Starting To Notice Small Improvements With My Ear!
Jesse
Oct 17 2008, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
This is great, I remember when I just started playing I played with my friend in the worst band ever;) And we were playing green day's jesus of suburbia and I had so much trouble reminding only like 3 chords:D I played it now... BTW (American idiot is great to improvise over) Now I listend to the song... never palyed the rest before.. after like 2 chords I heard I could play along.. BY EAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 17 2008, 07:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations mate !! smile.gif You will definitly see those improvements over time so you will be able to get down more complicated stuff - by ear ! Good job so far! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 17 2008, 07:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 17 2008, 07:11 PM) *
This is great, I remember when I just started playing I played with my friend in the worst band ever;) And we were playing green day's jesus of suburbia and I had so much trouble reminding only like 3 chords:D I played it now... BTW (American idiot is great to improvise over) Now I listend to the song... never palyed the rest before.. after like 2 chords I heard I could play along.. BY EAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work and take care of your ear (wash it , take regular baths etc haha just kidding smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 17 2008, 09:24 PM
Instructor
wow, that is really a big improvement man! Congratulations, and keep rockin, if you could play that song by ear, there are many songs that you can play by ear as well. You're on your way to become a musician smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 18 2008, 07:20 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 17 2008, 10:24 PM) *
wow, that is really a big improvement man! Congratulations, and keep rockin, if you could play that song by ear, there are many songs that you can play by ear as well. You're on your way to become a musician smile.gif

.... I already am....... am I not?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Oct 18 2008, 07:52 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 18 2008, 08:20 PM) *
.... I already am....... am I not?

I guess Ivan wanted to say "an Accomplished musician" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 18 2008, 08:03 PM
You should never use your ear,use a pick tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 18 2008, 08:09 PM
I lol'd

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 18 2008, 09:47 PM
Congrats, man.

I can remember the sensation when I my ear started improving fast. It was not long ago actually.

I play guitar since I was 8, but only recently I went serious about it. And somehow my ear just start improving (without any specific action towards it). So, I used to think I simply did not have this "gift" while it is actually that we build up.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 18 2008, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Congrats Jesse,ears are much important in being musician,
and with every day you'll upgrade this ability even more,
once you start,there is no going back. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Oct 18 2008, 10:08 PM
Instructor
congrats Jesse. you are woking good

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:16 PM