Network Win10 Problem
Phil66
May 25 2017, 09:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

Trying to network two Windows 10 Pro machines. I;ve got this far but am now stuck unsure.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE:

I was getting the same with the laptop but now on the Laptop when I try to view my desktop I get this. And I've changed nothing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 25 2017, 09:34 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2017, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
not a wiindows guy as you know, but it looks like it's just asking for your login credentials for the machine your connecting too? Did you give dropbox a try? It just sort of works and can save you a lot of windows related headaches.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 25 2017, 04:27 PM) *
Hello folks,

Trying to network two Windows 10 Pro machines. I;ve got this far but am now stuck unsure.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE:

I was getting the same with the laptop but now on the Laptop when I try to view my desktop I get this. And I've changed nothing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 26 2017, 07:25 PM
Yes buddy, I've sorted OneDrive out. I get storage and Office 365 for a few quid a month. I just didn't know how to sync single folders. My main machine syncs the entire D: my laptop just syncs my guitar stuff.

I did post an update in the other thread.

Cheers buddy

UPDATE:

I've now also sorted the networking wink.gif My user name is my full name, I was only putting in "Phil" DOH huh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 26 2017, 08:27 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 26 2017, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear smile.gif Yeah, the Office things is just about the same thing as drop box. Basically cloud storage which is very handy. Synchs to as many machines as you like. Also very handy for things like rendering out a video once you finish the edit, and then switching to the other machine to kep recording and such. smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 26 2017, 02:25 PM) *
Yes buddy, I've sorted OneDrive out. I get storage and Office 365 for a few quid a month. I just didn't know how to sync single folders. My main machine syncs the entire D: my laptop just syncs my guitar stuff.

I did post an update in the other thread.

Cheers buddy

UPDATE:

I've now also sorted the networking wink.gif My user name is my full name, I was only putting in "Phil" DOH huh.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 26 2017, 10:31 PM
It's great but, BUT, I must remember to turn off the LianLi when I record wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2017, 05:20 AM
Yup smile.gif There's that!!! Those are nice cases but yeah, they can be a bit noisey for recording. Great for game rigs though!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 26 2017, 05:31 PM) *
It's great but, BUT, I must remember to turn off the LianLi when I record wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 27 2017, 09:21 AM
The Lian Li is my self build pc that gives me all that horrible interference. I don't know what component or components are giving the interference but I ain't gonna waste a bunch of time and money trying to find out smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 29 2017, 05:39 PM
Smart move IMHO. You can go crazy trying to trace a noise in a build. It's often just far less stress to try another option. I'm glad the laptop seems to be going well smile.gif The Lian Li cases are nice cases. I'm sure the bits are nice too. Very hard to tell how a self build will go in terms of noise as the bits were meant to work together but were not all meant to work quietly. It's part of why you see so many Macs in studios, as it's a closed system with limited options so there is not much variation in the built and they are often quite quiet. Except for the towers when the fans get going. Sounds like a jet. Which is why many studios that use towers put them in another room or a sound proof little cabinet.
Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 27 2017, 04:21 AM) *
The Lian Li is my self build pc that gives me all that horrible interference. I don't know what component or components are giving the interference but I ain't gonna waste a bunch of time and money trying to find out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 29 2017, 07:49 PM
Physically it is pretty quiet, but rfi is crazy on it. It used to be really really quiet when I had liquid cooling by Aqua Computer, CPU and Graphics card liquid cooled, very very quite.

The bloody network is failing again. One machine, the LianLi is saying "no network found" and the laptop, can see the LianLi but says teh credentials are wrong when I know they are the same as before.

I think I'll stick to the OneDrive solution. Not as quick but hey ho, I've lost most of this week sorting it all out mad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2017, 06:17 PM
At some point, you just gotta go with what works smile.gif OneDrive is a lot like dropbox which is something that wads of folks in music production use to keep their projects always backed up in "the cloud" and always accessible from any computer they own. Just too handy to be without smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 29 2017, 02:49 PM) *
Physically it is pretty quiet, but rfi is crazy on it. It used to be really really quiet when I had liquid cooling by Aqua Computer, CPU and Graphics card liquid cooled, very very quite.

The bloody network is failing again. One machine, the LianLi is saying "no network found" and the laptop, can see the LianLi but says teh credentials are wrong when I know they are the same as before.

I think I'll stick to the OneDrive solution. Not as quick but hey ho, I've lost most of this week sorting it all out mad.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 6 2017, 09:00 PM
Had lots of little bugs with this machine, decided to clean install Win10, it came with lots of bloatware, I upgraded to Pro but I think there were many inherent bugs mad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2017, 02:20 PM
Never fun sad.gif If you ever get the chance, you might try the "hackintosh" route, so you can still use pc hardware and still use logic smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 6 2017, 04:00 PM) *
Had lots of little bugs with this machine, decided to clean install Win10, it came with lots of bloatware, I upgraded to Pro but I think there were many inherent bugs mad.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:53 AM