> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Carminemarotta's World Of Many Styles
carminemarotta
May 2 2012, 09:51 PM
GMC:er
Cosmin,
Tonight I called it off, no playing for me, however I was wondering one thing. Maybe this is a bit too early, at this stage of my learning. Should I decide to concentrate on one style or should I keep living in the world of many styles? I know I am just at the beginner level and what I am learning will be useful in any style, but having clear ideas will help. I love gmc because every lesson is a piece of music and will help me when finally I can study my favourite guitarists'styles.
Hope I explained well what I wanted to say.

Goodnight,
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2012, 08:45 AM
Instructor
You explained everything pretty thoroughly wink.gif I think exploring will only provide more and more insight on what your path is smile.gif keep exploring man! Things will become more and more clearer along the way wink.gif at least this is what happens to me

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 4 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi Cosmin
I am studying the lesson you suggested me, but I am doing something else as well: power chords. I want to tackle Ben last lesson but I started with the Bear Rose one. Like any other Bear's lessons I find his rhythm a bit tricky.I slow it down at 120 bpm from the original 140 bpm. I tried to listen what he was playing regardless of the tab. this is what I did, wait for your comment, when and if you have time.

Kindest regards. Have a great week end,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine! You are NOT far from the best results wink.gif you are hesitating a bit man, nothing more, this makes the take lack a bit of flow, so work on it some more being more consistent on the timing when changing chords. That will get you where you need to get biggrin.gif Great progress as always Carmine! Looking forward to see where you will be in a year from now! biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 5 2012, 09:52 PM
Cosmin
thanks so much. i really I can see improvement on my playing. I did not give enough attention to the beginner stuff
I should concentrate more and more on this stuff, in order to achieve what i want. I should not jump from lessosn to lessons, but there are so many things here (for example today' Sinisa lesson, just on bending and vibrato, just what I need to practice for the Gilmour style).
On this you are helping me a lot, keep concentration in few things, so now I go back to the Santana lesson, I will play it at slower tempo, hoping that will be better than last time.

Goodnight
Carmine

This post has been edited by carminemarotta: May 5 2012, 09:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Glad we're thinking the same wink.gif I'll be here man smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 8 2012, 03:31 PM
Cosmin,
just to keep you updated.
My next lesson with Ben will be on Power Chords, therefore at the moment I am at Bear Rose lesson on Power Chrods, Ben last lesson on staccato power chords and Gab's Clash style lesson, which has some staccato power chords so i thought it would fit.
I am doing, when I have time, Alex's Van Halen lesson, because I love riffs and that has a very nice riff. (see my take of the Intro at: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...howtopic=44220) . And today's Alex lesson is one of them that i bookmark for a "random" practice. So many things, I should concentrate in less things to do. I really think one lesson played fine is better than lots played so and so but GMC has too many temptations. I will try to post something in the REC.

Take care
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif dude! You seem very busy! biggrin.gif Good going! Yes, indeed, focusing on less stuff will bring on faster and better results. And what's even better, if you become good with a lesson, the skills acquired there will help you out on other quests as well wink.gif

keep up the good work man

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 9 2012, 10:03 PM
Hi Cosmin
I have a question on the lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/D-Minor-Bending/) by Laszlo that you suggested me.
On the video 3 he does a "picking exercise". He can pick 10th and 16th freets and seems that he anchors his 1st finger on the 10th fret. Should I try the same stretch (very hard but feasible with some exercise) or can I lift the first finger a bit?

Thanks in advance,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine,

I think that it would be easier that way smile.gif if you would lift the index off the 10th fret, you would make things a bit more difficult, so try and approach it the way Laszlo did in the video - let me know how it works wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 11 2012, 08:59 PM
Good evening Cosmin

it will take some time to play decently Laslo lesson. I will divide it in small part and post the video, unless you have a better idea.

Have a great week end,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine smile.gif I think it's a good idea, as this is the natural way to learn wink.gif give it a try and first thing get each piece clean and in good timing then try to play them together at 50% of the tempo

have a great weekend too

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 12 2012, 10:18 PM
Cosmin
hope you had a great tiime today, how was the sushi? (do you know my wife is Japanese?)

