2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Day The Earth Stood Still, Any one sean the film?
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2008, 03:31 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I liked it quite a bit, Keanu did a great job as Klaatu (Spelling?) and captured the "cold, calculating" atmosphere as he should of, Excellently. I liked the way the performed the ending as well, Overall. Id give it an 85%. Definetely one id like to own.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 21 2008, 04:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think I'm gonna see this movie soon, though I heard mixed opinions ranging form very good to very bad smile.gif Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 21 2008, 04:26 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 21 2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor
I didnt like it at all sad.gif The original is a far superior movie.
It was slow and went nowhere fast and Gort was seriously overlooked.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 22 2008, 12:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've heard so much different stuff about it... I guess I have to watch it myself to make my own opinion ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 22 2008, 03:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Dec 22 2008, 12:22 AM) *
I've heard so much different stuff about it... I guess I have to watch it myself to make my own opinion ^^

Judging from the reviews and comments around the net it seems like most people who havent seen the original or likes b/w scifi from the 50ies like the new version.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 20 2009, 03:34 PM
Instructor
I loved Keanu in the Matrix but I really think that he should try a little bit more harder when he's acting, he always has the same bland expression biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 20 2009, 03:42 PM
Instructor
I haven't seen it, but am curious now.
I'll probably rent it sometime. I love sci-fi, hopefully I won't be disappointed.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
HAMWAGON
Jan 20 2009, 03:50 PM
GMC:er
I thought it was an alright movie apart from the fact that i saw it with one of my friends that can't keep quiet in a movie tongue.gif and The huge Nano bot was sort of lame. It just came out and started to make some irriatating noise where was the Huge Pick up tank throw, lazers and super weapons!! But it sort of showed how stupid the American Government was in this movie. After Repeatedly bombing the Bot and having no effect they decide to bomb it some more and clearly the Man spoke about how the Earth needed to Change but they still kept attacking.. It was an alright movie but it sort of fustrated me and the little Insect bots were alright but nothing too amazing.

This post has been edited by HAMWAGON: Jan 20 2009, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 20 2009, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have watched it and i thought it was one of the vort movies i have ever seen........

Not my type of movie

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:16 AM