Got Meself A New Toy
kyldeee
Aug 12 2008, 01:40 PM
GMC:er
I just bought the Boss GT-10 multi-effects processor, and I'm really happy with it, although I really don't know how to use it yet biggrin.gif I've just tried it with my small Roland Micro Cube, and the sound pretty much sucked, but I'll soon plug it straight into my stereo monitors, and we'll see how it sounds then... I have lots of tweaking in head of me and I haven't even checked out all of the patches ( man are there a lot of those huh.gif )

And I don't have a required USB cable to connect it to my computer, since it uses a different type of plug in than the PX5D, so all the recording will still come from my PX5D, at least for now smile.gif

I'm off to play with my new toy biggrin.gif

See ya...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 12 2008, 02:36 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 12 2008, 02:40 PM) *
I just bought the Boss GT-10 multi-effects processor, and I'm really happy with it, although I really don't know how to use it yet biggrin.gif I've just tried it with my small Roland Micro Cube, and the sound pretty much sucked, but I'll soon plug it straight into my stereo monitors, and we'll see how it sounds then... I have lots of tweaking in head of me and I haven't even checked out all of the patches ( man are there a lot of those huh.gif )

And I don't have a required USB cable to connect it to my computer, since it uses a different type of plug in than the PX5D, so all the recording will still come from my PX5D, at least for now smile.gif

See ya...

Congrats mate smile.gif

I've got the GT-10 too, it's awesome!

Just spend some time with it poking around and use the manual if there's something you don't understand.
Be sure to set the output correctly though, if you're playing through a combo, stack, line-out/headphones/soundcard etc.
That makes quite the difference in sound I'll tell you wink.gif

Have fun!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 12 2008, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Congrats dude, the GT-10 is a great piece of equipment smile.gif

I suggest you start making your own patches though, since the factory-patches usually don't sound that great and can't really represent what the GT-10 is really capable of. It definitely needs some precious tweaking-time wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 12 2008, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 12 2008, 02:36 PM) *
Congrats mate smile.gif

I've got the GT-10 too, it's awesome!

Just spend some time with it poking around and use the manual if there's something you don't understand.
Be sure to set the output correctly though, if you're playing through a combo, stack, line-out/headphones/soundcard etc.
That makes quite the difference in sound I'll tell you wink.gif

Have fun!

Thanks smile.gif Yeah, I've put it to Line-out, since I use my studio monitors, and it sounds unbelievable biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 12 2008, 02:46 PM) *
Congrats dude, the GT-10 is a great piece of equipment smile.gif

I suggest you start making your own patches though, since the factory-patches usually don't sound that great and can't really represent what the GT-10 is really capable of. It definitely needs some precious tweaking-time wink.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif I'm one step ahead of you mate biggrin.gif Really having fun making own sounds smile.gif

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 12 2008, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Congrats smile.gif I've only got the GT8 myself, but i've had some fun with Paal's GT-10 on occasion.. and it sure is a fun toy smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 12 2008, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (kyldeee @ Aug 12 2008, 02:40 PM) *

See ya...

Use headphones. if you drive 'um through another poweramp, it will sound s***** unless it's tubes.

Edit for language - Smells

This post has been edited by Smells: Aug 13 2008, 10:19 AM

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 12 2008, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 12 2008, 08:14 PM) *
Congrats smile.gif I've only got the GT8 myself, but i've had some fun with Paal's GT-10 on occasion.. and it sure is a fun toy smile.gif

Thanks Trond smile.gif It sure is biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kjutte @ Aug 12 2008, 08:16 PM) *
Use headphones. if you drive 'um through another poweramp, it will sound shitty unless it's tubes.

I got it plugged straigt into my studio monitors, so it's basically the same thing as using headphones, since both are line -in smile.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Aug 12 2008, 08:19 PM

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 12 2008, 11:19 PM
Instructor
congratulations !!! I had GT8 and it was amazing, with lot of amazing and/or weird effects wink.gif I supose that this one would be too much better wink.gif

Don't forget to upload some tracks smile.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 13 2008, 09:31 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 12 2008, 11:19 PM) *
congratulations !!! I had GT8 and it was amazing, with lot of amazing and/or weird effects wink.gif I supose that this one would be too much better wink.gif

Don't forget to upload some tracks smile.gif

Yeah, thanks smile.gif I'll upload something as soon as I get the USB cable smile.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Aug 13 2008, 09:50 AM

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 13 2008, 01:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Damn, man. I so want to upgrade my Boss GT6 to a GT10, but I don't really have the money at the very moment. Will have to wait a while, I geuss.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 13 2008, 09:48 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 13 2008, 01:44 PM) *
Damn, man. I so want to upgrade my Boss GT6 to a GT10, but I don't really have the money at the very moment. Will have to wait a while, I geuss.

It's worth the wait wink.gif

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 14 2008, 02:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats man , thats a very good unit you bought !! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:10 AM