12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Bascuthach's Bootcamp!, Let the Training Begin!
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2012, 02:47 AM
GMC:er
Well played Soldier! You are playing nice and brisk! As for marking your performance against our other brothers, keep in mind you are only in a PITCHED BATTLE against yourself! And I"m happy to say your fighting and winning!

One small note on tone. I can hear what your playing but it does sound kinda small in terms of tone. It's fine for our work hear as I just need to hear what your playing, not a Marshal Stack. What kind of amp are you using and what do you have available to you for your weapons of war? Also, do you have an audio interface? Or even an adapter to put your guitar cable in to your computer sound card? I'd like to be able to hear your palm muting and pick strikes a little bit better if at all possible. But these are pretty small concerns. Keep fighting!

On to the DEBRIEF! YOU JUST LEVELED UP SOLDIER!

MEDAL OF HONOR
-Good Precision
-Spiff Strikes
-Killer Speed

Congratulations Soldier! You are our first Warrior to see LEVEL 5!!!!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 24 2012, 02:06 AM) *
OK Mission 5, Here it is wink.gif

I notice I play faster than others, am i really that good? Dont get me wrong I know Im not Great wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 27 2012, 06:01 AM
Im using a Mini Tone Master by Fender, It has 2 speakers, I believe to be 2 inches each, perfect for my computer desk, I am using a web cam with a built in mic, on my other computer I have a sound card but the video has lag, I have 3 other amps, 2 are in a picture of mine, the 3rd one is smaller than those but has the same style, I also have access to a camera with video recording, I dont think Im palm muting

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2012, 03:10 AM
While the setup you are using with the micro/mini 2 inch speakers is fine if that's what works best. It's really hard to hear any bass as there isn't much to hear and thus I can't tell if your not palm muting which is something I'm trying to get everyone to do on these workouts as it helps separate notes and makes you practice muting while pick traversing strings. If possible, can you skip the mini me amp and just plug in to the computer where your web cam is and use something like Amplitude Free? That way you can create a full range recording and it will really help me get a better idea of what's being played.

Let me know if you have any questions about installing/using Amplitude 3 or what not. Onward!

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jun 27 2012, 01:01 AM) *
Im using a Mini Tone Master by Fender, It has 2 speakers, I believe to be 2 inches each, perfect for my computer desk, I am using a web cam with a built in mic, on my other computer I have a sound card but the video has lag, I have 3 other amps, 2 are in a picture of mine, the 3rd one is smaller than those but has the same style, I also have access to a camera with video recording, I dont think Im palm muting

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jul 20 2012, 02:56 PM
Here is Lesson 6, this was made right after lesson 5 so its not what you where looking for, demonstration for being able to play, I will work more on the palm muting

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2012, 04:01 PM
This is the other bit of tablature that will be added to the WIKI. Give it a look smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Jul 20 2012, 09:56 AM) *
Here is Lesson 6, this was made right after lesson 5 so its not what you where looking for, demonstration for being able to play, I will work more on the palm muting

Nicely done Soldier! I'm looking over the MISSION and I realize that I"ve only got tablature up for the starter bit. Watch the and you can see the next bit as well. I"ll put up the other Tab today!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 21 2012, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 15 2012, 11:43 PM
Cool Thanks, ok so what am I doing now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 16 2012, 03:10 AM
You gave me an idea so here it is biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 18 2012, 08:02 AM
Great job on the Guitar CAM! Give us a break down of your rig! The guitar sounds almost like nintendo or a guitar synth? It's an interesting tone for sure!

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 15 2012, 10:10 PM) *
You gave me an idea so here it is biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 15 2012, 06:43 PM) *
Cool Thanks, ok so what am I doing now?

You've got the hang of this lick, but play each note ascending and descending and you've got it!
Take one more look at the tablature.

