2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Chris Broderick And Shawn Drover Leave Megadeth
Socky42
Nov 27 2014, 12:51 AM
GMC:er
In a statement on his official blog, Broderick cited artistic differences for his departure:

"Due to artistic and musical differences, it is with great reluctance that I announce my departure from Megadeth to pursue my own musical direction. I want all of you to know how much I appreciate the amount that you the fans have accepted and respected me as a member of Megadeth for the last seven years, but it is time for me to move on. I wish Dave and everyone in Megadeth all the best. I am working on a few things of my own and hope that when they come out, you will all dig it.

"Until then,

"Chris. \m/"

Drover released the following statement: "After 10 years, I have decided to quit Megadeth to pursue my own musical interests.

"I want to thank Dave Mustaine and the entire Megadeth family, as well as thanking all the amazing Megadeth fans around the world! I truly appreciate all of you.

"Stay tuned for info on my next musical journey."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Nov 27 2014, 06:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
well 2 people leaving at the same time says alot

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 27 2014, 10:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Chris really must want to use that 7th string!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 27 2014, 11:11 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 27 2014, 09:47 AM) *
Chris really must want to use that 7th string!

biggrin.gif

I always thought he wasn't doing 100% there although he is more of a band guy rather than doing solo albums. Also after listening the recent albums I felt too much mustain on the songs, felt like no diplomacy in the band as they were treated like hired musicians.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2014, 02:50 AM
WOW. How much of a horror must Dave have to be to chase off half of his band in one go while they are doing STADIUMS. Egad.

I must say, if i was on a stadium tour, I think I could chew glass and or nails every night for the rest of my life, rather than quit. This was Chris's first BIG deal/tour/band. For him to just drop it, I can't even imagine what is going on inside the band.

It's true he was a hired gun. It's true Dave treats everyone like crap, Dave has issues. It's also true that he was being seriously restrained in order to not make Dave look bad on stage. Chris is a MONSTER player. Dave has always been a good player. Chris is in an entirely different league imho. Still, Dave is a "Legend" so.......

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 29 2014, 08:49 PM
Situation could be financial too...

Even though we'll probably know what happened a long time later, seems everyone feels the same as the founding members are probably to be blamed for the situation. To be honest I'm happy they left, specially for Chris as the guy is in his golden era and was stuck in there for a while now.

Dave on the other hand...huge respect but not expecting much to happen on his side till he retires.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2014, 07:03 PM
Instructor
Does anyone remember that vid I posted of Chris and George Lynch some time ago ? Chris's demeanour totally changed when they started talking about Megadeth from 7:37 in the 2nd episode (further down the page)He suddenly seemed nervous and unsure. I think he's been unhappy for a long time. He's a good person, you can just tell, and nice people probably don't cope too well in a band like Megadeth.

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2014/06/metalhea...XG9Q8p_su0423wg

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Nov 30 2014, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 1 2014, 11:17 PM
Instructor
I think it could be same as many of my friends had. You go to a famous band. You hope You will bring a piece of You into the band...but what the band and audience expect is to keep it the way it was....the way it has been loved by people. Maybe Chris wanted to make a step further, but was limited by the style of Megadeth. I think if Kirk Hammet could choose different path he would be playing a blues-rock since many years. You can hear in all his solos that bluesy touch....but they have build something that people want to get as it is...
I would not blame anyone...things are much more complex than we can imagine

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2014, 11:41 PM
I'd like to be able to agree but I blame Dave. smile.gif It's no secret that he's just a terror to deal with and that he's chased every decent guitar player he has ever had out of his band to the point where they refuse to play with him anymore. I don't know what he does to people but it has to be awful.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 1 2014, 06:17 PM) *
I think it could be same as many of my friends had. You go to a famous band. You hope You will bring a piece of You into the band...but what the band and audience expect is to keep it the way it was....the way it has been loved by people. Maybe Chris wanted to make a step further, but was limited by the style of Megadeth. I think if Kirk Hammet could choose different path he would be playing a blues-rock since many years. You can hear in all his solos that bluesy touch....but they have build something that people want to get as it is...
I would not blame anyone...things are much more complex than we can imagine

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 1 2014, 11:46 PM
Instructor
So might be a little misunderstanding smile.gif In fact we do agree. I wasn't defending Dave. I was just trying to underline the very shallow reasons of this to happen smile.gif Of course....it is always somebodys fault wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2014, 06:35 AM
My bad! Now I get ya! smile.gif We are on the same page. I look forward to see what happens next smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 1 2014, 06:46 PM) *
So might be a little misunderstanding smile.gif In fact we do agree. I wasn't defending Dave. I was just trying to underline the very shallow reasons of this to happen smile.gif Of course....it is always somebodys fault wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 2 2014, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Who do You bet to replace Chris ?biggrin.gif Ben Higgins ?: D

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2014, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Dec 2 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Who do You bet to replace Chris ?biggrin.gif Ben Higgins ?: D

laugh.gif

Dave wouldn't work with a Brit..... or an unknown, not at this stage. Too inconvenient. tongue.gif

In most big bands these days they always go with someone they already know from the industry. Sadly, I think the days are gone where a (relatively) unknown player would get a shot at a big gig like Ozzy etc..

