2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New List Of Requests: In The Style Of...
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2013, 03:51 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! Most of you know that I love doing "In the style of..." lessons. I like analyzing a band until I feel that I'm part of it and ready to compose a track for them. That's what I try to do with my lessons. smile.gif If you are interested in knowing how I do this process and how I get the most important concepts to be able to clone a band just send me a PM and we can start working on it at my army: GAB'S ARMY

The main reason why I started this thread is to invite everybody to post here which bands or musicians you would like to be covered at GMC!

I have done this in the past but I know that we have many new users here that never did requests so I'm ready for a new list of bands to work on!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 20 2013, 04:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I always look forward to your "in the style of" lessons. Off the top of my head:

Some of these have been done by other instructors (the Pantera, Tool, John Sykes, and Cosmin's Alter Bridge ones are especially good), but I don't think you've done these:

White Stripes
Ratatat
Kings X
MC5
Bullet for My Valentine
Nine Inch Nails
John Sykes
Warren Haynes
Bush
Alter Bridge
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Slipknot
System of a Down
Korn
Tool
POD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 20 2013, 04:54 PM
GMC:er
No Gary Moore style lesson yet??? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 20 2013, 05:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I think Thin Lizzy ballads could be transformed into a wonderful and interesting sounding lesson.

This post has been edited by Jouve: Feb 20 2013, 05:14 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 05:22 PM
Instructor
I already have some done from the list and a few others in the making - System of a Down style is on the pipe biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 20 2013, 05:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2013, 04:22 PM) *
I already have some done from the list

Absolutely, and I mentioned yours is especially good! But you can never have too many good lessons smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2013, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 20 2013, 12:34 PM) *
I always look forward to your "in the style of" lessons. Off the top of my head:

Some of these have been done by other instructors (the Pantera, Tool, John Sykes, and Cosmin's Alter Bridge ones are especially good), but I don't think you've done these:

White Stripes
Ratatat
Kings X
MC5
Bullet for My Valentine
Nine Inch Nails
John Sykes
Warren Haynes
Bush
Alter Bridge
Pantera
Pearl Jam
Slipknot
System of a Down
Korn
Tool
POD

Great list! Thanks mate! It seems that New Metal series would be a good idea... smile.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 20 2013, 12:54 PM) *
No Gary Moore style lesson yet??? happy.gif

It's on my list mate! wink.gif

QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 20 2013, 01:13 PM) *
I think Thin Lizzy ballads could be transformed into a wonderful and interesting sounding lesson.

Nice song! It's a good idea! Thanks. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 20 2013, 07:38 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Some others that come to mind:

Silverchair
The Cult
Fuel
Living Colour
Papa Roach
Shadows Fall
Rory Gallagher
Rush

This post has been edited by Rammikin: Feb 20 2013, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2013, 07:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Feb 20 2013, 03:38 PM) *
Some others that come to mind:

Silverchair
The Cult
Fuel
Living Colour
Papa Roach
Shadows Fall

Cool ones! Thanks mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Feb 20 2013, 08:34 PM
Hey Gabe! All of your in-the-style-of series are so great. I love the German power metal and grunge lessons. I was thinking about your two stoner rock lessons and how you should makes a series out of that, then go one deeper and make a traditional doom style series. Consider bands like Goatsnake, Grand Magus, Orange Goblin, Abdullah, The Sword, Priestess, Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, Bongzilla... the list goes on. Their styles are simplictic but they all have a certain quality that blends 70's groove with 90's chug that would make this style a good focus for a series of lessons. Thanks, man!

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 20 2013, 08:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Feb 20 2013, 07:34 PM) *
I was thinking about your two stoner rock lessons and how you should makes a series out of that, then go one deeper and make a traditional doom style series. Consider bands like Goatsnake, Grand Magus, Orange Goblin, Abdullah, The Sword, Priestess, Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, Bongzilla... the list goes on. Their styles are simplictic but they all have a certain quality that blends 70's groove with 90's chug that would make this style a good focus for a series of lessons. Thanks, man!

Yes! that totally gets my vote as well smile.gif A stoner / doom series like you done with the grunge and power metal would be brilliant.
lots of different sounds as well with the fuzziness of bands like 'truckfighters' to the more 70s groove sounding bands.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Feb 20 2013, 08:54 PM
Well, there's no Rainbow style lesson as far as I know...

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 20 2013, 10:15 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2013, 05:44 PM) *
It seems that New Metal series would be a good idea

That gets into a dicey area that I'm sure you instructors wrestle with when planning a lesson: Should it be limited to 6 string guitars?

I left Periphery off of my list for that reason. I can pitch shift Cosmin's baritone lessons, but I don't have any plans to get a 7 or 8 string guitar. I'd guess a lot of GMC members are in the same situation.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
Good call mate - indeed, they can be transposed to drop D for instance, but it's all about the frequencies and drop tuning in lower registers to get some special vibes with some of them.

Anyway, yes, sometimes it's pretty hard to decide, although, I see that more and more people get axes which aren't limited by a floyd rose tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2013, 12:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Feb 20 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Hey Gabe! All of your in-the-style-of series are so great. I love the German power metal and grunge lessons. I was thinking about your two stoner rock lessons and how you should makes a series out of that, then go one deeper and make a traditional doom style series. Consider bands like Goatsnake, Grand Magus, Orange Goblin, Abdullah, The Sword, Priestess, Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, Bongzilla... the list goes on. Their styles are simplictic but they all have a certain quality that blends 70's groove with 90's chug that would make this style a good focus for a series of lessons. Thanks, man!

QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 20 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Yes! that totally gets my vote as well smile.gif A stoner / doom series like you done with the grunge and power metal would be brilliant.
lots of different sounds as well with the fuzziness of bands like 'truckfighters' to the more 70s groove sounding bands.

Consider this done guys! I'm very interested in exploring this side of rock. smile.gif

QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Feb 20 2013, 04:54 PM) *
Well, there's no Rainbow style lesson as far as I know...

This must be fixed! By the way, Rainbow style has two sides, the more hard rocker and the faster neoclassical that influenced guys like Malmsteen.... it should be a 2 parts lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 2 2018, 11:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Is this thread still on? I'd like to request a lesson in style of CKY (Camp Kill Yourself). Their style is very distinct and heavy but I love their songs, esp. from Volume 1 and Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild.

The only thing I know is that they use one of the Marshalls and an octaver. Riffs are hard to follow for me but they sound so badass.

Also, at CKY's YT channel Deron shows how the riffs are played. Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/campkillyourshelf/videos

This post has been edited by Adam M: Dec 3 2018, 01:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2018, 08:33 AM
GMC Founder
Pretty cool, that'a band I totally missed back in the days:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2018, 02:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 2 2018, 07:07 PM) *
Is this thread still on? I'd like to request a lesson in style of CKY (Camp Kill Yourself). Their style is very distinct and heavy but I love their songs, esp. from Volume 1 and Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild.

The only thing I know is that they use one of the Marshalls and an octaver. Riffs are hard to follow for me but they sound so badass.

Also, at CKY's YT channel Deron shows how the riffs are played. Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/campkillyourshelf/videos

Yea!! this one is always open!! Thanks for the request!

I’ll be working for you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Dec 3 2018, 02:45 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2018, 08:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think I've put this request in before, but I've always wanted something in the style of Psychotic Waltz:

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 4 2018, 07:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 3 2018, 01:45 PM) *
Yea!! this one is always open!! Thanks for the request!

I’ll be working for you. smile.gif

Thanks! Looking forward to it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:12 PM