Attached Image

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 18 2012, 08:03 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 18 2012, 09:46 PM
Direct sound through the sound card, Digitech rp50 custom sound

Here is my take at the second part

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Aug 18 2012, 10:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2012, 03:42 AM
Well fought Soldier! You got the idea on the single/double picking alternation and the pattern! So guess what! YOU LEVLED UP! AGAIN!

MEDAL OF HONOR
-Good Precision
-Spiff Strikes
-Killer Speed

Attached Image

I like that your trying new tones as well! On the RP50, can you tweak the Cabinet emulation presets? I don't know how many cabs are in it but the cabinet is the final bit in the chain typically to trick the ears in to thinking it's a real amp! Tone, like playing is a life long journey and I'm glad to see you trying new bits. Keep it up!

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 18 2012, 04:46 PM) *
Direct sound through the sound card, Digitech rp50 custom sound

Here is my take at the second part

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 24 2012, 11:20 PM
Moving on to Mission 7, I have worked hard on these and put time into them,
with a little practice one can become good, here is the next lesson biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 25 2012, 03:29 AM
Well fought Soldier! I can your playing improve in each and every Mission! Let's get to the debrief!

MEDAL of HONOR
1.)Nice right hand technique!
2.)High precision!
3.)High Speed!

In short soldier, your time spent in combat training is paying off in spades! You just LEVELED UP!!!!!!!

Attached Image

Making you our HIGHEST RANKING SOLDIER!!

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 24 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Moving on to Mission 7, I have worked hard on these and put time into them,
with a little practice one can become good, here is the next lesson biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 25 2012, 03:36 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 26 2012, 12:45 AM
ok here is lesson 8

and here is lesson 124d at 240 BPM

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Aug 26 2012, 12:45 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Sep 2 2012, 12:42 AM
Lesson 125a at 300BPM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 2 2012, 03:50 AM
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Sep 1 2012, 07:42 PM) *
Lesson 125a at 300BPM

NIcely done Soldier! Economic picking seems to agree with ya! It really is a great secret of serious precision/speed!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 2 2012, 04:39 AM
MISSION 8 DEBRIEF

Congratulations Soldier, you continue to show great progress and display the benefits of ardent practice. Someday, both you and I will be able to keep up with GRACE in chat. But until then, we have to earn it!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Good Speed
3.)Blood on the fretboard from ardent practice

SOLDIER! IT IS WITH GREAT PRICE THAT I HEREBY AWARD YOU OUR FIRST

LEVEL 8!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 25 2012, 07:45 PM) *
ok here is lesson 8

and here is lesson 124d at 240 BPM

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 1 2012, 11:38 PM) *
MISSION 8 DEBRIEF

Congratulations Soldier, you continue to show great progress and display the benefits of ardent practice. Someday, both you and I will be able to keep up with GRACE in chat. But until then, we have to earn it!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Clean Strikes
2.)Good Speed
3.)Blood on the fretboard from ardent practice

SOLDIER! IT IS WITH GREAT PRICE THAT I HEREBY AWARD YOU OUR FIRST

LEVEL 8!!!!!

And well played on the other lesson examples as well!!!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 16 2012, 06:56 PM
here is Misson 9

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2012, 05:23 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SOLDIER! You just made the grade! You have officially .....

LEVELED UP!!!!!!

MEDAL OF HONOR

1.)Good Speed
2.)Clean Strikes
3.)Consistent fretting.
4.)Effective use of the weakest link in the chain (The Pinky!)

You are again to be Honored with our

HIGHEST RANKING BADGE IN ALL OF BOOTCAMP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Oct 16 2012, 01:56 PM) *
here is Misson 9

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 21 2012, 05:24 AM

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 4 2012, 12:12 AM
lesson 134

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2012, 03:56 AM
Nicely done Soldier! You are playing these licks like an old pro and we just learned this on Saturday! Good form and good feel and good speed and good precision! Nice pinky work best of all! Good stuff soldier!

Todd

QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 3 2012, 06:12 PM) *
lesson 134

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 6 2012, 06:15 AM

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 PM