2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Deal Of The Century!, ...if it's real.
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 5 2009, 03:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Having one of those cheap guitars bought of Ebay for almost nothing, I'm actually quite surprised about the sound of the thing. I have no idea where my guitar was produced in the world, or if the company was telling the truth, that they had the model on MusikerMesse in Frankfurt, or whatever it is called, and now was selling it in an auction starting at 1 euro. In all honesty I'm fine by it, as I got it cheaply, it plays and sounds fine (of course it's no $10000-guitar).

That said I have not in complete awareness had one of these fakies in my hands, so I don't know how they feel or play, but they could be all right. But unfortunately if they started a company of their own they probably wouldn't sell that well as trying to cheat people smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Mar 5 2009, 04:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 5 2009, 08:17 AM) *
Could be.. I assumed the neck was a fake too since i thought there were some oddities about the headstock, especially the logo.

The neck is definately fake too. Compare the flower pattern on the first fret of the real deal and the fake one.... the fake one has crooked leafs.... It's all wrong.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 5 2009, 05:36 PM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Mar 5 2009, 04:34 PM) *
The neck is definately fake too. Compare the flower pattern on the first fret of the real deal and the fake one.... the fake one has crooked leafs.... It's all wrong.

YUep I posted that in my `Warning ad` I`ve already got a few emails from kids thanking me because they were going to buy that guitar. smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Joruus
Mar 5 2009, 05:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats a pretty bad copy tongue.gif
On dutch sites they sell copys that look much more real for 300€

I saw so many of them when looking for a real one.. (more copys then real ones for sale mad.gif)
They did say in the add that its a copy, but still it has Ibanez logo and design and such, isn't that very illigal?
I don't get how they get away with this.

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 5 2009, 05:50 PM
it is illegal yes,

infact,

ibanez teamed up with a bunch of other brands to stop counterfeiting by shutting down a chain of counterfeit factories in china!

you can read about it here: http://forum.ibanez.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=74930

this one is really bad now that i had the chance to look at it carefully

but ive seen some (and so has my tech) that are spot on...

but they are spot on, play like one, sound like one, even have the same hardware like one, does that make it a copy? or a good deal ?

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 5 2009, 06:02 PM
QUOTE (Joruus @ Mar 5 2009, 05:45 PM) *
Thats a pretty bad copy tongue.gif
On dutch sites they sell copys that look much more real for 300€

I saw so many of them when looking for a real one.. (more copys then real ones for sale mad.gif)
They did say in the add that its a copy, but still it has Ibanez logo and design and such, isn't that very illigal?
I don't get how they get away with this.

No dude, it doesn`t that it`s a copy. I`ve fought with the guy over email to change it so it lets people know
and he said `No it`s real, but thanks for the heads up`. He`s just trying to pawn it off on some kid
blind over a good deal.

If he sells it as a copy for $700 good for him, but at least he would tell whoever buys it. The way he`s going it is so greasy.
I hate people like that.

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Mar 5 2009, 06:03 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:51 PM