> Wolfenstein Youngblood
Todd Simpson
post Jul 31 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

This game was crazy fun. I meant to play for a few minutes and ended up doing the entire campaign in 2 days. You play as one of two sisters who are daughters of the hero from the last game. Teamwork makes the dream work!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2019, 01:11 AM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.329

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 31 2019, 11:23 PM) *
This game was crazy fun. I meant to play for a few minutes and ended up doing the entire campaign in 2 days. You play as one of two sisters who are daughters of the hero from the last game. Teamwork makes the dream work!

I should probably start with Wolfenstein 3D and move one by one to know what is going on there.

I like how co-op is trending among the new games but I can only play these with my younger brother, if he's interested in it. And we both don't have much time to play games lately.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 1 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

3D is a fun retro game so sure why not smile.gif But honestly you could just jump in anywhere and they still are wads of fun. The older ones are much cheaper now as they dont have much beyond the campaign. I saw new blood for $10 used at gamestop.

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 31 2019, 08:11 PM) *
I should probably start with Wolfenstein 3D and move one by one to know what is going on there.

I like how co-op is trending among the new games but I can only play these with my younger brother, if he's interested in it. And we both don't have much time to play games lately.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2019, 11:57 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 07:57 AM) *
3D is a fun retro game so sure why not smile.gif But honestly you could just jump in anywhere and they still are wads of fun. The older ones are much cheaper now as they dont have much beyond the campaign. I saw new blood for $10 used at gamestop.

GOG.com launched W3D and Return to Castle of WOlfenstein some time ago and they are both cheap and DRM-free, so I might give these a try and see if I like the series.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 1 2019, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Those are very very retro games. They are always fun smile.gif But they are really a far cry from the new versions of the games. I like old games smile.gif But these new ones are really a different experience. The originals didn't have a lot of "story" in them where the new ones are almost like a movie that you can play your way through. The only bad thing is that the new ones require a console or gaming pc to run properly where the first two can be played on a phone or tablet which is handy!
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2019, 06:57 AM) *
GOG.com launched W3D and Return to Castle of WOlfenstein some time ago and they are both cheap and DRM-free, so I might give these a try and see if I like the series.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2019, 11:48 PM
Post #6

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 09:49 PM) *
Those are very very retro games. They are always fun smile.gif But they are really a far cry from the new versions of the games. I like old games smile.gif But these new ones are really a different experience. The originals didn't have a lot of "story" in them where the new ones are almost like a movie that you can play your way through. The only bad thing is that the new ones require a console or gaming pc to run properly where the first two can be played on a phone or tablet which is handy!

My first FPS was Medal of Honor 1 and 2 I had on PSX, then TPS, Syphon Filter. I liked old MoH but they are nowhere to be seen. GOG offers Allied and Pacific Assault and I'm considering playing these at some point. I like that thing about old games where some things are unspoken and I get stuck until I figure out the way myself. SW Jedi Outcast was a lot like that too and the difficulty levels in it are seriously overtuned, even 15 years after playing it for the first time.

I played "Return..." for a while while dad was away from PC but all I remember is something scared my socks off and I quit. What can I say, I was about 8-9 years old then biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 2 2019, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

There are a lot of options these days with great games on mobile devices, PC, etc. One doesn't need a console system anymore to find fun game thankfully. I have noticed that the chat on PS4 seems dominated by very very young people and it can get tedious after a while so I've turned chat off entirely and just mute all the other players. I prefer campaign games these days as I don't have to assemble a squad of people to play. That's what I hate about Destiny 2, that you have to have a group of 4 people just to get through some of the levels. Sometimes It's late, and I just want to game a little before bed, I don't wanna have to recruit a team and then deal with them. That's what I like about the recent wolfenstein games, really cool campaigns. It's a bit of a fading art. The latest version of COD had NO CAMPAIGN at all! Just multi player. Also, I really don't enjoy battle royale games (the waiting after one dies is just tedious imho) which are wildly popular now. So I'm glad there are still some cool games with campaign mode smile.gif Batman Arkham Knight was a killer game and I don't like batman games typically. But, it had a huge world and the campaign was great fun.

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2019, 06:48 PM) *
My first FPS was Medal of Honor 1 and 2 I had on PSX, then TPS, Syphon Filter. I liked old MoH but they are nowhere to be seen. GOG offers Allied and Pacific Assault and I'm considering playing these at some point. I like that thing about old games where some things are unspoken and I get stuck until I figure out the way myself. SW Jedi Outcast was a lot like that too and the difficulty levels in it are seriously overtuned, even 15 years after playing it for the first time.

I played "Return..." for a while while dad was away from PC but all I remember is something scared my socks off and I quit. What can I say, I was about 8-9 years old then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 12:25 AM