But we all wanna see Menza and Friedman back.. even though we know it's not going to happen. But I would LOVE to be wrong about that - I think we all would.

I'd also love to see Poland in the lead guitar slot as well but again, it's just a fan's dream.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 3 2014, 01:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Everyone blames Dave, but come on, he is the Boss, he has to make the big decisions and you can't second guess were it has taken his band.
Feelings get hurt when the Boss has to do that ,doesn't everybody complain about there boss, thats not being an ass, that's doing your job. I am a little disappointed in you all making a character assassination based on here say ( like you can get the facts thru a short/ one sided interview). Lets see what the facts are. He has made good choices,regarding songs , band directions, musicians for said band that has brought him and many other musicians fame and fortune. I wish I had some of his knowledge wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2014, 04:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 3 2014, 01:59 PM) *
Everyone blames Dave, but come on, he is the Boss, he has to make the big decisions and you can't second guess were it has taken his band.
Feelings get hurt when the Boss has to do that ,doesn't everybody complain about there boss, thats not being an ass, that's doing your job. I am a little disappointed in you all making a character assassination based on here say ( like you can get the facts thru a short/ one sided interview). Lets see what the facts are. He has made good choices,regarding songs , band directions, musicians for said band that has brought him and many other musicians fame and fortune. I wish I had some of his knowledge wink.gif

It is easy to make assumptions about other people in the limelight. Being a leader is a very difficult and often thankless task when you get blamed for everything. My opinion (and opinions are worthless, I know that) has been formed over years of observation, not this story but yes, we only ever know part of the picture.

I think Dave is quite narcissistic which is a character trait I don't like but he's written some of the best riffs and songs of all time. I hope they come back with a killer album !!

+Quote Post
Mith
Dec 4 2014, 04:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think its more history has dictated what probably happened internally with the band. And yeah he might be the "Boss" but there are plenty of other "bosses" of bands that have had to make hard decisions and not constantly have members wanting to leave. I'm personally not a huge Megadeth fan. No part of it really blew my mind, I feel Dave found a formula that worked and has used the same formula since the 80's.

New members come in and realise how tight this formula is and feel the need to explore their art and connot do it in that band. Its the typical story of people joining already large bands.

I exspect big things from Chris and shawn but honestly I exspect Dave to do what he has always done some will see that as great and some will see that as stale.

End of the day I don't think people are "judging" Dave or anyone. They just go off the facts that history has pointed out. There are alot of people to point out problems with Dave (not saing they are all true but the volume says something). I've been in bands with people that are alot like Dave. Regardless to say but I'm not longer in bands with people that have those attributes.

If Dave sees himself as the boss and other members as employees I don't think he will ever find a great guitarist. Just one that will play for a while, get a bit of a name for himself and leave.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2014, 05:23 PM
I love ya bud but lets be honest here, he's chased out every decent player he has ever had and done so to the point where they really don't want to go back. The results sorta speak for themselves. sad.gif

But putting that aside, I"m still a megadeth fan and a fan of Dave's playing/writing. There are lots of folks whose music I like, but who seem to be semi intolerable as people. Such is life wink.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 3 2014, 08:59 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 4 2014, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 5 2014, 03:43 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 3 2014, 04:24 PM) *
I think Dave is quite narcissistic which is a character trait I don't like but he's written some of the best riffs and songs of all time. I hope they come back with a killer album !!

without a doubt. I just think it in a necessary ( to a certain degree) trait that a good leader has to have. Trump, Gates, Warren, when the buck stops with you, you do what you think is right. Who would and does get the blame for a suck-filled album

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 4 2014, 05:23 PM) *
I love ya bud but lets be honest here, he's chased out every decent player he has ever had and done so to the point where they really don't want to go back. The results sorta speak for themselves. sad.gif

But putting that aside, I"m still a megadeth fan and a fan of Dave's playing/writing. There are lots of folks whose music I like, but who seem to be semi intolerable as people. Such is life wink.gif

may you never be on the wrong end of a jury that can convict with such evidence wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2014, 04:16 PM
I hope I'm not on the wrong end of a Jury at all! smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 4 2014, 10:43 PM) *
without a doubt. I just think it in a necessary ( to a certain degree) trait that a good leader has to have. Trump, Gates, Warren, when the buck stops with you, you do what you think is right. Who would and does get the blame for a suck-filled album

may you never be on the wrong end of a jury that can convict with such evidence wink.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 6 2014, 02:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 5 2014, 04:16 PM) *
I hope I'm not on the wrong end of a Jury at all! smile.gif

I have witnesses , what you call " Easy Sundays"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:56 AM