Holding Pick
peterorg54
Sep 25 2007, 10:32 AM
GMC:er
well. kris.. im a beginner,so i watched some of ur beginner lessons..

and u said pick should be holded by some angles...

well.. i tried and im trying .. but i cant get any loud sounds from angle holded..

well, i can get loud sounds from very thin picks..

but i cant get loud sounds from like just picks.. or some heavy picks...

what should i do? sad.gif

and one more question..

what pick do you use ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 25 2007, 06:31 PM
GMC Founder
I use black jazz 3 picks:

What do you mean when you say you wnat to achieve a loud note? Do you mean an artificial harmonic?

Perhaps you mean that it doesn't sound good when you angle the pick - are you perhaps angling to much, or attempting to play a little too fast?

Kris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
peterorg54
Sep 26 2007, 08:48 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 25 2007, 10:31 AM) *
I use black jazz 3 picks:

What do you mean when you say you wnat to achieve a loud note? Do you mean an artificial harmonic?

Perhaps you mean that it doesn't sound good when you angle the pick - are you perhaps angling to much, or attempting to play a little too fast?

Kris

well. never mind... smile.gif

i have no idea why i couldnt do that, but for some reason, now i can... tongue.gif

and is this the one u use ??

im going to try it out . tongue.gif

http://www.zzounds.com/item--DNP47P3

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 2 2007, 05:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Kris,
I have the same problem as peterorg54 describes....
and i can go pretty fast with playing the normal way( with that i mean the way that i am used to) but when i angle the pick my finger hits the string too....
and i have another question: should you keep your wrist hand leaning on the guitar or should it be hanging in the air somewhere in front of the guitar?

Thanks,
Lester

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 5 2007, 07:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Lester @ Oct 2 2007, 06:56 AM) *
Hey Kris,
I have the same problem as peterorg54 describes....
and i can go pretty fast with playing the normal way( with that i mean the way that i am used to) but when i angle the pick my finger hits the string too....
and i have another question: should you keep your wrist hand leaning on the guitar or should it be hanging in the air somewhere in front of the guitar?

Thanks,
Lester

I think themain guideline should be to strive for whatever way that allows you to play relaxed and comfortable.

The picking licks which I can play relaxed are the ones I can use when improvising. The other ones are a part of my practice routine... smile.gif

Strive for relaxation - sounds pretty good doesn't it...? smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 6 2007, 04:36 PM
Learning Roadie
That sure does sounds good laugh.gif
thanks for the help AND for the site, i did not know i could improve that fast smile.gif

+Quote Post
Webside
Oct 10 2007, 10:06 AM
hehe you use the same pick as micael angeo batio:D:D

he is fast. but is it a good pick thou??

+Quote Post
Dansol
Oct 11 2007, 04:47 AM
I used the Jaz 3's for a bit but im still abit clumbsy so hit my fingers on the strings when playing, I find The Dunlop Nylon picks have the same feel but abit larger.

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 11 2007, 05:13 AM
QUOTE (Dansol @ Oct 10 2007, 11:47 PM) *
I used the Jaz 3's for a bit but im still abit clumbsy so hit my fingers on the strings when playing, I find The Dunlop Nylon picks have the same feel but abit larger.

but u are lucky guys rolleyes.gif becouse when i'm trying do the right angle like kris here

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/speed-alt...ing-lesson1.htm

im heard like 100% more bad sound till i'm do that bacward huh.gif but i'm don't wanna do bacward becouse thats gonna damage my thumb and also i'm don;t like it wink.gif

but i'm kind of lost becouse i'm do try like thousand ways and holding positions but the angle still sound more bad like the backward angle

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 27 2007, 03:44 AM
i'm buy the jazz 3 pick..thats cool pick but hes kind of smaal{the power chords make me trouble}...but after couple day i'm ok with him rolleyes.gif

i'm find so cool look pick rolleyes.gif http://www.wirething.com/press/wirething-hi-res.jpg

but the pick probaly gonna destroy the string laugh.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 27 2007, 05:01 AM
I play two ways with my pick these days, when I'm doing faster alternate picking I feel its easier to switch to Pavel's fist method with the minimum amount of wrist movement possible, but when I'm doing more rhythmic chords and power chords etc I feel it more comfortable to use the method Kris does in that video.

I cant use the really stubby/really thin plectrums these days - I much prefer 1.14mm dunlops although thin picks helped me out in the beginning to get the wrist movement right!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:14 PM