pull-off, pull-off......problems
lee
Jan 23 2007, 08:26 AM
GMC:er
I could use some help with pull-offs.Anytime i pull-off on any string other than
e-string #1 i hit the next string .I've tried not pulling down as hard,but then
the note don't sound as loud as i would like it to.What am i doing wrong?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 23 2007, 08:33 AM
Instructor
You'll get the feeling with time - it is not all about strenght - actually when playing you must be relaxed as much as possible. Just keep on practicing pull-offs and you'll notice the progress after 2 days.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Jan 25 2007, 09:51 AM
I may not be qualified to answer this since I am a newbie, but let me add my 2 cents anyway smile.gif

I have been practicing pull offs for the last 2 weeks. What I have leanred about them is just like what Pavel said - It's not so much about the strength.

It's more about the feel/motion, if that makes sense. Imagine you are doing a pulloff. The string is already "fretted" because you are applying pressure with the finger. From there let the finger slide off. You will feel that the pressure from fretting the string creates a "grab" between the string and your finger (almost like a speedbump) so when you slide the finger off you don't need to use much strength or motion to get a strong sound. The motion for me is actually very minor, but I get a nice strong sound because of the "grab".

I hope I explained that clearly enough to help you. Like I said, I'm a newbie so maybe I am not wording things properly or maybe my view of the technique is different than how most see it.

Good luck with the pull offs.

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Jan 25 2007, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (lee @ Jan 23 2007, 07:26 AM) *
I could use some help with pull-offs.Anytime i pull-off on any string other than
e-string #1 i hit the next string .I've tried not pulling down as hard,but then
the note don't sound as loud as i would like it to.What am i doing wrong?

Do you pick the string just before you pull off or are you trying to do it without using your right hand?

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:44 PM