Hmm,I'm not so sure. [ 9 ] ** [11.84%]
What?,You're joking,right? [ 14 ] ** [18.42%]
Total Votes: 76
Guests cannot vote 
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 02:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 30 2008, 01:16 PM) *
lets see, a guy who devotes himself to helping the most suffer of people in the world is a prick. right.

years ago, i was a banker. there was guy guy i had heard of, that is what people said about him. later I got to know him. the director of marketing told me that in the annual charity drive, he donated more money than all the top 12 smiling glad handing good old boy top execs combined. that has been my general observation, the people that are most willing to actually put out and help people, are the ones called a prick. the ones that won't do anything for anybody, everybody loves them, they smile so nice.

Make Bono History biggrin.gif

He is a hypocrite. He has enough money to help out those who suffer but he never gives anything from his own money. But he spends thousands of pounds on shipping his hat to a gig which he accidentally left at home.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
silentkap
Jan 30 2008, 02:51 PM
you look a little like bono wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
i go where the guitar takes me

+Quote Post
seagull
Jan 30 2008, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 30 2008, 02:16 PM) *
lets see, a guy who devotes himself to helping the most suffer of people in the world is a prick. right.

years ago, i was a banker. there was guy guy i had heard of, that is what people said about him. later I got to know him. the director of marketing told me that in the annual charity drive, he donated more money than all the top 12 smiling glad handing good old boy top execs combined. that has been my general observation, the people that are most willing to actually put out and help people, are the ones called a prick. the ones that won't do anything for anybody, everybody loves them, they smile so nice.

edit: there is nobody in this business who I admire more than Bono, a sincerely dedicated man, has dome more to help the really suffering of mankind than any of them, by a long shot. I once watched an interview with him on Oreilly (in the days before I killed my tv in disgust). He is careful to make no enemies on either side, unlike a lot of entertainers who are looking more for attention than to really help people. he knows that he needs all the friends he can get regardless of political ideology to help those he has tried to help. a truly admirable man in my book.

I'm glad you added that last sentence, because he truly isn't in my book. I am not very fond of him, but be that as it may. After all, we are allowed to have different opinions, and I sure as hell ain't gonna spend my time debating whether or not he is a prick or not. Especially not on a guitar forum. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 30 2008, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Some fire on thread AND a funny statements laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Jan 30 2008, 06:47 PM
Haha I've realized this before also! It's true, they are identical. Haha!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 30 2008, 06:50 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hmmm, I can see why this may have been said to you but ... I`m not so sure smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
napsternova
Jan 30 2008, 06:51 PM
Well, now that you mention it Muris? lol

--------------------
--- Jump in with both feet and hopefully you don't land on your head---

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 30 2008, 11:16 PM
Instructor
Hahha, this thread is so funny! biggrin.gif laugh.gif but honestly yeah, you do look like Bono a little bit.. although you are a lot better guitarist than he is!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Jan 30 2008, 11:20 PM
I always thought you looked a lot like him, but until now I just thought I was crazy. Apparently, I'm not the only one. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Jan 30 2008, 11:20 PM

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Jan 30 2008, 11:20 PM
I think you look like Bono a little bit. But Bono's a tool. and you're not....

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 30 2008, 11:21 PM
Instructor
i dont think saw ..any way you are muris our felow and friend ,thats the important things

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 30 2008, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Dejan @ Jan 30 2008, 05:55 AM) *
Maybe if you put sun glasses laugh.gif

Honestly, I don't see the similarities, other than hair smile.gif

People use to tell me that I look like Harry Potter unsure.gif

I've had some people tell me that too blink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 30 2008, 11:29 PM
Dude! you look like bono!!! sweet!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 30 2008, 11:40 PM
Oh man why did you create this thread? Now when I see your lessons I will think of Bono. I never even thought that ohmy.gif laugh.gif ! Do you have a Bono pick? laugh.gif
I have to admit, that picture posted does look similar.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 02:11 AM
Instructor
At least you have some fun with the thread and I'm gonna keep pretending I'm Bono laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
JukeboxHero
Jan 31 2008, 02:24 AM
Hmmm...there is a lot of resemblence. I always wanted to start this thread but I never got to it. By the way I think Bono is an awesome guy. I don't know to many other musicians today that actually try to give back to the world. Anyway I think is a great guy and I think all the other suffering CHILDREN and parents think the same thing. Again just my opinion and the opinion of about more than a million people.

--------------------
Look left------->-------------->------------>-----------> I said left!!!!!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 31 2008, 02:28 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
lol i never noticed this before, you kinda do yeah laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Jan 31 2008, 02:33 AM
[attachment=4152:Sir_Muri..._or_Bono.jpg]

You be the judge, GMC. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Jan 31 2008, 02:37 AM
No way blink.gif youre too cool to look like bono

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 31 2008, 02:41 AM
Instructor
Guess I need large sunglasses to do the trick laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:11 AM