GMC is probably the reason I bought the x3 biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simusphere
Apr 22 2008, 12:27 AM
I just made my wife very mad when I came home with a pod X3 live last week. I already had a cheap Phonic 740 PA system that I normally use for karaoke but this pod sounds great through the PA system. Granted it doesn't sound as good as a real tube amp like my fender twin reverb with some simple effects. But it is so cool to have all those effects and amp models to play with.

My problem is I am not very good at tweaking things on these devices. We need some experts to show us how to tweak these things correctly. There are a lot of settings that when I change them I cannot tell the difference in sound. And I have no idea what I'm doing when tweaking the eq settings. From what I understand, the eq setting are very important on the pods.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Apr 22 2008, 12:33 PM
Learning Roadie
once i get some free time (after doing coursework and moving house) i'll try to write something of the sort... although im not too great with them myself i can give some tips tongue.gif)

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 22 2008, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Thanks! Yes, I'm using the POD like a multiFX and it works great. I won't use it directly by line to PA because it would mean that I wont use my amp distortion in any song. However I'll continue experimenting. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (simusphere @ Apr 22 2008, 12:27 AM) *
real tube amp like my fender twin reverb

Please lord tell me you are joking? You own a Fender Twin Reverb ohmy.gif I have always wanted one sad.gif They are absolutely out of this world amps. The clean sound is immense. But they are way too expensive. Is it the '65 one?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 22 2008, 02:30 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
i'm going to have a pod x3 for my anniversary this friday, that's gonna be so coooooollllllll

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Maximus
Apr 22 2008, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (simusphere @ Apr 21 2008, 06:27 PM) *
I just made my wife very mad when I came home with a pod X3 live last week. I already had a cheap Phonic 740 PA system that I normally use for karaoke but this pod sounds great through the PA system. Granted it doesn't sound as good as a real tube amp like my fender twin reverb with some simple effects. But it is so cool to have all those effects and amp models to play with.

My problem is I am not very good at tweaking things on these devices. We need some experts to show us how to tweak these things correctly. There are a lot of settings that when I change them I cannot tell the difference in sound. And I have no idea what I'm doing when tweaking the eq settings. From what I understand, the eq setting are very important on the pods.

Make sure you download Gearbox from the Line6 site if you havent already done so. They recently updated the software so it is now compatible with the X3. This lets you make adjustments much easier than using the knobs on the POD.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
simusphere
Apr 22 2008, 11:18 PM
Please lord tell me you are joking? You own a Fender Twin Reverb I have always wanted one They are absolutely out of this world amps. The clean sound is immense. But they are way too expensive. Is it the '65 one?

No, it is just one of the more prevalent silver face versions that I did the black face mod on. The only trouble is, it has to be cranked up very loud to get the best sound out of it. This is a problem for me since I can't always do this at the house. I havn't even tried to use the X3 through it yet.

I've been so excited about using this peadal board that I just now started to use the gearbox software and learn how to use it. I agree, it is much easier to manipulate and manage patches this way. Creating tone names directly on the X3 is a pain.

+Quote Post
Neth
Apr 23 2008, 07:34 PM
What are the differences between the X3 and the X3 live?

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 23 2008, 07:48 PM
the X3 live is a pedal, you can use it on stage, while doing a concert, the X3 (bean) is for home using, you can't change your sound from clean to distortion with a button, so it's kinda difficult to use it on stage

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Neth
Apr 23 2008, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (Zizi Top @ Apr 23 2008, 08:48 PM) *
the X3 live is a pedal, you can use it on stage, while doing a concert, the X3 (bean) is for home using, you can't change your sound from clean to distortion with a button, so it's kinda difficult to use it on stage

Thanks Zizi. that helped.
So now I have to start selling my body on the street to be able to afford the X3 live.

*puts on fancy cloths*

+Quote Post
Gus
Apr 24 2008, 11:02 PM
Hey, guys. I still have the same trouble (USB interface stopped working and I am losing all collabs, student instructor lessons, virtual band, that is, the most funny time in GMC sad.gif )
I finally managed to install my POD X3 live in another computer in order to isolate the problem and the conclusion was that actually the problem was with the POD.
I've just figured out that on system page there is usb firmware information.
It is saying
USB FIRMWARE VERSION: 0.00
That says something doesn't it? It is not a surprise it does not work and Windows do not recognize it at all...

Anyone knows how I can install that back?? I only know to install things on POD by USB interface, but well, USB is the problem itself... unsure.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 24 2008, 11:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Gus @ Apr 25 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Hey, guys. I still have the same trouble (USB interface stopped working and I am losing all collabs, student instructor lessons, virtual band, that is, the most funny time in GMC sad.gif )
I finally managed to install my POD X3 live in another computer in order to isolate the problem and the conclusion was that actually the problem was with the POD.
I've just figured out that on system page there is usb firmware information.
It is saying
USB FIRMWARE VERSION: 0.00
That says something doesn't it? It is not a surprise it does not work and Windows do not recognize it at all...

Anyone knows how I can install that back?? I only know to install things on POD by USB interface, but well, USB is the problem itself... unsure.gif

I may be all wrong here but I think you have to download the monkey (a program) from line6.com and then upload the firmware from there. Problem is that that requires the USB. unsure.gif

Other from that, maybe there's a system reset to the POD you could try. If something was ruined with the USB settings after some time.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Hi! I checked a link that I found in this thread about atomic amps and I think that getting any of these amps sound interesting... Who tried it? What do you think? More samples that the ones that they have in myspace?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gus
Apr 24 2008, 11:55 PM
I just received an answer from Line 6 support.

He says that if USB firmwares shows 0.00, it is most likely a hardware issue...

Seems I will have to return it to repair sad.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Maximus
Apr 25 2008, 01:42 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 24 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Hi! I checked a link that I found in this thread about atomic amps and I think that getting any of these amps sound interesting... Who tried it? What do you think? More samples that the ones that they have in myspace?

Hey Gabe,

I have tried one and will purchase one soon. It sounds great with the POD X3 Live. Tom offers a money back guarantee. I highly recommend you dropping him a call or an email. I have yet to see an unfavorable review of this amp. I have read that they are working on expanding the line soon. Let us know if you take the plunge.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Apr 25 2008, 11:07 PM
wait, just found out again, line 6 gearbox is free if you register your product

This post has been edited by kevin-riff-after-riff: Apr 26 2008, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 27 2008, 12:29 PM
I just had a pod X3, that's really cool, and i was wondering what is the S/PDIF out for ? i know that we can record sounds with it, but i mean what's the difference between it and the USB2.0 ?

And by the way, does somebody know how do we create sounds by using our computer, and then put these sounds on the podx3, i installed line 6 Monkey, but don't really know what is it good for except updating our pod ...
otherwise i'm so glad to have one, i can't wait to record something with it

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 27 2008, 12:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
SP/DIF is a stereo digital audio output.

The USB is a 2 way data communication that can be used for recording, but also for setting up patches etc.

To setup patches on your computer you need to use Gearbox - you can use line6 monkey to download it.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 27 2008, 12:50 PM
thanks andrew, i m installing gearbox ...

This post has been edited by Zizi Top: Apr 27 2008, 12:54 PM

--------------------

Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:13 PM