Reaper Bpm Query
Phil66
Nov 2 2015, 09:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone,

If I put a backing track into Reaper 5 and forget to set the BPM first is it possible to change the BPM within Reaper without changing the speed of the imported media file? I find that if the track is 80bpm but Reaper is set to 100bpm when I import it and I then change it to 80bpm, the track itself is slow.

Any ideas?

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 2 2015, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 2 2015, 04:50 PM) *
Hello everyone,

If I put a backing track into Reaper 5 and forget to set the BPM first is it possible to change the BPM within Reaper without changing the speed of the imported media file? I find that if the track is 80bpm but Reaper is set to 100bpm when I import it and I then change it to 80bpm, the track itself is slow.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hello there sir!

Easiest way to do this is.

1. Select the track.
2. Use the menu at the top and select "ITEM"
3. Then "ITEM PROPERTIES" (on a PC you can just hit "F2")
4. Look for "Take Properties" make sure the "playback rate is set to 1.00"
5. Enjoy and have some fun!

Have a great day!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 3 2015, 02:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
I don't think so. I always create the correct tempo before i load anything

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 3 2015, 07:15 AM
Thank you gentlemen, I'll look into the item properties thing this evening. I always forget to set the tempo first rolleyes.gif It's not a major problem just a bit of a ball ache dry.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2015, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Unfortunately I don't use Reaper so I can't help you with this. Let's see if any other GMCers who uses this software can help you. I have to say that the normal thing would be that changing tempo doesn't affect your audio's bpm.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 3 2015, 06:24 PM
Hmmm had a quick look but couldn't find that setting, probably best to ask at reaper forum...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 3 2015, 11:09 PM
I couldn't find "take properties" either sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Nov 4 2015, 01:06 PM
Round 2! FIGHT!

I guess I'll step up my game! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 6 2015, 03:38 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Nov 4 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Round 2! FIGHT!

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2015, 10:05 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Nov 4 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Round 2! FIGHT!

Perfect thank you. Sorry it took a while to get back to you but I've been wasting shed loads of time on tone seeking rolleyes.gif

Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2015, 08:36 PM
Ok it worked for my last one but it doesn't work for the backing track download from THIS lesson for some reason.

It's not a major issue, I'll just have to stop being a dingbat and forgetting to alter the BPM before I import rolleyes.gif

Any ideas why it doesn't work for all tracks?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:36 AM