I did the video 1 and 2 of Laszlo lesson, and I recorded a short video.
Before that, a question. Actually a request of help. I have a lot to learn but I can see real improvement. I do not want to repeat the mistakes I did in the past jumping from lessons to lessons without learning. Can we write together a kind of plan (like a book index) so that i can be more focussed on what I am doing? It will help also to start learning my favourite tune (as an example, and only example, if we will study bending I know would be a great time to do some Gilmour, if we are doing chords with big stretch, is Andy Summers time and so on ). Please if you disagree, do not have time or just do not wish to do so, just let me know, no problem at all.
And this is the video:

Thanks a lot,
regards,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Hey there Carmine!

Of course we can do that wink.gif first thing, the take is building up, but you have a bit more work to do on the timing and especially on the bends which are not precise - try to reach the desired note, when bending, k? Slowly at first and focus on the exact sound. After being able to do that, focus on interpreting the bend smile.gif

Regarding the plan - I will write a post in my instructor's thread which is oriented in this exact direction, so that you and all the mentoring crew can benefit, k? Stay close and you'll see what I mean biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 15 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Cosmin, goodmorning.

Do you think it will be fine to attempt to tackle D Wallimann lesson an Gilmour style before completing Laszlo's lesson you suggested me?
The temptation to do what I like is too strong, but you are my mentor and will trust everything you suggest me.

Thanks in advance. have a very good day,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2012, 06:05 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine! smile.gif My friend, if you feel like the Walliman lesson is easier at this moment and you could go through it and obtain better results than the other one, you can go for it. But if that one is more difficult than Laszlo's lesson, try to finish this one with good results first smile.gif

Have you seen the Practice Journal I made for you guys? tongue.gif

We can use it for your practicing if you would like to be more organized wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 16 2012, 09:10 PM
Good evening Cosmin

thanks a lot for your message. yes, I have downloaded the excel file and will start use it to keep my practice I bit more organized.
Talking about this and to answer your message. I need to discuss something with you, a very important thing for my "guitar education". I have been studying guitar very hard these weeks. I need a bit of rest and decided to try a bunch of my favourite lessons here at GMC that I badly learnt before starting your mentoring, I have been a GMCer for a while. Just to have fun and also to check how much I really improved. During this period I will free to ask you questions, but do not feel obliged to answer and hopefully will post on the rec. After that we can restart the mentoring and want to move from my world of many style to concentrate really on what I want. Of course always from the beginner level. And I will try to be more "organized", I will lay down a lessons plan by myself (with your help).
As I said, I want to discuss this with you, for my your opinions, your suggestions are very valuable: my improvements are your merit.

Once again thanks and I wish you a good night. Kindest regards,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2012, 07:04 AM
Instructor
Carmine smile.gif mate, I will help out with anything you need. Just let me know on what you would like to go for and I will give you suggestions in those directions so that you may see progress and feel good about learning stuff that you like playing.

You are very hard working and that is YOUR MERIT not mine smile.gif I could've told you anything, but if you haven't practiced, there would've been no progress wink.gif

All the best man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 19 2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Cosmin
hope you are enjoying a grerat week end.
After few days of rest I realized I was having some "stress" (I put it in inverted comma since it was not a real stress but you, I hope, got the picture).
This was due to the recording. Sometimes I did not post a rec because of a very small mistake somewhere then I got tired and decided to post a record that was even worst. I guess I should go slowly and start recording only if I can play comfortably at at the full speed, not rushing to post.
Now, a question for you. Suppose I was writing the book "Carmine guitar journey". The last chapter would be the songs I want to learn. Which paragraph should I have in the first chapter (I will skip "how to hold the guitar" or "your first open chord" wink.gif )

Thanks a lot,
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Hey Carmine smile.gif yes I am man, just went to a dear friend's wedding last evening and we had a blast biggrin.gif

Regarding your statement - it is VERY correct wink.gif first play that lesson as relaxed as possible and then go for the REC biggrin.gif

As for the question wink.gif the answer is ample - first in order to learn a song, you need to be able to:

1) Be able to control the techniques used in it
2) Understand the song structure and rhythm and memorize the melodies and harmonies - if you can sing it, it means you know it. You know, I sometimes discover that I can sing almost note for note, a lot of instrumental songs from the greats, which I have listened to a lot - such as 'For the love of God' by Steve Vai. I can start a wager that I can sing that song's solo parts note for note biggrin.gif
3) Slowly internalize all the parts of the song by playing at a slow tempo
4) Put all the parts together and try to be technically correct when playing
5) Work on interpretation - play each note like it has to mean something

I think this is how I see it man - what are your thoughts on this?

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 20 2012, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:16 AM