Dominant Series Part I By Ramiro Delforte, My improvisation
coffeeman
Nov 26 2008, 11:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi guys,

here is an improvisation over Ramiro's lesson "Dominant series part I" , as ramiro explained on the lesson I used the A mixolidyan scale over the A7 chord, D mixolidyan over D7 chord and A superlocrian scale over A7 chord and so on.

Comments are more than welcome, thanks for watching.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Nov 27 2008, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Nice impro man!!! I'm glad you are using the concept of that lesson as well as the backing.

I think there are some points that will help you to develop new ideas:

- Try making intervalic lines, like going up in sixths, fourths, thirds
- Try to use the famous "approaching notes" that I've been doing in many lessons
- Try to watch some of my lessons to use arpeggios. If you analyze the kind of arpeggios that I use they are always comfortable to play.

So if you combine what you've got with those new elements I think you will expand your improvisational vocabulary.

Thanx again for posting the video. Keep'em comming biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
That's very nice coffeemate. I think you haven't really learned these scales properly there on the fretboard, so sometimes there are rhythmic issues when trying to play something, but in general I think you managed the impro pretty well mate. Well done.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Nov 28 2008, 05:31 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Nov 27 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Nice impro man!!! I'm glad you are using the concept of that lesson as well as the backing.

I think there are some points that will help you to develop new ideas:

- Try making intervalic lines, like going up in sixths, fourths, thirds
- Try to use the famous "approaching notes" that I've been doing in many lessons
- Try to watch some of my lessons to use arpeggios. If you analyze the kind of arpeggios that I use they are always comfortable to play.

So if you combine what you've got with those new elements I think you will expand your improvisational vocabulary.

Thanx again for posting the video. Keep'em comming biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice Ramiro , I'll use all of your tips and I'll upload a new improvisation a.s.a.p. Thanks again.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 27 2008, 02:38 PM) *
That's very nice coffeemate. I think you haven't really learned these scales properly there on the fretboard, so sometimes there are rhythmic issues when trying to play something, but in general I think you managed the impro pretty well mate. Well done.

Thanks Ivan , you're right I haven't learned very well the superlocrian(melodic minor) scale, I'll study it and come up with a new improv.

Thanks for the comment guys.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Nov 28 2008, 05:35 AM
Instructor
You are welcome man!

Be free to ask any questions smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:24 AM